Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Death Disintegration Effect Should Be Changed

Mahlok

DE, please either remove it, tone it down, or add an option to disable it. In my opinion, the new effects are way to distracting, and honestly made it less appealing than before. It also eats up a lot of my fps. GTX 780, 16GB ram and i7 4820k @4.2GHz here, finding myself dropping to 30fps at times (with or without physx). I am sure there are tons of people out there using low-mid end computers so their framerates may be way worse than mine. So, it would be awesome if it was changed :) Love ya DE

Yes. The first time I noticed was during an Excavation mission. I thought something was happening with all the crazy sparkling and sizzling from the amount of bodies near the excavator.

It's okay with a trickle of enemies over a wide area, but that's not the situation in the kind of defensive missions that makes up almost half of the game. A mass of disintegrating bodies is very loud, and makes a crazy dust cloud that obscures vision.

Nooooo.... My amd and radeon r7 card is not having any issues...

Performance is different for everyone I guess. But having an option to disable or at least tone the effects down would be great, coz I know I am not the only one who thinks that the effects are way too distracting and unappealing :D

It seems that every body is playing the disintegration effect several times now. I do not know if this was the intended change, but it is not a good one. My computer already has trouble with the PhysX particles, and rendering that many at once causes even more trouble. Plus, it is loud and blocks your view even more than the old version.

So that what it was. It doesn't seem to work properly either, at least  for me.

I noticed it only a few times, usually killing enemies and their bodies disintegrate normally. Then suddenly a little later the whole area where I was killing goes *ZZZZZRT*, particles flying everywhere where invisible bodies are disintegrated again now with a sound effect.

Its horrible, either tone it done a lot or remove or make an option to remove.

Seeing as your gpu is choking while 10 enemies disentegrate at once it not fun.

Exactly my thoughts. I prefer the effects before this hotfix. It was simple, but beautiful at the same time. I am actually fine with any animation they put in. There's no need to completely remove it, just an option to disable or tweak it would be nice :) Oh and also, I've just noticed a bit of microstutter as well that I haven't experienced in Warframe in a long time. Took me a while to notice it, maybe it's coz I was too focused on the new death effects :x

Edited by GuyWhoWhispers

It is just overdone, really overdone.

Needs dialling down a lot!

60fps on my system easily, all the time, until now.

Also, when I saw the update notes I foolishly thought the boring death animations were being upgraded :(

Edited by Egg_Chen

I kinda like it....But it does affect fps if there is too much bodies. So yeah, a tonedown required.

But the effect itself adds a feeling that its and actual body gets destroyed (Imagine how many stuff must be desintegrated on a single Grineer unit. Its metal armor + body+ weapon.....this stuff cant just disappear without a spark)

There is an obvious bug going on. when they first introduced the new grineer disintegration it worked fine as ugly as it was. I want my blue whip of sparks back! However after a recent hot fix it playing both new and old particle affects and spamming them multiple times at once on each corps.

Edited by ecchi-tomodachi