Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Feedback] Syndicates

Ddublu

I'll start by saying that having these syndicates is a rather cool addition to the game. Being able to sort of join up with a faction that fulfills ones' playstyle is very nice as far as immersion into the game. However, I feel there are a few key problems that I see that I think can be easily remedied or changed.

1) Gained Standing: So it's to my understanding that a player doesn't actually gain rep with a syndicate but more earns points that can then be used to unlock perks and such. Yes you keep your title with them, however wouldn't that make it that much more of a grind to get up to the max title if your having to spend your rep points on items and such instead?

I think that it should simply remain being a rep number instead of having to spend one's rep in order to gain various perks from the syndicate. I'd rather spend credits on items aside from the sigils, of which I think should be the default reward one gains from gaining more and more standing with the syndicate.

2) Item Sacrificing: I am actually okay with this concept... to an extent. My main concern is that we have to eventually use an orokin catalyst/reactor in order to advance further in our syndicate which out of all the things that is sacrificed is the ONLY one that cannot simply be farmed. Unless say those special Grineer/corpus caches are capable of dropping catalysts/reactors or something; then I'd be more okay with it, but as far as I know they are only gained from alerts which seem to nearly never pop up in the alert rotations unless its because of a Devstream.

I'd suggest that having to use a very important item to any and all warframes and weapons should either be swapped over to more Forma, something that can be farmed, or simply changed into something else. As long as the sacrifice can be relatively easily gotten, that'd solve a big issue I have with the current system.

3) More rewards: So watched the rerun of the latest devstream where it was brought up that syndicates will eventually offer more stuff or change their rewards over time based on how popular they are? I think that this is a very VERY bad idea as it can somewhat force players to constantly swap between syndicates to gain all the rewards they desire. This is currently present as one would want to get high enough ranking to get all the special mods from each syndicate before possibly leaving to join the actual syndicate they enjoy playing as/with.

Just my two cents on the Syndicate system.

Agreed with point 1, gaining rank with a syndicate would rpobably be more simple if the progression of the rank depended on total rep gian as opposed to now where we reach the next rank, spend all the points and repeat, thoguh it isn;t really an issue because it takes time and this is menat to take time, it's endgame, i think...

On potatoes... While they are a notable sacrifice to an extent, 20p is still reasonable to spend, and you can easily make tha amount to get a potato via trading if you know your cards

Agreed with point 1, gaining rank with a syndicate would rpobably be more simple if the progression of the rank depended on total rep gian as opposed to now where we reach the next rank, spend all the points and repeat, thoguh it isn;t really an issue because it takes time and this is menat to take time, it's endgame, i think...

On potatoes... While they are a notable sacrifice to an extent, 20p is still reasonable to spend, and you can easily make tha amount to get a potato via trading if you know your cards

The point on potatoes; having to rely on trading is a really bad method I feel since who's to say you'll be able to find someone that'll buy whatever your selling unless its like a super popular thing which are usually something you will want to keep yourself. I guess if you endlessly farm copies of everything for hours you can manage but I don't agree with having to rely on a player-based system to be able to advance in syndicates.

I still think it'd be a better idea if it cost like.. 2-3 Forma for that step, or have a step that requires a few R5 cores. Anything is better than something that you cannot directly farm for.

1. I explained in another thread that Syndicate rating is only as hard as you make it. Today their was a post about someone who has already nearly maxed 2 of the syndicates. (he got 2 weapon augments from two different syndicates) So ya, in 2 weeks someone has gained that much rep.

2. Its a sacrifice it has to be something hard to give up. Also its perfectly fine unless it is something like a Affinity booster which has to be gotten due to plat.

3. Soon

Edited by Feallike

1. I personally feel the use of rep itself is alright, my issue is more with how restricted we are in how we obtain rep. The fact that it has essentially zero effect on how many people play the game and some may even feel forced into methods they enjoy less to obtain reasonable ammounts of rep. I think if we expand on how you actually obtain rep this should be much less of an issue.

2. I'm okay with the reactor/catalyst as a rank up requirement but I feel they should be at a higher rank than they currently are. The points about them being the only non-farmable requirement are valid however.

3. I think this is okay and that expanding a factions reward list can only be a good thing in the future. I believe the system is supposed to be about making a choice and sacrifice, that you won't reasonably be obtaining everything by yourself although it will technically be possible. While I'm not a huge fan of trading the way it currently plays out in game, I'm okay with the inter syndicate rewards trading, and hopefully shouldn't be too problematic once the system has been around long enough for players to have access to rewards on demand to make syndicate mod trading an actual thing.

1. I explained in another thread that Syndicate rating is only as hard as you make it. Today their was a post about someone who has already nearly maxed 2 of the syndicates. (he got 2 weapon augments from two different syndicates) So ya, in 2 weeks someone has gained that much rep.

part of this is due to a bug that was allowing players to gain significantly more rep than was supposed to be gained per run. A good player with a reliable group can still farm some pretty solid rep numbers my real issue is that there are basically two nearly identical methods for this and everything else can't even compare. Those being super long term survival and defense runs to the really absurd levels because right now rep is tied entirely to affinity gains.

And because I honestly do not wan't to try and write all this out again I'm just going to link my own thread I wrote up earlier about this stuff.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/337574-syndicates-feedback-and-thoughts/

I still don't think I should have to spend 20p just so I can move up in a syndicate because there's been a lack of Orokin Reactors in the alert pools for a good long while now (admittedly I don't scour the alert twitter 24/7 for reactors/catalysts but still). The past Devstream alerts have been catalyst after catalyst after catalyst, or it seems that way; there may have been a Forma or two thrown in that.

I understand that it makes for an actual important sacrifice to make out of the rest since the rest can be easily farmed for, but I kind of like not having to worry about 'oh I can't put a catalyst on this weapon because I'll need it for my syndicate' or 'This warframe is super fun, but I don't have a reactor anymore because of my syndicate'.

My biggest gripe is that Syndicates offer no immersion. They give stuff and I am attacked by the opposite group (why is mystery to me, but ok). That is very meager. They could have called them tradepost, colonists whatever, and use the same mechanics. There is absolutely nothing which connects me them.