Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dread Vs Opticor; Pure Damage

jjpdn

Question

With 5 times the damage.... can the new player in town, Opticor, defeat the all time winner of the highest damage per shot category...

THE DREAD???

What's your opinion?

(ignore the fact that the Dread has punch through and the opticor doesn't)

25 answers to this question

opticor is pretty much the new paris prime and the paris prime is about 10x better then dread

so um.....i would say opticor for the win. it can dish out a lot of damage as well and i'm forming the hell outta it, mine doesn't have many fully ranked mods but it can dish out a lot of damage

I have a feeling you think DPS is damage per shot...

No I'm not. DPS is damage per second.

opticor is pretty much the new paris prime and the paris prime is about 10x better then dread

so um.....i would say opticor for the win. it can dish out a lot of damage as well and i'm forming the hell outta it, mine doesn't have many fully ranked mods but it can dish out a lot of damage

How is paris prime ten times better, when it's defeated in most categories?

Edited by jjpdn

Opticor's damage per second is so bad...

You either go full damage and wait an eternity and then some waiting for it to load (like, what the hell, it has over 3s charge time?) and then watch some mediocre damage popup or make it somewhat acceptable by wasting slots on THREE mods, one of which reduces your damage.

Opticor can't outdamage Dread, because on top of Serration/(hcal for insane people)/Split chamber, there's 5.6/11.2x crit multiplier and x3 headshot multiplier for sniper type weapons (IIRC) compared to usual x2.

Edited by Mofixil

umm dread is better

they have the same amount of dmg but iirc dread has more crit= more red crit= more dps

and atm with the event slash mod it does alot more dmg than paris prime

Dread beats Opticor for damage per shot if the dread redcrits and is a head shot.

Opticor beats Dread For damage per second if you mod Opticor for fire speed.

I can empty Opticors 5 round mag faster then Dread can fire off 5 arrows. BTW that's full charge not half charge.

Edited by Nurmetya

With every shot on the dread being a crit and half of them red crits I don't see how you can to that conclusion....

How is paris prime ten times better, when it's defeated in most categories?

from what i heard and looking at its stats it seems to be better. but the opticor is probably better than paris and dread anyways as it can dish out a lot of damage, and two times damage for a full charge. i almost have it fully modded and fully ranked mods and it does about 1k damage currently, though the charge time is still a bot of a issue but its pretty good weapon for end game ish situations once it gets upgraded to the max

Dread beats Opticor for damage per shot if the dread redcrits and is a head shot.

Opticor beats Dread For damage per second if you mod Opticor for fire speed.

I can empty Opticor's 5 round mag faster then Dread can fire off 5 arrows.

it's not really fair if your comparing opticor with vile acceleration, speed trigger, and shred to a dread with speed trigger only

Opticor's damage per second is so bad...

You either go full damage and wait an eternity and then some waiting for it to load (like, what the hell, it has over 3s charge time?) and then watch some mediocre damage popup or make it somewhat acceptable by wasting slots on THREE mods, one of which reduces your damage.

Opticor can't outdamage Dread, because on top of Serration/(hcal for insane people)/Split chamber, there's 5.6/11.2x crit multiplier and x3 headshot multiplier for sniper type weapons (IIRC) compared to usual x2.

hammer shot on dread is bad

and vile acceleration+ shred solves the charge time and gives more dps

from what i heard and looking at its stats it seems to be better. but the opticor is probably better than paris and dread anyways as it can dish out a lot of damage, and two times damage for a full charge. i almost have it fully modded and fully ranked mods and it does about 1k damage currently, though the charge time is still a bot of a issue but its pretty good weapon for end game ish situations once it gets upgraded to the max

Its actually 2 times the damage at half charge, 4 times the damage at full charge.

Well, Opticor does not have a ridiculous punch through value on charged shots. I guess it's fifty-fifty then.

i like this ^

i really dont want to argue so ima say i love em both for what its worth, i just like opticor a bit more cause its shiny . . .

shiny.....so....very......shiny....

Its actually 2 times the damage at half charge, 4 times the damage at full charge.

really? i thought the notes said it was norm for a half and two for a full?

thats good to know then, i need to try that vile accel and shred combo though however it would probs hinder my max damage >.>

edit: now that i think about it, full charge is around a 2k damage, and my base damage is already about 1k so i think that it is 2x

Edited by ropefish98

it's not really fair if your comparing opticor with vile acceleration, speed trigger, and shred to a dread with speed trigger only

hammer shot on dread is bad

and vile acceleration+ shred solves the charge time and gives more dps

I have vile acceleration and shred on Opticor and just vile acceleration on dread charge time is about equal considering Dread's base speed stat.

As for the 2x half charge and 4x full yes its true. You just don't notice it since not many actually use full charge shots often unless its on a heavy unit. Faster to use half charge on various mobs and full charge groups, hallways or heavies.

Edited by Nurmetya

LETS DO MATH

POINT STRIKE + VITAL SENSE

Opticor:

1000 damage per charged shot

32.5% crit chance

440% crit damage

Dread: 

200 damage per charged shot

125% crit chance

440% crit damage

After 1000 shots...

Opticor: 675 000 (non-crits) +  1 430 000 (crits) = 2 105 000 damage

Dread: 660 000 (yellow crits) + 440 000 (red crits) = 1 100 000 damage

So.. if everything else is the same... then Opticor beats Dread in pure damage. But... there is other stats...

Edited by jjpdn

i have all 3 fire rate mods installed ... it runs fine and i only sacrifice 15% damage .. a great deal if you ask me

also the bows do only full damage if charged ... so the opticor wins because

1.Modded its charge time is a joke (positive kind of joke)

2.Most ammo efficient gun (be aware of incoming launcher ammo nerf)

3.You can even "try" a small krit build if you want

4.Still very accurate with heavy caliber! thanks to 100 accurancy

5.Just put your usual other damage mods (split chamber etc..) on it and it will blow your mind

6.You can kill multiple enemies and with punch through mods you can kill them in a straight line

Edited by Severuslanskerr

okay stats for opticor and dread, all info was taken from the wiki and i would say both are about equal in most points. these are base stats though without mods.

LETS DO MATH

POINT STRIKE + VITAL SENSE

Opticor:

1000 damage per charged shot

32.5% crit chance

440% crit damage

Dread: 

200 damage per charged shot

125% crit chance

440% crit damage

After 1000 shots...

Opticor: 675 000 (non-crits) +  1 430 000 (crits) = 2 105 000 damage

Dread: 660 000 (yellow crits) + 440 000 (red crits) = 1 100 000 damage

So.. if everything else is the same... then Opticor beats Dread in pure damage. But... there is other stats...

^ this is a good point 

-Opticor-

Noise Level 0.0m (Silent)

Firing Rate 0.3 rounds/sec

Accuracy 100

Magazine Size 5 rounds/mag

Max Ammo 540 rounds

Reload Time 2.0s

Normal attacks

Physical Damage 500.0

Impact 50.0

Puncture 425.0

Slash wSlash 25.0

Crit Chance 15.0%

Crit Damage 200%

Status Chance 15.0%

Charge Attacks

Physical Damage 1000.0

Impact 100.0

Puncture 850.0

Slash  50.0

-Dread-

Projectile Speed 70.0m/s (85.0m/s Charged)

Noise Level 0.0m (Silent)

Firing Rate 0.5 rounds/sec

Accuracy 16.7 (100.0 Aimed)

Magazine Size 0 rounds/mag

Max Ammo 72.0 rounds

Reload Time 0.8s

Normal Attacks

Physical Damage 100.0

Impact 5.0

Puncture 5.0

Slash  90.0

Crit Chance 50.0%

Crit Damage 200.0%

Status Chance 20.0%

Charge Attacks

Physical Damage 200.0

Impact 10.0

Puncture 10.0

Slash 180.0

Charge Time 1.0 sec/charge

Crit Chance 50.0%

Crit Damage 200.0%

Status Chance 20.0%

Punch Through 1.0m

Edited by ropefish98

Let's now throw another curve ball in.

Base Opticor & Dread:

After 100 shots...

Opticor: 30000 (crits) + 85000 (non crits) = 115 000 damage

Dread: 20 000 (crits) + 10 000 (non crits) = 30 000 damage.

With Point Strike and Vital Sense, Dread deals 1/2 of Opticor's damage. But, without any mods, it deals only around 1/4th of Opticor's damage.

This means that the Dread and Opticor uses completely different mod configurations, which means to find the max damage each can deal... they have to use different mods.

Ergo, it is unfair to use mods that will only help one of them.

Edited by jjpdn

Let's now throw another curve ball in.

Base Opticor & Dread:

After 100 shots...

Opticor: 30000 (crits) + 85000 (non crits) = 115 000 damage

Dread: 20 000 (crits) + 10 000 (non crits) = 30 000 damage.

With Point Strike and Vital Sense, Dread deals 1/2 of Opticor's damage. But, without any mods, it deals only around 1/4th of Opticor's damage.

This means that the Dread and Opticor uses completely different mod configurations, which means to find the max damage each can deal... they have to use different mods.

Ergo, it is unfair to use mods that will only help one of them.

so there in a sense equal

so there in a sense equal

In a sense.

But, what I mean is that to figure out which one truly deals the most damage per shot, we'll have to maximize damage on each with completely different mods.

(which I have no clue which ones as the charge time on Opticor is unknown to me)

Edited by jjpdn