Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Limbo's Cataclysm Improvement?

Damurah

Hey people,

I'm sure a lot of people have been hating on limbo ever since it's release. It can be a major troll in the wrong hands but it can prove to be an awesome ally. That's why I really enjoy playing Limbo. People should stop seeing limbo as another trigger happy frame, he's a strategist. I do have a problem with cataclysm though and how it's annoying people by not letting them grab the loots and pick ups. I try helping people out by limiting the duration to a minimum but that takes away the fun in it.

What I propose is that limbo's cataclysm can be toggled. You still get the duration you want if you're building a duration build but you can collapse it prematurely. But to prevent players from spamming cataclysm and give everyone else a headache, give it a permanent 3s cooldown when you collapse it prematurely, but no cooldown when it goes through the whole length of the duration. Cataclysm should retain it's damage on collapse.

How about that people? does that sound balanced and fair? I think its a good idea.

And maybe add a debuff to enemies who enter cataclysm maybe like slowing them for 10% or lowering their attacks. Cataclysm lowers your visibility so its fair to give them a debuff no?

I think a simpler change would just be able to pick things up in the rift. If cataclysm puts everything in the rift, then why is the stuff on the floor, visibly in the rift, in another dimension?

That is true i was thinking about that too. i guess that would be a good idea. i suppose only limbo wouldnt be able to pick it up if he's going rift walk on his own cause i do like the idea of not being able to disturb things in the other dimension. expense of being invulnerable? and it would make sense to be able to carry data mass and other objects and retain them only if riftwalk was not activated prior to carrying them. if it was dropped mid rift walk then limbo has to deactivate rift walk to carry them again. it is a bit of a hassle but im trying to maintain the logic of using his powers

Edited by Damurah

if I see a limbo in my DS I extract at wave 5

nothing will change that, regardless if the changes

if as limbo wants to be a $&*^, he can be, nothing you can do to prevent it

as shaflip already said, 60 sec in which players can do literally nothing

real trolls cast cataclysm again and again and again so you can easily be stuck for 10+ minutes trying to pick up a datamass

if I see a limbo in my DS I extract at wave 5

nothing will change that, regardless if the changes

if as limbo wants to be a $&*^, he can be, nothing you can do to prevent it

as shaflip already said, 60 sec in which players can do literally nothing

real trolls cast cataclysm again and again and again so you can easily be stuck for 10+ minutes trying to pick up a datamass

which is why if they implemented the fix, limbo would do no harm to anyone... well unless he casts no.1 on a person after he drops the datamass. well its hard to remove that troll potential. cant satisfy everyone. but then again that is the only reason why i hope cataclysm is fixed. a wide area troll skill is annoying. casting no.1 on someone whilst holding the datamass shouldn't do any harm though. which is why, again, i hope they fix cataclysm. 

Edited by Damurah

What a lot of people seem to miss is that powers work on either side of the rift, everything from shield polarize to shooting though volt shield. I can be quite effective in my volt when I've been banished, often requesting it, because the energy boost is great, and I'm nearly invincible.

EDIT: I'm not saying that cataclysm doesn't need to be changed, just that if you have been banished, it doesn't make you useless until it's over.

Edited by AmaziaTheAmazing

What a lot of people seem to miss is that powers work on either side of the rift, everything from shield polarize to shooting though volt shield. I can be quite effective in my volt when I've been banished, often requesting it, because the energy boost is great, and I'm nearly invincible.

exactly, most weapons may be useless when banished but powers are completely usable. i cast banish on my friend's rhino and coupled with energy siphon he was spamming his abilities like no tomorrow. and you are invulnerable!! who doesn't like invulnerable?

exactly, most weapons may be useless when banished but powers are completely usable. i cast banish on my friend's rhino and coupled with energy siphon he was spamming his abilities like no tomorrow. and you are invulnerable!! who doesn't like invulnerable?

Uhm... People who are not into press 4 to win...