The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Viver - Eris, Your New Farming Ground

Sixty5

Question

With the new Syndicate system at was released with U15, I have been trying out a number of new power farming locations in order to maximise my rep gain.

After a large amount of testing, I have found Viver on Eris to be the best node in which to farm reputation points, and really exp in general on.

To start, Viver is an interception mission, meaning that unlike defense its spawns are not capped, and unlike survival it takes place on a standard tile.

Secondly, Viver is a corpus mission. Corpus are currently by far the best faction to face on farming runs. Why? Recent changes to infested (Ie, all their poison damage and damage reduction) make them a lot more annoying to fight than they used to be. Grineer are still Grineer with hitscan weapons and heavy armour

But the Corpus? All they have is their shields and a bit of stun.

Third is the map. Cerberus is favoured by many for the reasons I have already outlined, plus being a higher level mission. However Cerberus will always be in the dam map, a huge area, one where both you and spawns are spread out.

Viver on the other hand takes place on the smallest defense map, the one that made the old Xini great.

It is therefore extremely easy to cap points, get loot and save teammates.

The final reason is killspeed. Affinity and therefore rep require kills. The more kills you get, the more affinity.

By taking a mag focused on shield polarise, you can attain a kill rate that is almost unmatched elsewhere.

So how good is it?

When I run Viver with 4 teammates, I will gain about 450 reputation per wave (with an affinity booster)

If you focus your gameplay a bit more and exploit spawns, you should be able to hit 500.

So what are you waiting for? Grab your gear and go farm Viver, as long as you take a Mag along it is by far the most effective way to farm Rep points.

Id-10-T guide to farming Viver

1. Form party of 4, with >1 Shield Polarise mag

2. Capture points and shoot things while mag presses 2 and deletes pretty much everything

3. Leave after >4 waves with stacks of Affinity, reputation andva T4 key.

4. Repeat and profit

just started farming this way and... wow, just wow, amazing *_*

2 Mag w/ max Intensify, Blind Rage, Transitient Fort, Stretch, Overextended, Stream Line, Fleeting Expertise and Arcane Coil Helmet

1 Trinity w/ same stuff more or less for massive energy recovery allowing Mags to spam 24/7 their crush/shield polarize

1 random guy (can be a speed Nova or a roar Rhino)

the awesomeness...

Shhh keep quiet or stealth nerf will be coming

anyway Speed buff Nova + Mag Shield Polarise + any frame fine too

got 1500 - 1600 in 4 waves

There is no exploit being used, so I wouldn't see why any changes would be needed.

Old Kappa and old Xini never got picked on for nerfs, so why would this?

I still prefer ODD because of its simplicity. Just super jump to a ledge and one-shot everything up to wave 60...

Of course, the Eximuses will be swarming everywhere by then... x.x

Spawns are limited in defence, you have to go longer for the same number of kills.

Plus nothing annihilates infested like Mag annihilates Corpus

After many trials, I agree with the OP in all but one point: one mag with overextended and max power strenght is enough for Viver.

Add one slow nova and/ or a loki to nuke spawns fast (I suggest amprex to obliterate everything to hell).

Rinse and repeat to boredom.

Still, I think that such a slow reputation's gain is unfair atm.

After many trials, I agree with the OP in all but one point: one mag with overextended and max power strenght is enough for Viver.

Add one slow nova and/ or a loki to nuke spawns fast (I suggest amprex to obliterate everything to hell).

Rinse and repeat to boredom.

Still, I think that such a slow reputation's gain is unfair atm.

Rep gain is fine. It's not something you farm in a day or two.

Rep gain is fine. It's not something you farm in a day or two.

I beg to differ: if you are using an xp booster to gain more reputation, maybe the pace is accetable.

But forcing player to grind viver (or cerberus, or ODD, or Sechura) for 20 times just to achieve enough reputation to sacrifice a forma... well, I think it's too much.

Edited by Zuijin

There is no exploit being used, so I wouldn't see why any changes would be needed.

Cue the whining "Mag stole mah kills" threads in 3 . . 2 . .

I completely concur with this. I've been grinding rep on Viver, even with Sixty5, and it's great. This is the team I feel is best for the mission:

- Shield Polarize Mag

- Slow Nova

- Trinity/Healing Oberon

- Radial Disarm Loki/Another Polarize Mag

would excal with power strength be good?

Because DE doesnt want syndicates to be maxed super quick and this is the only way to make the current rep gain bearable despite it being to am extreme where you can in fact level super quick.

Xini and kappa are a completely different story because syndicates never existed then. Though didn't kappa get changed to not be a mobile defense anymore?

Edited by theharddrinkingapplejack

Because DE doesnt want syndicates to be maxed super quick and this is the only way to make the current rep gain bearable despite it being to am extreme where you can in fact level super quick.

Xini and kappa are a completely different story because syndicates never existed then. Though didn't kappa get changed to not be a mobile defense anymore?

it's still a md

would excal with power strength be good?

As long as you have at least one polarise mag on your team it doesn't really matter what else you run.

She will give you the kill rate you need.

I completely concur with this. I've been grinding rep on Viver, even with Sixty5, and it's great. This is the team I feel is best for the mission:

- Shield Polarize Mag

- Slow Nova

- Trinity/Healing Oberon

- Radial Disarm Loki/Another Polarize Mag

Viver is best map. Also glad you've been doing well. My net has been down since we last played.

I beg to differ: if you are using an xp booster to gain more reputation, maybe the pace is accetable.

But forcing player to grind viver (or cerberus, or ODD, or Sechura) for 20 times just to achieve enough reputation to sacrifice a forma... well, I think it's too much.

I don't think that rep is suppose to be grinded in the first place.