Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Archwing Screen Shake Still A Major Problem.

Teljaxx

Supposedly the screen shake amount while boosting was reduced recently, but it was apparently such a small amount that it as made no noticeable difference to me. I also think that just reducing it is not going to solve the problems people have with it.

Because when you are boosting, everything on screen is moving, you have no stationary point to focus on. This means that you either focus on one point, and your eyes rapidly try to follow it as it moves around. Or your eyes are constantly moving around the screen, trying to find something to focus on. Either way, this can cause eyestrain and motion sickness quite quickly.

One thing that might help is to keep the crosshairs and HUD on screen while boosting, and have it stay stationary. That way you have something that is not flying all over the place to focus on. But the amount the screen shakes should also still be reduced.

Another way to fix this is to remove the screen shaking entirely, and just increase the FOV a bit to give a sense of extra speed. And in addition to this, you could also make the warframe shake around, instead of the entire screen shaking. They are the one that is attached to the boosters, and not our view, after all. And either way, the screen shake while you are not boosting should be removed as well.

Also, because some people like the way the screen shakes, instead of just removing it altogether there should be an option to turn it on or off.

Pleas, DE, change this. I really want to enjoy playing Archwing missions, but since they give me a headache, it makes it really hard to.

Question: Why does the screen shake? Why does my screen mimic air resistance in space?

I think it is supposed to be shaking because of the power of the thrusters, not wind resistance. But it seems like it shakes way too much for that.

And besides, good and comfortable game play should come before realism.

I think it is supposed to be shaking because of the power of the thrusters, not wind resistance. But it seems like it shakes way too much for that.

^game play before realism please.

i actually get quite a headache during the screen shake...which makes me want to play archwings a lot less.....since all anyone ever does in the intercept missions are thrust around at full speed x_x

I really hope DE sees this, and does something. I want to play more Archwing missions, and I really want to get Limbo, but I am avoiding doing so until it does not give me a headache.

And I know I am not the only one that is not satisfied with the last minor screen shaking reduction.

Unless your thrusters are not correctly alligned with each other, they fluctuate in power or have engines designed to vibrate (like most internal cumbustion engines) it wouldnt shake reguardless of the power added.

Actually realism can add comfortable and good gameplay becuse everyone already has a perception of how things work even if the enviroment is wrong.  This is often why games can get around some aspects because it can feel right (like constant acceleration equaling constant speed in space feeling "normal").

At the end of the day, toning down the vibration could work, but maybe it is better to just have an option to turn it off for those that dont care for it.

Edited by Loswaith

Unless your thrusters are not correctly alligned with each other, they fluctuate in power or have engines designed to vibrate (like most internal cumbustion engines) it wouldnt shake reguardless of the power added.

Actually realism can add comfortable and good gameplay becuse everyone already has a perception of how things work even if the enviroment is wrong.  This is often why games can get around some aspects because it can feel right (like constant acceleration equaling constant speed in space feeling "normal").

At the end of the day, toning down the vibration could work, but maybe it is better to just have an option to turn it off for those that dont care for it.

I was not saying that having your thrusters shaking your warframe all over the place made realistic sense. I was just suggesting what DE's explanation for it may be. And I agree that they should not be the reason for the screen shaking in the vacuum of space.

Comfortable gameplay should always come before realism. But if realism makes for comfortable gameplay, then go for it. But your example shows that the unrealistic model is more comfortable, and therefore better, thus proving my point.

And even though I have made several suggestions for changing the "speed effect" when using the Archwings, at this point I would much prefer to just remove it altogether than the way it is now. So an option to turn it off would be great.