Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Can't Figure Out What Weapons To Keep.

ManTouch

Question

I've received a lot of weapons from alerts. The thing is that I now have more weapons that inventory space and I've already deleted two to make space, but just revived like three more weapons after. 

I want to buy more inventory space, but I need to know if there is a limit to how much inventory space you can have. Is it infinite or is there an upper limit?

Besides that I'm weary of even buying space for each new weapon I get since I've found out twice that the weapon either doesn't fit my playstyle, or just isn't better than what I have. I bought a Latron to replace my MK-1 Braton only to learn that their definition of semi-automatic isn't the same as mine. I saw a lot of praise for it on these forums and wiki. It feels like a sniper rifle which really doesn't work with my play style on Rhino. I'm only leveling it for mastery, but I'm going to have to get rid of it for a rifle that feels good to me.

Even after reading up on wiki I could only decide if I liked the weapons after using them myself. Lack of inv space prevents me from trying them all out. Having been disappointed a few times I'm not looking to buy more space with platinum. So has anyone else been in this position?

11 answers to this question

If you tell me a bit about what you want from your weapons, maybe I can suggest a few

I'm not sure how to describe what I want, but I can say what I've used and liked. Here's my current inv:

Warframes:

Rhino(30) no potato - equipped

Loki(30) no potato

Sentinel:

Wyrm(20) no potato - equipped

Laser Rifle (26) no potato - equipped

Primary:

MK-1Braton (30) no potato

Latron (12) no potato - equipped

Secondary:

Lato Vandal (30) - equipped

Melee:

Dark Sword (18) no potato - equipped

Fragor (15) no potato - Brokk Hammer skin 

Cronus (28)  no potato

Dual Zoren (30)  no potato

Jaw Sword (10) no potato

Pangolin Sword (unranked) no potato

Foundry:

Dagger Axe skin - not forged

Dark Dagger - forged

Ceramic Dagger - not forged

I basically like what I have equipped. I'm rank 3 so I can't get a Hek yet. I'm more or less wondering what to do with all of these melee weapons. I like the Dark Sword, so should I just delete the rest and stick with it, or do the other have something worth keeping them for? 

Since my secondary weapon is basically a hand cannon I'd like a primary with rapid fire if I use a rifle to take out large mobs as opposed to singular targets. I guess that's the best I can explain myself for now.

Edited by ManTouch

Dark Sword is really good if you like run 'n charge melee combat, and Fragor + Zorens should be worth keeping. 

Rest of the melees you got are mostly collectibles .

If you like Lato Vandal, you should stick to it. If you want to try something new, Bronco is (imo) very fun and has its use.

I've also found that Boltor is something that many Braton users would like. I don't like it too much myself, but neither do I like Braton.

Keep in mind that Boltor has a slower projectile speed as they are bolts, which also pins anything you kill to the walls (cool bonus).

It wasn't until I equipped a mid-rank Speed Trigger on my Boltor that I saw a general use for it.

You could also try the normal Braton. Less ammo (45), and better dps but perhaps not as good at longer ranges.

I haven't used this a whole lot so I could be wrong.

If you ever wondered what Gorgon is like, the wind-up time allows it to be a semi-auto weapon at decent ranges. Full auto takes down

heavy targets and groups pretty quick, but the reload time is a bit high (naturally). I still didn't like it too much, but it's good.

Hek is of course powerful in any way, at any range against any target. And that gets boring quick (imo). It shines against heavy targets

such as Ancients and Grineer commanders.

-

If you're wondering about my personal choice of weapons, I generally like anything fast that feels good to me

I'm using a supercharged Grakata (which didn't seem very good until heavily modded) with my belovedTwin Vipers and Ankyros.

It lets me get close and stay close. A SMG (Grakata) and similar pistols, together with a pair of gauntlets. Bursts allows me to hit longer ranges.

I have nearly all melee weapons and I like to switch between them a lot (melee is my preferred type of combat) and I see good use

in almost any of them. Besides Ceramic Dagger, I hate that weapon.

If you're low on Catalysts and Reactors, be sure that you really enjoy your item before supercharging it.

If you have enough, it can be fun experimenting with the extra points as it allows for more personalization.

Melee:

Dark Sword (18) no potato - equipped

Fragor (15) no potato - Brokk Hammer skin 

Cronus (28)  no potato

Dual Zoren (30)  no potato

Jaw Sword (10) no potato

Pangolin Sword (unranked) no potato

Sell off the Pangolin, Jaw Sword and Chronus. The first 2 are basically 'look this sword looks cool but doesnt do anything special/win in any niche'. Chronus is just very basic and imo boring once you have access to niche weapons.

Use Dark Sword for single-target charge, Zoren for Infested Auto Attack, Fragor for multi-target Grineer (etc mobile defense).

Consider a Gorgon or Hek for a primary and Dual Viper/Akbolto for a change in pace for sidearm (only with Hek, with Gorgon stick with Lato or try out a Lex).

If you want a new melee weapon, consider DHS/Gram for best multi-target Charge damage, Furax for best single target charge dps, and Dual Ether for best faction generic AA.

Edited by Darzk

Darzk, on 23 Apr 2013 - 2:59 PM, said:

If you want a new melee weapon, consider DHS/Gram for best multi-target Charge damage, Furax for best single target charge dps, and Dual Ether for best faction generic AA.

^ May also try Fang if you want to feel like a mixer :D Edited by Niennah

Yeah Fang does a little more DPS than DE on Grineer, but they dont knockback, I'm fairly certain they can't crit, and the stun mod wont work on them, mores the pity.

Its amusing as heck to see Grineer shredded in the whirlwind of insanity you become tho.