Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Give the Tenno a voice; add a 'quick speak' function.

BossEpoch

So I've played a few other shooters and one feature they have is a kind of quick speak function, where you can say a preset phrase with your keyboard. Anyone who's played Tribes will know what I'm talking about. I was thinking there could be a more simplified version, where you can press alt (as an example) and your Tenno will call out to the team and place a waypoint depending on what it is. (i.e 'Shotgun Ammo!' 'Mod here!' 'Grineer Napalm spotted!') Obviously there should be a 5-10 second cooldown so people can't spam the daylights out of it.

On top of this there could be multiple voices available, there could even be some premium voices available for those who want to cough up some dough. An exagerated example could be the 'King' voice pack, which would give your Tenno the marvelous voice of John st. John.

I think if they replace the middle mouse button with a "speak menu" it would be much more better. Everyone can use buttons. The menu should be a circle and where you drag the mouse button it says the phrase, like the suit change in Crysis.

I need asstance/help, I found something, wait here, cover me, go ahead, follow me

like this :)

Edited by Bazsi

I'm pretty happy that the Tenno are silent.

It gives them massive badass points, where its like they don't need to speak; They all know what to do, and what each other will do in whatever situation they find themselves in.

Also, it allows the player to be the character's voice, through the ingame VOIP, over a third party VOIP program with their friends, or just in their own heads and I think that is important especially in a small group co-op game.

If your character has a voice, they end up saying things their own way and that is something I usually find annoying because it is not something I would say, or it isn't specific enough for what I want to actually say, and more-often-than-not there simply will not be a large enough variety of voice actors, and therefore a lot of people will sound the same. That really breaks immersion for me.

I guess you could say I am a fan of the Freeman-Syndrome.

I'm tired of faux-Asian accents. Whether or not if they're done well, it's just a really tired trope that I find irritating in games.

Also, after having played the game this long, I really don't want the Tenno to have voices - for one, it'll ruin the silent protagonist, and second because Lotus is annoying enough. No need to open the doors for bad voice acting.

I don't even think DE wants to spend money hiring voice actors for lines. If they did, all the males would sound the same and the females too. You can tell they haven't spent a dime in it yet by the grineer lines.

Honestly, the Grineer don't even need lines, the radio chatter sounds good enough.