Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So, What's Up With All The Extra Dissolving Physx Particles?

_Absolom_

I noticed that since update 15.0.5 or 6, the dissolving corpses give off a lot more particles than they're supposed(or used to), and while some 3 corpses are not that hard, more than that is simply a murder on GPU's. My 660 GTX could handle everything just fine so far, 
Has anyone else encountered this?

I like it. But as with many effects it will get toned down or removed because some peoples hardware can't deal with it or some don't like it. I hope we will get one day an option to get all those effects back that have been reduced or removed by now because they were too much for a few people and i was able to play with all of them and liked them. Ah well only thing i can do is hope. 

It's a bug caused by who knows what and it happens even with PhysX off, the devs said in the last livestream that it was already being looked into so we'll probably get a fix for it early this week (hopefully Monday). In the meantime, play with Particle Effects Quality on Low, you'll still get frame drops, but they won't completely lock up the game every time an body dissolves. Also, Grineer bodies seem to cause more particles than other factions (though not always), so avoid fighting them if you can.