Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Abilities While Archwinging In Space

Mastikator2

Currently there's no reason not to take a tank into space, frame that have powerful abilities instead of tankyness don't bring anything to the space-table.

So yeah, if it's not on the TODO-list, let us make use of warframe abilities in archwing mode, if it is, kick it up a notch.

It could be as simple as holding shift (currently not used in archwing AFAIK) to swap between archwing and warframe skills.

Or some other mechanic. Either way, make it so.

I think most would be awful, as the ranges are miniscule.

It might be interesting if AW's allowed a single frame-themed power tagged on the end(just stick it as power 5)... I'm not sure.

ATM, I'm kind of happy about the fact that Valkyr is the queen of flight, but some bleed through might be interesting.

However, I'm completely against direct usage of the base powers, because they would end up wrecking a lot of AW stuff.

They just need more than 2 flavors of Archwings, then the need for frame powers go away as the archwings themselves fill the currently missing roles.

Roles like healing, crowd control, protection, etc. Currently archwing missions has no group tactics or cohesion (even less than regular warframe requires), it's just everyone flying around doing their own thing.

You use shift to boost in archwing... what are you talking about?

So we'll use the Alt key. The key is not what's important, common!

I think most would be awful, as the ranges are miniscule.

It might be interesting if AW's allowed a single frame-themed power tagged on the end(just stick it as power 5)... I'm not sure.

ATM, I'm kind of happy about the fact that Valkyr is the queen of flight, but some bleed through might be interesting.

However, I'm completely against direct usage of the base powers, because they would end up wrecking a lot of AW stuff.

Yeah I'd be fine with brand new warframe abilities for archwing missions. As long as there is some reason to EVER bring for example Loki to an archwing mission (hint: there currently isn't, it's a flat out downgrade to not bring a tank, that is a bad thing it's what we call an imbalance)

How about choosing one utility ability or have a Archwing have a ability copy power that shall copy one Warframe ability.

Like the Speed power. That'll be great...

Not every frame would have a useful utility, for example Nova is a total glass cannon and only has one utility and Wormhole would totally suck in space, unless it lets you travel like 10km (which it doesn't, the max range is like 50 meters).

Currently there's literally no reason to ever bring Nova in archwing. In a standard mission there's a tradeoff between Nova and say, Frost, both are good options. In archwing Frost is a good option and Nova is a bad option. That is not ok.

Not every frame would have a useful utility, for example Nova is a total glass cannon and only has one utility and Wormhole would totally suck in space, unless it lets you travel like 10km (which it doesn't, the max range is like 50 meters).

Currently there's literally no reason to ever bring Nova in archwing. In a standard mission there's a tradeoff between Nova and say, Frost, both are good options. In archwing Frost is a good option and Nova is a bad option. That is not ok.

Didn't the devs say that ability sizes are amplified in space? I mean, look at the consumable ranges. Holy crap they're huge.

Some abilities might need a tinkered Archwing variant, but of well. Worthwhile work I feel.

Also, Invisible Loki flying around in space would be awesome :D

Some abilities will be arse, but at least every frame has one potentially useful space ability.

Edited by Tyroki

They just need more than 2 flavors of Archwings, then the need for frame powers go away as the archwings themselves fill the currently missing roles.

Roles like healing, crowd control, protection, etc. Currently archwing missions has no group tactics or cohesion (even less than regular warframe requires), it's just everyone flying around doing their own thing.

Flanking. The enemies focus fire, if you have one team mate lead them off and the other take them out from behind, neither gets anywhere near as much damage as just taking them head on.

The extreme AW speeds mean it's actually a useful tactic.

Also, just need to throw this out there but: Mol Prime would be amazing in Archwing o.o

I dont think that Warframe abilties while in an Archwing would be usefull. Most Abilities simply wouldnt work well with the huge distances in Space. What should be done is simply splitting Warframes and Archwings completely up. Currently you carry over Mods and statts from your Frame into your Archwing, i think thats a realy bad idea as it denies the possibility of building mixed missions where you are partly in an Archwing and partly in your warframe (like the last Quest mission) that are fun to play, because you need to have a frame completely build up for supporting your Archwing.

They should simply give the Archwing base statts and buff the Mods (like Health, Shield etc) and remove the impact of Warframes. This would do 3 things. 1. everyone could use the warframe he likes. 2. its much easier to balance the different Archwings between each other. 3. it would be possible to create mixed missions that work like the last Archwing Quest mission (or maybe the other way around).

Edited by Xebov

Making the archwing less dependant on the frame would be a far better, and less time consuming, route to go.  It would also pave the way to make more dual mode missions possible.

While I did one shot the archwing starter mission on my valkyr, it was by the slimmest of margins.  Had I known, I would have brought frosty into the fray instead and smashed my way to a much less slim victory.

Every time I've been in an archwing mission with a loki, they never survived until the end.  At least not without multiple revives.  Loki was designed around using various abilities to survive, and in archwing you get punished for not having a frame with at least mid-range survival stats rather harshly.