Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mission Dispersion Concept

Shadowcrusnik

One of warframe's largest issues, as many of us know and/or deny, is repetitiveness. We all know DE works hard to make this game as good as can be, but with such a huge problem at hand, and having been there so long, its time for at least something to change.

I propose a new way to disperse missions.

Each planet has its own "power range", basically, a forced level recommendation that a warframe setup must meet before being allowed to go there. Each planet also has one of every mission for every tileset of the faction that owns that planet, for example, One of each missions of Corpus Cloud City and Corpus Icey base for each mission type at jupiter.

This way, each planet has its own, unique set of missions. Want End-Game Grineer Fights? Go to Sedna, want to specifically play Endless Defense with Corpus Galleon at level 12? Saturn is for you!

This simple change, although it does not directly solve the tileset and enemy repetition in maps, does give each node some significance, as there would be only one level 12 Sabotage Node on the Infested Galleon.

I'll have to agree with Cobalt313 here. I'm not sure I see how this solves repetitiveness other than adding a level lock on planets and jumbling around the missions.

I'm all for avoiding repetitive gameplay. If anything I think more unpredictability would do the trick, or at least dent the issue.

Things like various events that may or may not occur during regular missions. When I was doing the archwing quest and the Grineer suddenly started attacking the Corpus ship I was in, that was exciting to me, because I hadn't seen it coming. 

I'll have to agree with Cobalt313 here. I'm not sure I see how this solves repetitiveness other than adding a level lock on planets and jumbling around the missions.

I'm all for avoiding repetitive gameplay. If anything I think more unpredictability would do the trick, or at least dent the issue.

Things like various events that may or may not occur during regular missions. When I was doing the archwing quest and the Grineer suddenly started attacking the Corpus ship I was in, that was exciting to me, because I hadn't seen it coming. 

Idea: if Invasions are set to occur on a schedule or other predictable algorithm, what if missions taken at locations set to become Invasion sites changed to have the "Under attack Archwing extraction" ending after a certain amount of time and/or after you completed the main objective?

Idea: if Invasions are set to occur on a schedule or other predictable algorithm, what if missions taken at locations set to become Invasion sites changed to have the "Under attack Archwing extraction" ending after a certain amount of time and/or after you completed the main objective?

That could be interesting I reckon :)

The point was to make each node entirely unique.

As said at the end, there would only be one [insert Mission Type] of Level [insert Enemy Level Number] on the [insert Tileset Name] Tileset.

Which, although, as ALSO said, does not solve the issue entirely, but would assist in making things less repetitive (as currently each node is half-pointless, why would there be 4 or 5 different exterminate modes on a single world, all of the same level range?)

yup, its been the main problem and main critic of warframe since I started 1 year ago, when i searched for this game it was exactly that ppl and critics would say.

they recently added special containers in void sabotage, that came from the last event, it was a good start to add more content to those non-endless missions, but they only have put those containers on a few missions (maybe only void sabotage), i guess much much more can be made, and to all the non-endless missions.