Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Help A New Player With Plat

CorruptArbiter

Question

I recently started playing warframe a couple weeks ago and fell in love with the game. So right now i'm thinking of getting some plat, but i'm not sure what is the best way to spend it.

I did some research on the various frames and weapons and here is what I am thinking of getting with 370plat:

3 warframe slots (60p)

5 weapon slot upgrades(60p)

loki(75p)

nyx prime(willing to pay 75p at most, so will wait for prices to come down)

latron prime(10-15plat ish)

After all of that, I'll be left with about 90 plat(used starting plat for slots), and I was wondering what I should get with that.

I was thinking of getting some potatoes or forma, or maybe a color picker extension since the default one is lacking. 

Being a casual player, I don't have as much time to farm for stuff, hence the reason why I want to buy frames and weapons. This will probably be a one-time purchase, so I won't be buying any more plat after this.

Do you guys have any advice or suggestions regarding this?

11 answers to this question

Do not buy frames, farm them instead

Yep, this.^

So, the best thing you should be buying with the plat for now are slots. But, only buy the slots that you need, and keep the extra plat in reserve. Once you have the courage and knowledge for it, try hitting trade chat to sell or buy and resell items in Trade chat to make profits. 

Until you get to a good point where you have a lot of plat to spend, like ~600 after trading, or you KNOW that you can make up the plat you used up for yourself, then you can start focusing on buying Prime gear and good mods from the trade chat. Afterwards, if you feel like you got the hang of trading, you can start buying some nice cosmetics.

Take my word for it. What I've said has been all of my experience with platinum and trading. I have also bought plat before, and spent it on slots, and afterwards used it to buy and resell and get up to 1k plat at one point.

your plan sounds good, you can get the catalysts and reactors (what peasants call potatoes...) buy them if you already have enough enough mods and you need the extra points, if you have plenty of points in your frames/weapons then wait for the alerts to get the for free, color pickers are a great choice too in my personal experience customizing the frames is half the fan, so besides color picker you could also buy a cool syandana and/or armor set, instead of loki aim for loki prime, you might even get him for the same 75 you would pay for the regular one (minus the catalyst off course) although regular loki comes with a frame slot too... it's a tough choice there, personally i would go for the prime one though.

Never ever, ever, EVER...

ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever...spend plat on what is easily farmable.  However, if you have spare plat near the end of an Update, consider getting some prime parts.

I don't know if Nyx Prime is ever going to be on 75p because Loki Prime is on the market for few months now and cheapest i saw was 100p. And Rhino Prime is on the market for a loooooooooooooooong time, and i saw people selling it for 80p. My suggestion, do not type in trade chat

WTB etc. etc. See if anyone is selling instead because sellers tend to use WTBers. Get it? Also, bargain. I once lowered item's price from 30p to 15p a 50% discount. So there you go. Buying Loki? Not a smart idea. Rather farm it, its really easy. Then just buy a potato for 20p. 

- I'm an casual gamer too, and i still have 12 frames, each of them was farmed. It goes slowly, but you feel somewhat proud of what you got, instead     of just buying it with platinum. Never rush your stuff, it makes game boring and you have nothing to after that. About Latron Prime, try to bargain,        some people sell it for 8p. Remember never tell you have much platinum, people use that too!