Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Improvements To Be Made With The Syndicates System

ericlolol

Hi all,

(For summary of improvements to be made go to spoiler at the bottom)

Instead of criticizing the whole new syndicates system like most people did, I would like to give suggestions. DE staff worked hard on getting it in U15, please don't ruin their hard work.

Sooooo.... The syndicates. People are saying that the syndicates system isn't very ideal and yes, it is partially true. This feature is supposed to be end-game and to the new players, this would be a great add-on that they can work on alongside unlocking new warframes/weapons/kubrows/etc. However, for the veteran players that has everything unlocked and maxed out, this syndicates rewards system is messed up and frustrating. People would have to grind a lot to get the standings required for the next rank... and only to lose all the hard earned standings. This part can be improved upon greatly. Here is how. (look at content below)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sigils

Sigils should give bonus standing, even just a little bit would be great (+10% or +50% every new, higher ranked sigil). With that, the removal of trading of sigils will be necessary. This helps both the new players and veteran players create a goal for themselves and speeds up the process of endless farming (veteran players are really really tired of that)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Standings

Players should be able to keep their standings after ranking up. Here is how to do it ideally.

*Example of the current system* Farm 5000 standing ---> Rank 0 to Rank 1 needs 5000 ---> reset all hard earned standing (take away 5000) ---> Re-Farm 22000 standing ---> Rank 1 to Rand 2 needs 22000 ---> reset all hard earned standing AGAIN (take away 22000) ---> Re-Farm --------> and so on.

*Example of the logical way of re-doing the system* Farm 5000 standing ---> Rank 0 to Rank 1 needs 5000 ---> KEEP all hard earned standing ---> Farm 22000 standing ---> Rank 1 to Rand 2 needs 27000 (5000+22000) ---> KEEP all hard earned standing ---> Farm more --------> and so on. This could further help players utilize their hard earned standings in the offering section. They can buy stuff in between the ranking farming progress.

Sacrifices (PURELY OPTIONAL)

Finally, ( Again, Purely Optional) the resources sacrificed in the ranking process should not be a potato, a prime blueprint, or a prime part because that involves more farming! Again, veteran players DO NOT like farming. Instead, replace it with something unique that requires less farming.

Feedback Summary

1. Sigils should give bonus reputation/standing. (Creates goal for players to work on, and makes farming faster for players)

2. Standings should not be reset after every rank up, instead, players should keep their standings, but increase the standings required for each rank. (Increase the ability to utilize the standings)

3. The syndicates' sacrifice system should be improved upon, such as sacrificing items that aren't potatoes or prime parts. (Sacrificing potatoes and prime stuff P!$$3$ off veteran players because they have already spent endless hours working on these stuff)

Great Ideas from Other Community Members!

From - TinFoilMkIV -----> Reputaton bonuses should be given after unlocking new sigils, this way, the arcane helmet incident where people chose the stats over cosmetic purposes can be prevented. The reputation bonuses apply to every single sigil that was unlocked for the syndicate by the user. The sigil bonus is calculated by the highest rank sigil you have unlocked/purchased, "similar" to how breeding grounds event gave the users rewards. Full feedback from TinFoilMkIV can be found here. https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/337574-syndicates-feedback-and-thoughts/

Hope this paragraph help the devs and everyone reading this sentence know what we (veteran players and general public) want and what direction to improve the system upon. Thank you for reading this long paragraph and have a nice day! :)

Feel free to comment below about your opinions and/or new ideas!

Edited by ericlolol

I agree partially with points 1 and 2, but I agree with Steve on number 3 - it needs to be a major sacrifice. (I'm a U7 vet and I have no problem with giving up a few of my extra shtuffs.)

Closed Beta vet, and I agree there should be major sacrifice, but I also feel we need to be able to make a connection with the Syndicate we are working with. Get different dialogue, and recognition. Possibly more being said in syndicate missions, and proper communication with said Syndicate. Messages with gifts at random due to standing like once a day they give you something based on standing with them.

The Major Sacrifice currently is not justified due to how weak the connection is with the syndicate we are working hard for. Heck I bet the Arbiters of Hexis are treating their Tenno the same way Cephalon Suda treats hers... Were not getting any different treatment based on how it should be.

Closed Beta vet, and I agree there should be major sacrifice, but I also feel we need to be able to make a connection with the Syndicate we are working with. Get different dialogue, and recognition. Possibly more being said in syndicate missions, and proper communication with said Syndicate. Messages with gifts at random due to standing like once a day they give you something based on standing with them.

The Major Sacrifice currently is not justified due to how weak the connection is with the syndicate we are working hard for. Heck I bet the Arbiters of Hexis are treating their Tenno the same way Cephalon Suda treats hers... Were not getting any different treatment based on how it should be.

This will probably be added in the future as syndicates are worked on more, while adding rep bonuses to sigils and removing rep loss from rank up is something that can be done in a hotfix.

Thanks, Devoid... and I feel like this syndicates system can be developed upon... SIGNIFICANTLY. More ideas (From me!) will be added to this thread. I might also add some great ideas from the comments into my original thread... I will give the original guy credit!

Well one argument against the bonus standing for sigils was that they create the effect the arcane helmets had where "I wear the one with the stats not the one I want". Which is a valid point in my opinion, which could be remedied by granting the bonus for unlocking the sigil and applying it to all sigils you own for that syndicate. Of course as above this would mean locking sigils to the account, which in my opinion should be the case whether or not they get any sort of effect.

For the resetting standings, I'm okay with how it works currently, I think the issue is that since it is also used as a currency within the syndicates it feels like more of a loss than other games where the rep counter resets per rank but only functions as a secondary exp meter. This could really go either way, personally I could live with it either way.

On sacrifices, I think they're mostly alright how they are, however I feel that the reactor/catalyst sacrifice should be at a higher level then it is, as they are technically more rare then prime parts, and players are likely to see them as the higher value item.

Personally I feel the area that is in most need of improvement is our methods of obtaining rep. As it stands currently the syndicate alerts are the only thing that affects our gameplay at all as far as increasing our rep, and that's only a matter of requiring us to play mission types we may not normally be doing.

As it is a bit of a long explanation I'll just link my thread where I wrote out in more detail what I feel is missing from the rep gathering system and what I'd like to see done with it. https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/337574-syndicates-feedback-and-thoughts/

Edited by TinFoilMkIV

I don't get why there are hundreds of replies on the post that says that DE overdid the rank up system of the syndicates and there are barely any comments here here. I have a valid solution to people's problems and everyone just doesn't care. They only care about complaining and being unproductive. REDICULOUS.

I guess Syndicate Standing accumulation should be at least changed to a more irregular number,

more likely, something like this;

Current Syndicate Standing earned           :   100%

Allied Syndicate Standing earned              :   50-60%

Opposing Syndicate Standing deducted  :   45-35%

Enemy Syndicate Standing deducted       :   90-75%

This should make it possible to manage multiple syndicates,..

Also, they should make the Syndicate Standing Reward to not make deductions on enemy syndicate...

Rewards should not affect opposing, enemy and probably ally syndicate standing....

Syndicate Squad and Platoon Attacks should remove some negative standing and/or halt their attacks for some time....

Probably one Squad/Platoon attack per day...

This should avoid continuous enemy syndicate attacks...

It would be a disaster if someone who is unlucky enough was attacked by Stalker at the first mission, Eximus Squad at the next mission, and G3 right after that, and Eximus again..

Finally, add more Drops on Eximus... It's Crazy that it only drops OBERON parts...

Maybe some mods, or resources, or other frame parts...

or maybe make them drop things that their original counterpart drops....

Or maybe make a new resource that drops only by Eximus....

Sigils

Sigils should give bonus standing, even just a little bit would be great (+10% or +50% every new, higher ranked sigil). With that, the removal of trading of sigils will be necessary. This helps both the new players and veteran players create a goal for themselves and speeds up the process of endless farming (veteran players are really really tired of that)

Standings

Players should be able to keep their standings after ranking up. Here is how to do it ideally.

*Example of the current system* Farm 5000 standing ---> Rank 0 to Rank 1 needs 5000 ---> reset all hard earned standing (take away 5000) ---> Re-Farm 22000 standing ---> Rank 1 to Rand 2 needs 22000 ---> reset all hard earned standing AGAIN (take away 22000) ---> Re-Farm --------> and so on.

*Example of the logical way of re-doing the system* Farm 5000 standing ---> Rank 0 to Rank 1 needs 5000 ---> KEEP all hard earned standing ---> Farm 22000 standing ---> Rank 1 to Rand 2 needs 27000 (5000+22000) ---> KEEP all hard earned standing ---> Farm more --------> and so on. This could further help players utilize their hard earned standings in the offering section. They can buy stuff in between the ranking farming progress.

Sacrifices (PURELY OPTIONAL)

Finally, ( Again, Purely Optional) the resources sacrificed in the ranking process should not be a potato, a prime blueprint, or a prime part because that involves more farming! Again, veteran players DO NOT like farming. Instead, replace it with something unique that requires less farming.

Trading sigils should not be removed. Without the ability to trade, you won't be able to wear sigils aesthetically when you're finished with syndicates. As a Red Veil supporter, I like both my current syndicate and my enemy syndicate's sigils. How would I get both? Trading. Without trading I would have to pay 14 instances, with 3 of them currently potatoes. This is not including the days of point earning. 

Your standings proposition is alright but not mandatory. It doesn't make sense to lose points to increase standing, but if you kept all your points you would easily obtain a majority of the offerings by the time you got to rank 5.

Your optional sacrifices proposition is something relate-able to many players imo. A potato revision is something I definitely support. The prime parts however, are fine by me. An appreciated change would be that instead of the item, we only give them the blueprint. (For rank 5 they make you craft it too)

There sacrifice should be lowered, give few rare and uncommon resources like 10 for rare (10 is big on rare but it is the price for a prime weapon so it is reasonable) and 500-2500 for uncommon. I totaly agree with all other point. Sigils are s*** if they are just for cosmetics, if you earn rep so slow we will see enourmes prices for sindicate mods soon.

Generally the Reputation Boost should be propotional to your Mastery Rank.

The Sacrifice is Completely all right.

And Sigils should give you Buffs rather than giving you bonus rep. (For Example: 0,3 Energy Regeneration or something similar)

Maybe wiping out an enemy syndicate Assassin Squad should get you 2k Rep for your Syndicate, while the opposing Syndicate hates you even more.

The Worst part is still the Reputation. Not the Sacrifice.