Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Shotgun Rework - Point Blank & Blaze

Brimir

While I'm not convinced the OP is the best solution, everyone dismissing it needs to ask themself one thing..

How many Shotgun users do you see out there?

No, sentinals do not count.

I'd personally move Blaze damage to Point Blank, and rework Blaze, doubling PB may be too much.

Blaze does not have to be fire you know, mods can be renamed.

Crit & Status like Hammershot, or a Shred type mod (less punchthrough than Seeking Force of course).

But my primary just proves you wrong. My main shotgun does far more damage. I think even the normal Strun now is pretty powerful. More so than Bronco, not sure if it's more powerful than Brakk but could be.

But your two builds don't compare; your Brakk build has an open mod slot, and has Maim (which doesn't do much on the Brakk). Compare full builds on both weapons.

While I'm not convinced the OP is the best solution, everyone dismissing it needs to ask themself one thing..

How many Shotgun users do you see out there?

How many people do you see using Dual Cestra, Lecta, Furax, Sheev, Drakgoon, Miter, etc.? Those are all great weapons, I know because I've forma'd them and use them, yet I never see anyone in game with them, why is that? It's definitely not because they suck, it's because players aren't willing to adapt to the weapon, and because they're mad that they cant one-shot level 80 enemies. And that's fine. There are lots of other "better" weapons for those players to use.

That said, I think it's a problem that some weapons are so under-utilized and no one can agree on how to fix the problem.

I hope the changes you guys (everyone making shotgun topics) are suggesting are implemented, to see if it really changes anything. Too much talking, not enough changing on DE's part (they're busy I guess).

Edited by DarkTails

the problem with Blaze is that it was introduced in dmg 1.0, when everyone was going for rainbow build and elmental type didnt form any combo nor mattered... it was simply "extra dmg"

now that we have dmg 2.0 this mod has become problematic unless you need Heat dmg on ur build... it really needs to be updated because the 60% flat dmg is too good to pass