Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

2Nd Warframe Anniversary

Cyborg-Rox

On March 26th 2014 DE released a Tenno Reinforcements update to mark Warframe's beta anniversary. 

https://warframe.com/news/tenno-reinforcements-19 

It was celebrated by giving new 'Lotus' themed Akfuris pistols called the Dex Furis with improved stats, much like Wraith and Vandal weapons, to all players who logged in between March 26th and April 2nd.

There was also a special Excalibur skin put up for sale for 150 platinum during the period, greatly resembling Hayden Tenno's suit from Warframe's prequel Dark Sector, as well as 24h alerts for both Forma, Reactor and Catalyst blueprints.

On today's devstream #40 DE announced that the Hayden Tenno 'Proto Armor' skin will return on the 2nd anniversary next year, meaning that we will get a similar celebration, if not bigger.

I know it's still 5 months until this happens, but I want to hear what you guys think will/should be added for the 2nd celebration. I think there will be a new 'Dex' weapon, maybe for a Tenno weapon that isn't Primed yet. I'm also hoping for Hayden's Glaive skin to be added as well.

Comment suggestions/ideas below c:

It's confirmed that it's coming back?  That just made me squeeee

Absolutely love the look of that armor.  I'd drop 300p on it.  Hopefully DE isn't looking at this.

This game was made by the same people that did Dark Sector?!

I loved that game! Now i feel bad that I'm only just starting Warframe. :(

Yeah, DE worked on Unreal Tournament '99 as well.  I LOVED that game.  Especially compared to that Quake 3 Arena garbage.

Edited by FishNeedles

• 1 month later...

isn't our current Glaive the same piece Hayden used? What's the actual difference?

Also, expecting Proto-Nyx or Proto-Rhino.

For references, check Dark Sector's Nemesis and Colossus.

Dex Stiletto please.

Well, DE can still show it their way and I would buy their anniversary item if I like it.

Dex Carrier, or Dex Sahasa, for the lolz. :3 Hek, let's just add on 'Dex' to strange things, like... Prova! Dex Prova. XD Or Dex Extractor: Extracts only cryotic, oxium, tellurium, or argon. Dex Specter: Grows in level as the enemies do, and is reusable without having to recraft. Dex Ammo Cache Mod: Combines ammo scavenger and ammo mutation into one mod. Dex Excalibur: All powers have an innate Syndicate effect applied to them.

I'm all for the Nyx proto armor skin. It's been brought up enough times I'd almost be surprised if they didn't add on the 2nd anniversary. Although it makes we wonder if there would be room to add her weapon in as well. A giant throw-able glaive-lance would be pretty unique. 

A proto glaive skin would be pretty squee worthy too. Or it could be a Dex glaive if they wanted to make it an outright separate weapon.

Personally I've been waiting to see if they'll add in a skin for Excal based on the 2004-2005 dark sector trailers. Although maybe I'm too stuck on the past... 

I'm all for the Nyx proto armor skin. It's been brought up enough times I'd almost be surprised if they didn't add on the 2nd anniversary. Although it makes we wonder if there would be room to add her weapon in as well. A giant throw-able glaive-lance would be pretty unique. 

A proto glaive skin would be pretty squee worthy too. Or it could be a Dex glaive if they wanted to make it an outright separate weapon.

Personally I've been waiting to see if they'll add in a skin for Excal based on the 2004-2005 dark sector trailers. Although maybe I'm too stuck on the past... 

i think it would be a bit too similar to the current excal to add old dark sector excal in. besides how will they do the weird fin things he had going

i think it would be a bit too similar to the current excal to add old dark sector excal in. besides how will they do the weird fin things he had going

Yeah, I didn't really think about how they would have the fins on the suit extending and retracting. Plus at this point it would look just like a corpus-ified Excal, and that probably doesn't fit the style of the game today. I also doubt that the community would want another Excal exclusive skin since he already has one.

A guy can dream though. 

I also doubt that the community would want another Excal exclusive skin since he already has one.

I sure as hell don't, Excalibur is the default frame, and he's pretty boring (from what I heard, I used Volt)....so for exclusive skins, put Saryn first in line, she needs an exclusive skin :D

I sure as hell don't, Excalibur is the default frame, and he's pretty boring (from what I heard, I used Volt)....so for exclusive skins, put Saryn first in line, she needs an exclusive skin :D

nah. who plays saryn? she should be removed from game for being so lame :P /jokes

but i would love to see more skins like proto excal that change the general model of the frame. like those skins that one tenno made....argh i can't remember his name to save my life

• 4 weeks later...

I expect either Reborn Valkyr, Original Valkyr, "Proto's" of a small selection of frames (thinking Ember, Frost, and Volt) or the original Dark Sector concept armor for Excalibur.  +Proto Excalibur should be available again.

As for weapon, DEX Braton, DEX Strun, DEX Bolter, or, Queen's forbid, DEX Soma.  Could also be a melee weapon that gets DEXed. Preferably a weapon from each category gets DEXed, with the return of old annual prizes, though I'd understand if DEXFuris had to be purchased with platinum this time around.  I really don't think annual gifts need to be kept exclusive to the people whom were there.

Edited by Littleman88

I really don't think annual gifts need to be kept exclusive to the people whom were there.

Yeah. I'm expecting them to do the same as they did on 2014's Day of the Dead, where we got all the skins from the previous year, the old Halloween colour palette, an equal amount of brand new skins, AND the new awesome shoulder bat-wings.

So basically, stuff from last year, and an equal amount of new stuff.

It'd be unfair to keep previous year items exclusive, and would not make sense since they returned the H'ween and Christmas Scythe skins. 

Last year so many people missed it because of the short time-span, and games like Dark Souls 2 were fresh out of the oven.

The way I see it is this. If you patiently wait a year of your life you cannot get back, you deserve another chance at items you missed. 

I think a new dex weapon or two is highly probable along with some kind of celebratory event.

I would like to see Dex furis make a return for all the players that never got it the first time around (they never said it was going to be exclusive to my knowledge give me a link if Im mistaken). I would also like to see the lotus create a new tenno themed dex weapon which has an often overlooked regular counterpart. The dual skana would be my top choice there but I could also see the tigris, attica, Venka, or fragor being good alternative choices

The usual forma, reactor, catalyst alerts will probably show up. Although if Im being honest I feel like that would be extremely lazy. I would rather see something like the back to school events. Rare mods, warframe parts, resources, and more being put up as guaranteed alerts over a 24 hour period till a new set of rewards came up. That was IMO the most worth while event to do because I felt like it was worth it to run.

I suspect there will be several new "Proto" cosmetics. Ild like to see a Proto liset skin, proto syndana, proto sugatra, and proto armor bits

Finally Ild like to see the void trader make a return with all the inventory hes sold this year. Come to think of it that should be a yearly thing. Every anniversary Baro Ki Teer returns with all the same inventory he sold over the year