Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

@dev Do You Plan To Change Slash Dash?

MotherofHermes

As the topic suggests I am begging to wonder if DE is taking any posts regarding the Excalibur changes into account as they have not made any statements on the topic after said changes. I realize that radial blind needed nerfed, but if anyone in the community is asked about whether nor not SOME form of change needs to happen to Slash Dash the answer is always "Yes, something, anything." especially because now slash dash pointless when compared to every other move in the kit that serves it's purpose. 

get out of a bad spot: any other ability

mobility: 3 or some parkour combo (especially because duration is the slashdash travel stat...)

damage: 2 or 4 or your MK1 braton with some mods on it. 

c.c.: any other move. 

the reason for the @dev marker on the topic post is because I'm wondering if DE thinks that Slash Dash is "good as is," and my/others posts are irrelevant. If our voices haven't been heard and we need to post more. If they plan to make changes but have their hands full with U15 bug fixes (which from what I hear they kinda are). 

In short I would prefer some sort of response so that I (and other members of the community) can stop chanting "CHANGE SLASH DASH" while foaming at the mouth, and move onto something more productive, like farming perrinsequence rep conjecturing on lore elements. 

I use Slash Dash lots of times for mobility, but it's definitely one of the less useful abilities in the game if you don't build for Duration. It could definitely use some love.

What I would like to see (one or more of the following):

- Increased animation speed.

- Invulnerability during the animation, to serve as a getaway skill.

- The ability to steer left and right while dashing.

- Add to (and gain from) the melee combo counter.

I'm seeing lots of simple "omg just add more damage or give it 100% bleed" suggestions to it all the time, but really, that adds very little to the ability other than delaying the "obsolete threshold" for a couple levels longer (or making the ability overpowered if it one-shots everything regardless of level). Utility can stay balanced at all levels.

Edited by SortaRandom

As no. 1 ability slash dash is ok. It does some damage on low levels and is a great mobility tool.

Yes, but Rhino Charge and Tailwind do so much more for just as much energy. 

Just being 'okay' shouldn't be acceptable, especially when this is your game's friggin poster boy. 

The question is what would we like to see. More damage is not really helpful, because as with Radial Blind it will loose efficiency. The question is if a couple of levels later or sooner. We can use it as a transport to move from A to B. Maybe a speed increase?

More mobility just won't help SD, as with the other clones it's meant to be both a combination of movement and something else, damage/offensive in this case.

Now we cannot just add MOAR damage (although a slight base increase would be nice) so there has to be a way to find a scaling component that helps with dealing it.

As stated before. If i want mobility I hit 3, copter/airmelee, or anything else! If i am in a tight spot and need to move 3 now stuns the enemies and makes me Invisible. the start and end animation of slash dash is so long as to leave a wonderful window where i am still getting riddled with bullets and bombard missiles. slashdash has no point. Doing damage at low levels? that doesn't work anymore because the ability has to level up with the frame now. by the time a new player starts doing the highest level of damage with slash dash he is already almost 30 and past where it is useful. This ability is so overshadowed by Excal's other moves. 

What the point of this thread is wondering if DE will ever tell the community what they actually think about excal's lame first move.