Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

U16 - Fixes Amd Balances

Shizzuie

Can we please have that be the title of the next major update? Like I would love the game 10000x more if they stopped making new content for a bit just to go through the entire game and fix as many bugs as possible while doing all the rebalances they have been talking about.

I have had so many issues in this game lately that its starting to become slightly unbearable to play for an extended period of time which is basically the only way of playing warframe that I know... Like I wish I could be more helpful and actually give a crash log but my client will not close correctly to actually give me a crash log which is also very frustrating...

Whats the point in having a crash logger if the game can't even properly give you one at least 50% of the time?

Posted under general to see if people would rather have a major bug fix patch or another major broken content patch.

[EDIT]

I understand that doing such update would be bad for the game as a whole but this game went from completely 60 fps stable to unexplainable crashes with nothing to explain why or what is causing my issues due to the failure of the crash logger during the past few major content patches since U13 which makes it feel like if this continues then I won't be able to play the game at all.

Edited by Shizzuie

you do realize this is a beta right?

yes but you can't just keep making new buggy content then throwing it on top of old buggy content then slowly work through it all over the next few months then do the same exact thing again.

So I guess all those artists and animators are just going to sit around on their hands for a whole update cycle?

maybe if they had more time then they could work on making the content better for release.

ALSO working on making future content as well.

Edited by Shizzuie

yes but you can't just keep making new buggy content then throwing it on top of old buggy content then slowly work through it all over the next few months then do the same exact thing again.

maybe if they had more time then they could work on making the content better for release

It's not 'released'

The ENTIRE point of an early-access beta is to get bare-bones content out for testing and improvement. It's our job as testers to break the game and report back to the developers.

You are wanting Warframe to be a full and bug-free released game. That's not what it is.

Right, I'm sure Steve is sending out an email right now to all the weapon artists, UI artists, level artists, level designers, sound designers, half of the code team, and the animators right now telling them to find work for the next 3 months while the QA team and the other half of the code team works on fixing bugs

All this sort of S#&$ is constantly happening. The team that is qualified to do this is doing it and has been since day one, by limiting what gets worked on you're not adding more to that, you're just taking away from everything else.

It's not 'released'

The ENTIRE point of an early-access beta is to get bare-bones content out for testing and improvement. It's our job as testers to break the game and report back to the developers.

You are wanting Warframe to be a full and bug-free released game. That's not what it is.

My experience in warframe because of bugs has only gotten worse since the past few major content updates so I think they should focus more on that then adding in new toys.

This update I had to disable directx 10 and 11 along with physX because it caused my game to crash A LOT.

Right, I'm sure Steve is sending out an email right now to all the weapon artists, UI artists, level artists, level designers, sound designers, half of the code team, and the animators right now telling them to find work for the next 3 months while the QA team and the other half of the code team works on fixing bugs

All this sort of S#&$ is constantly happening. The team that is qualified to do this is doing it and has been since day one, by limiting what gets worked on you're not adding more to that, you're just taking away from everything else.

i like the concept but think about this when ever they update something more problems just pop up so its better for them to focus on something and add more to the game than fixing everything and then it breaking again when they do add something new

Just because they focus more on fixing content doesn't mean that new content production needs to be stopped for ALL sections of development

My experience in warframe because of bugs has only gotten worse since the past few major content updates so I think they should focus more on that then adding in new toys.

This update I had to disable directx 10 and 11 along with physX because it caused my game to crash A LOT.

Sounds to me like you need to take a break and come back in the future, then. 

No matter how much you want Warframe to be a complete game, it's not. Only time is going to do that.

Sounds to me like you need to take a break and come back in the future, then. 

No matter how much you want Warframe to be a complete game, it's not. Only time is going to do that.

I'm not asking for complete, I'm asking for playable.

They don't need to do an entire update dedicated to fixing the issues with the game, they just need weekly or bi-weekly patches that focus specifically on balancing, then squash the bugs as per-usual. 

EDIT:

Loving everyone's knee-jerk reaction to this topic btw. 

The OP is just asking for a more balanced and more functional game than currently is. You can't keep bashing the BETA tag forever as the game has been in BETA for good over a year, and some of the problems reported back then still exist now and keep being reported on. The problem is that their focus is on new content, not existing content. Back in the day a BETA was a playtest for an almost finished product that needed fresh eyes to find and report on bugs,  glitches and graphical performances across varying builds so the developers could launch a game as bugfree and stable as they could. Warframe is more than a just a playtest, it's an entire game and has been ever since they started advertising major updates on various sales platforms. 

That said, with the multitude of different PC builds out there, a completely stable game impossible. At least I have yet to encounter one, but that could be my fault for all I know. 

Edited by TwiceDead

They don't need to do an entire update dedicated to fixing the issues with the game, they just need weekly or bi-weekly patches that focus specifically on balancing, then squash the bugs as per-usual. 

You mean like the ones they already do?

I'm not asking for complete, I'm asking for playable.

It is playable. Not everyone has the same hardware, software, local infrastructure, or knowledge of how to properly maintain a personal computer. There's always going to be cases like yours even after development ceases.

You know why developers don't optimize games during development? Because the optimizations break immediately after the next update.

Edited by JohnProdman

yes but the hotfixes sometimes break things that didn't need to be broken or focus on some of the not-so-relevant issues.

You mean like the ones they already do?

It is playable. Not everyone has the same hardware, software, local infrastructure, or knowledge of how to properly maintain a personal computer. There's always going to be cases like yours even after development ceases.

You know why developers don't optimize games during development? Because the optimizations break immediately after the next update.

My case only gets worse with the new major content and the best thing I can do is talk about it on the forums because the crash logger doesn't work at all.

It is playable, you're just expecting an almost bugfree in open beta game...

there's bound game breaking bugs here and there in every update

I'm not expecting bug free; I just want these hotfixes to actually feel like they are improving the game for me a bit

As people have already stated in this thread, every time someone suggests a developer dedicate all staff to bug-fixing it's completely @(*()$ stupid. The people who fix bugs are fixing bugs. The people who create, are creating. I think they're moving at a reasonable pace right now honestly.

The performance is already being worked on as they have stated. Particles. They understand. It's being fixed.

Edited by Shady_Steve

As people have already stated in this thread, every time someone suggests a developer dedicate all staff to bug-fixing it's completely @(*()$ stupid. The people who fix bugs are fixing bugs. The people who create, are creating. I think they're moving at a reasonable pace right now honestly.

The performance is already being worked on as they have stated. Particles. They understand. It's being fixed.

I understand that it sounds stupid after thinking about it but you are you putting yourself in my shoes where every thing feels like its getting more unstable with every major update? I can't even play long missions anymore such as 40 min T4S's without crashing for no apparent reason 5 mins into the game.

Edited by Shizzuie

I'm not expecting bug free; I just want these hotfixes to actually feel like they are improving the game for me a bit

Ultimately, we are the testers. Obviously DE has a team to catch the big stuff, but its us who are crawling over every facet of the game and pointing out what isnt right.

If youre expecting Warframe to be bug free, or even playable at all times, then youre in well over your head here.

I'd like you to point me towards those balance patches that actually make sense. The Mastery Ranks are still sitting pretty in the corner over there. 

If you really think they don't know about that and aren't trying hard to fix it then I don't know what to tell you.

That's just asinine.

I understand that it sounds stupid after thinking about it but you are you putting yourself in my shoes where every thing feels like its getting more unstable with every major update? I can't even play long missions anymore such as 40 min T4S's without crashing for no apparent reason 5 mins into the game.

I'm not putting myself in your shoes, because i'm not experiencing the crashing that you are. Are you on 32-bit? Are you on Windows XP?

That they are working very hard on.