Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

More Weapon-Specific Mods From Syndicates

Cyborg-Rox

I really like the approach DE are going for with the new weapon-exclusive mods. It gives a nice boost to some of the not-so-good weapons. Last dev stream they said there will be more Syndicate rewards, and most likely more of these mods.

So I'd like to post an idea for a Syndicate mod here.

The Glaive has become completely overshadowed by its faster Prime version, the ragdolling Kestrel (which actually has a syndicate mod increasing flight speed by 140%) and the new disarming Halikar.

What we need is a mod like Bright Purity, which increases damage by 100%, for the Glaive.

This will make the Glaive a more powerful weapon, while the other throwing melees will have their ragdolling, speed and disarming abilities. This seems justifiable since the Glaive Bp can't be bought.

What do you think about this mod idea? Have any other syndicate mod ideas? Post them! :D

hmm... it seems to me that a Prime weapon should be straight up better than it's standard counterpart, but I like the idea of the 4 throwing weapons all specializing like that

Well, maybe it could be put on both Glaives? Wait, no, that wouldn't work. There's already a syndicate mod exclusive to a prime... Would also be a bit op.

There IS a level where things are going to get outmodded by better variations - it's just how things go in games like this where you have multiple upon multiple types of similar weapons - and while there can be effort to balance them all to equal useability and power (these weapon-specific mods seem to be a good way of doing so) eventually there must come a time when people just have to trade up.

Maybe not go for COMPLETE AND UTTER maximization - by all means, play with what you want - but if you like wood weapons consider putting down the twig in favor of the 2x4.

There IS a level where things are going to get outmodded by better variations - it's just how things go in games like this where you have multiple upon multiple types of similar weapons - and while there can be effort to balance them all to equal useability and power (these weapon-specific mods seem to be a good way of doing so) eventually there must come a time when people just have to trade up.

Maybe not go for COMPLETE AND UTTER maximization - by all means, play with what you want - but if you like wood weapons consider putting down the twig in favor of the 2x4.

I just want to use the Glaive, because it looks the best...

I also just finished playing Dark Sector, and I want to be super-ultra-badass like Hayden Tenno with his Glaive :c

I just want to use the Glaive, because it looks the best...

I also just finished playing Dark Sector, and I want to be super-ultra-badass like Hayden Tenno with his Glaive :c

And no ones stopping you from doing that. It's still not a bad item, it's just not the best - and, hey, if you learn how to use it really well that may not even matter 9/10.

Honestly, I don't like the weapon specific mods.. Even if the weapons chosen are under utilized, I don't think that would make much of a delicious carrot to chase, those types of fixes are best left for a patch or update maybe even a prime version.

The weapon mods should have been general but still featured the unique signature "effect" of each Syndicate along with a "focus" stat. Say like, if they want the Steel Meridian to represent a more defensive CQB type of style, the mods could be all melee and add things like shield recharge rate, parry, shield strength (yes available to mod onto any melee weapon).

This would make the mods one of a kind, as adding things like shield recharge rate to a melee weapon is currently impossible to do and could further strengthen an already powerful defensive build just by supporting a defensive Syndicate..

Just an example, but I think something like this would really help them stand out and differentiate.

I think the elephant in the room is slot competition on weapons. Weapons that require ameliorative mods are at a fundamental disadvantage because one must sacrifice a precious mod slot just to get them to the level that other weapons begin at. A dedicated mod slot for exclusive mods would help this a bit, but would also be contradictory to the prior sacrifice required to get one's hands on some of the more powerful weapons (syndicate sacrifice sort of balances this though).

I think the elephant in the room is slot competition on weapons. Weapons that require ameliorative mods are at a fundamental disadvantage because one must sacrifice a precious mod slot just to get them to the level that other weapons begin at. A dedicated mod slot for exclusive mods would help this a bit, but would also be contradictory to the prior sacrifice required to get one's hands on some of the more powerful weapons (syndicate sacrifice sort of balances this though).

It's definitely worth it though, most of the mods at least. I mean, Embolist with its horrendous ammo efficiency, goes from 100 rounds to 300 per mag. And those 200 extra rounds add to total rounds as well. I might just get that Embolist now, since there's a mod extending beam range as well.

Also the Grinlok, that has been overshadowed by the Marelok, can now get 67-75% crit chance.

Edited by Cyborg-Rox