Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Petition] For At Least One New Config Mod Slot.

Mak_Gohae

DE has just added two new game types, Tac Alerts and Arcwing, that require specific warframe mod builds to enter. Well, you are not required for Arcwing but only 4 mod types work so why wouldn't you build for that?

These new mission types means that we lost one config slot and our customization options have dropped. I already used all the slots given because i like to play around will all the mods, that's the point of the slot system. You have a hundred and something cards..... have fun with them. 

And before some one says, "You can switch the card around whene-" No, no, no. The UI does not promote that since it requires a ridiculous amount of button presses. For some unknown reason DE drops hundreds of cards but builds a system that basically tells you to not mess around too much with them.

If DE doesnt want us to have more config slots then i suggest for you to give us the option to remember builds within the config menu. Which is.... basically building the same systems on top of each other but whatever. When we hit config A,B, or C we can scroll through mod builds we already created so we can pick from our Arcwing, one for farming, ability spam, etc, etc, then we click on the one we want and bam! we are there. And there is no need to change mods one by one while trying to remember what you had on.

DE has just added two new game types, Tac Alerts and Arcwing, that require specific warframe mod builds to enter. Well, you are not required for Arcwing but only 4 mod types work so why wouldn't you build for that?

These new mission types means that we lost one config slot and our customization options have dropped. I already used all the slots given because i like to play around will all the mods, that's the point of the slot system. You have a hundred and something cards..... have fun with them. 

And before some one says, "You can switch the card around whene-" No, no, no. The UI does not promote that since it requires a ridiculous amount of button presses. For some unknown reason DE drops hundreds of cards but builds a system that basically tells you to not mess around too much with them.

If DE doesnt want us to have more config slots then i suggest for you to give us the option to remember builds within the config menu. Which is.... basically building the same systems on top of each other but whatever. When we hit config A,B, or C we can scroll through mod builds we already created so we can pick from our Arcwing, one for farming, ability spam, etc, etc, then we click on the one we want and bam! we are there. And there is no need to change mods one by one while trying to remember what you had on.

Isn't this what loadout slots do, or am I missing something? If you are asking for more loadout slots, I support that wholeheartedly. one for every two levels of mastery is not enough.

Nevermind I misunderstood what you are saying. I still want more loadout slots though ;)

Edited by xRufus7x

Prob has to do with how much info an account can store?

How do accounts work?

Info is stored on a server somewhere, but things like that should take up so little data as to be negligible. There doesn't seem to be an upper limit to how many inventory slots someone can have, at least. If it really is a problem, they could just cap it at 20 or something. 

I wouldn't even mind them bumping it up to 5 for another round number.

But yeah, I think the reason it might seem to them like we only need 3 is because of the tab layout. (From the UI perspective, of course.) Imagine it being originally designed as a list: three would seem like nothing, and they would have probably allowed more. Not sure which one I would prefer, just saying three isn't very much considering how simple it would be to have more.

Edited by adiamorph

Info is stored on a server somewhere, but things like that should take up so little data as to be negligible. There doesn't seem to be an upper limit to how many inventory slots someone can have, at least. If it really is a problem, they could just cap it at 20 or something. 

Slots is just a number, the same number just getting overwritten every time a new slot is bought... im guessing.

Configs include all the extra info from the mods. Im guessing DE wants quick load at login so they have it at that amount. If the game went unlimited and people went nuts the load times at login may slow? Or even when coming out of missions. There was a bug a while back that if you switched equipment before doing a Void mission when you came back out after finishing it your equipment would go back to what it was before the switch. Meaning that the game didnt have time to remember the switch because it didnt load the info? Anyway, yeah, add a least a few more.