The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Viver - Eris, Your New Farming Ground

Sixty5

Question

With the new Syndicate system at was released with U15, I have been trying out a number of new power farming locations in order to maximise my rep gain.

After a large amount of testing, I have found Viver on Eris to be the best node in which to farm reputation points, and really exp in general on.

To start, Viver is an interception mission, meaning that unlike defense its spawns are not capped, and unlike survival it takes place on a standard tile.

Secondly, Viver is a corpus mission. Corpus are currently by far the best faction to face on farming runs. Why? Recent changes to infested (Ie, all their poison damage and damage reduction) make them a lot more annoying to fight than they used to be. Grineer are still Grineer with hitscan weapons and heavy armour

But the Corpus? All they have is their shields and a bit of stun.

Third is the map. Cerberus is favoured by many for the reasons I have already outlined, plus being a higher level mission. However Cerberus will always be in the dam map, a huge area, one where both you and spawns are spread out.

Viver on the other hand takes place on the smallest defense map, the one that made the old Xini great.

It is therefore extremely easy to cap points, get loot and save teammates.

The final reason is killspeed. Affinity and therefore rep require kills. The more kills you get, the more affinity.

By taking a mag focused on shield polarise, you can attain a kill rate that is almost unmatched elsewhere.

So how good is it?

When I run Viver with 4 teammates, I will gain about 450 reputation per wave (with an affinity booster)

If you focus your gameplay a bit more and exploit spawns, you should be able to hit 500.

So what are you waiting for? Grab your gear and go farm Viver, as long as you take a Mag along it is by far the most effective way to farm Rep points.

Id-10-T guide to farming Viver

1. Form party of 4, with >1 Shield Polarise mag

2. Capture points and shoot things while mag presses 2 and deletes pretty much everything

3. Leave after >4 waves with stacks of Affinity, reputation andva T4 key.

4. Repeat and profit

Because DE doesnt want syndicates to be maxed super quick and this is the only way to make the current rep gain bearable despite it being to am extreme where you can in fact level super quick.

Xini and kappa are a completely different story because syndicates never existed then. Though didn't kappa get changed to not be a mobile defense anymore?

Kappa is still a mobile defense.

Both nodes were great for exp farm, simply because they offered good spawn rates in a small area.

Kappa is still the same, though the addition of both survival and dark sector nodes.

Xini on the other hand was hit instead by infested buffs, and box nerfs.

As far as I can tell, DE don't nerf maps because they are good, they nerf them because of exploits or broken parts.

Viver is safe.

With the new Syndicate system at was released with U15, I have been trying out a number of new power farming locations in order to maximise my rep gain.

After a large amount of testing, I have found Viver on Eris to be the best node in which to farm reputation points, and really exp in general on.

To start, Viver is an interception mission, meaning that unlike defense its spawns are not capped, and unlike survival it takes place on a standard tile.

Secondly, Viver is a corpus mission. Corpus are currently by far the best faction to face on farming runs. Why? Recent changes to infested (Ie, all their poison damage and damage reduction) make them a lot more annoying to fight than they used to be. Grineer are still Grineer with hitscan weapons and heavy armour

But the Corpus? All they have is their shields and a bit of stun.

Third is the map. Cerberus is favoured by many for the reasons I have already outlined, plus being a higher level mission. However Cerberus will always be in the dam map, a huge area, one where both you and spawns are spread out.

Viver on the other hand takes place on the smallest defense map, the one that made the old Xini great.

It is therefore extremely easy to cap points, get loot and save teammates.

The final reason is killspeed. Affinity and therefore rep require kills. The more kills you get, the more affinity.

By taking a mag focused on shield polarise, you can attain a kill rate that is almost unmatched elsewhere.

So how good is it?

When I run Viver with 4 teammates, I will gain about 450 reputation per wave (with an affinity booster)

If you focus your gameplay a bit more and exploit spawns, you should be able to hit 500.

So what are you waiting for? Grab your gear and go farm Viver, as long as you take a Mag along it is by far the most effective way to farm Rep points.

Id-10-T guide to farming Viver

1. Form party of 4, with >1 Shield Polarise mag

2. Capture points and shoot things while mag presses 2 and deletes pretty much everything

3. Leave after >4 waves with stacks of Affinity, reputation andva T4 key.

4. Repeat and profit

Not sure if you know/knew, but I made a post almost exactly like this a week or so ago. If you copied me, please delete your OP and instead put in the link to my thread. If this was a coincidence, disregard this . lol

After many trials, I agree with the OP in all but one point: one mag with overextended and max power strenght is enough for Viver.

Add one slow nova and/ or a loki to nuke spawns fast (I suggest amprex to obliterate everything to hell).

Rinse and repeat to boredom.

Still, I think that such a slow reputation's gain is unfair atm.

Use 4 Mag Primes with simple Stretches on -> sit in 4 corners of the entire tileset and spam Shield Polarize to kill all enemies and sometimes finish off those who survived with Crush. Enemy dies -> enemy respaws. You kill them as soon as they spawn - they instantly respawn, meaning you are farming the spawns with no opposition on the points and no damage being taken by you. Not even a single ammo used.

And yeah, the rep gain is way too slow know. Spent roughly 6 hours each day for the entire week and only got to the 4th rank (I did buy 5 sets of T4 caps from The Perrins tho). It will literally take an entire month to get to rank 5 and buy that damned Greedy Mag augment...I think it's far more worth to just get to rank 2 and spam buy those T4 keys from your syndicate until the rep gain is increased.

Not sure if you know/knew, but I made a post almost exactly like this a week or so ago. If you copied me, please delete your OP and instead put in the link to my thread. If this was a coincidence, disregard this . lol

Checked the first two pages of players helping players before posting this, and saw nothing similar

Never saw your thread since I never read this forum.

There is no exploit being used, so I wouldn't see why any changes would be needed.

Old Kappa and old Xini never got picked on for nerfs, so why would this?

because the enemies here have no respawn time.

they respawn as soon as they're dead. Or have you seen other interception missions where the enemies spawned again right after they were dead?no

because the enemies here have no respawn time.

they respawn as soon as they're dead. Or have you seen other interception missions where the enemies spawned again right after they were dead?no

They still do, the only difference is that Viver is a much smaller map so you can hit them sooner.

Seems that it's better to capture only 1 node and do longer waves. One wave takes like 12-14 min I think and gives around 4k rep. You can do it with 0 nodes too but 1 node gives good length runs so people can loot so their computers won't fry.

Seems that it's better to capture only 1 node and do longer waves. One wave takes like 12-14 min I think and gives around 4k rep. You can do it with 0 nodes too but 1 node gives good length runs so people can loot so their computers won't fry.

Don't think it makes too much difference if you drag one wave out or go for high waves

If you play for 10 minutes you'll get less than if you go for 20.

I prefer going til wave 4 because of easy T4 keys.

I don't think that rep is suppose to be grinded in the first place.

Might as well tell the sun to shine at midnight, or a waterfall to flow up the cliff. 

DE has cultivated a player base focused on this very kind of grinding, to try and make them not do so now with a supposed 'endgame' piece wouldn't, and as we can see doesn't, work out. That's why the first thing people jumped to with syndicates is how to hardcore grind them. 

Might as well tell the sun to shine at midnight, or a waterfall to flow up the cliff. 

DE has cultivated a player base focused on this very kind of grinding, to try and make them not do so now with a supposed 'endgame' piece wouldn't, and as we can see doesn't, work out. That's why the first thing people jumped to with syndicates is how to hardcore grind them.

Rep and Exp farm are pretty much the same thing. Farm one, you'll get the other.

Xini, cyath and Kappa were the old haunts for getting your stuff leveled fast, now we have dark sectors, but not everyone wants to run them due to high tax rates.

I'm just saying that Viver is an awesome farming spot in general, and trying to get more people running it.

Don't think it makes too much difference if you drag one wave out or go for high waves

If you play for 10 minutes you'll get less than if you go for 20.

I prefer going til wave 4 because of easy T4 keys.

Exactly what I was trying to explain to some people a couple of days ago. It doesn't get difficult until much later anyway so may as well keep the waves going up.

1 mag max power strenght

1 excal max range and power strength

1 trinity massive energy buff

1 nekros for looting-full power range

The trick is to capture only D point and let the enemy capture C point, leave the others neutral! This will slow down the process of the mission, but your % will be higher with 1% than the enemy. the excal and the mag can kill 2500 enemy in one round with shield polarize and excal's javelin!!!

You will get millions of affinity! EASY and the best way to farm EXP and REP!!

i got 3k rep in ONE round!!!

and hundreds of mod!!!  (i was the nekros)

1 mag max power strenght

1 excal max range and power strength

1 trinity massive energy buff

1 nekros for looting-full power range

The trick is to capture only D point and let the enemy capture C point, leave the others neutral! This will slow down the process of the mission, but your % will be higher with 1% than the enemy. the excal and the mag can kill 2500 enemy in one round with shield polarize and excal's javelin!!!

You will get millions of affinity! EASY and the best way to farm EXP and REP!!

i got 3k rep in ONE round!!!

and hundreds of mod!!!  (i was the nekros)

This topic was made in the early days. One cap farming and positioning has changed since then.

A perfect run will get you over 9k rep (boosted) which is great.