Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Limbo's Expensive And Offensively Supportive

AsuraKyu

Alright, so  a LOT of testing done with Limbo. He's a great frame, lots of potential, and was very annoying in the learning curve lol.

The mod set I'll be using is as follows (All Mods maxed, and 1 Forma used) :

Intensify

Blind Rage

Narrow Minded

Overextended

Natural Talent

Streamline

Fleeting Expertise

Stretch ( Can be subbed with a Continuity depending on how you play this frame. )

So what you're going to get out of this is a VERY squishy, highly offensive, and supportive frame.

His skills, and how I use them:

Info:

Duration: +39.0%
Range: +69.0%
Strength: +69.0%
Efficiency: +35%

Banish:

Energy cost - 10

Damage - 845 (Impact)

Range - 59m

Duration - 35 Seconds

I honestly find Banish to be a more so, all around annoying skill. However, I find it useful when used in conjunction with Rift walk and Rift Surge using it primarily to pick off tougher enemies which may be a detriment to your team.

Rift Walk:

Energy cost -  16
Duration - 35 Seconds

I have mixed feelings about this skill. I find it useful and useless all at the same time. Most of the negatives which have been widely discussed throughout the community are tell all's to why it's bad, but again used in conjunction with Banish and Rift Surge it's most certainly your go to skill while looking seemingly absolutely useless to your team from their perspective.

Rift Surge:

Energy cost - 33
Duration - 35 Seconds
Damage taken by enemy - 500%

Rift Surge is the soul reason this build is so expensive. Depending on your teams composition ( Nova or Banshee or whoever ) that compounded damage increase can get pretty ridiculous while playing your offensively supportive role. Along with the powerful single target weapons such as the Newly released Opticor, Paris Prime, Dread, etc., when used with Banish and Rift Walk you'll find some pretty impressive  results.

Cataclysm:

Energy cost - 65
Damage - 845 ( Blast )
Radius - 27m
Duration  - 41 Seconds

Not gonna lie as it stands now, I kind of hate this skill. At the very least I feel like Rift Surge should have been passively implemented with the same functionality it currently has. But! All the same, it has it's uses. With it's sub par Radius and extreme duration it's pretty awkward to use. Along with that I've yet to figure out how duration effect's the slowing of the closing of cataclysm before it implodes on itself ( to my knowledge it doesn't, and the skill just get's really small when the longevity of the skill is too high, so shaving some levels off of Narrow Minded could help in both directions).

Cataclysm I still will say I find useful if you bring a nice AOE type weapon with you, again using Rift Walk and Rift Surge so that you can operate in and out of safety of your enemies range, while still doing good damage and protecting your team from whatever may be inside while they do other things (Again will work wonders with good team composition). My main gripe is THIS SKILL HAS NO RECAST. That's something I really do dislike for it's extreme duration, not to mention you can't pick up the drops from within the cataclysm which will annoy your team mates regardless.

All in all though, I find him fun and a troll lol. Mainly useful for speed running things like Captures and Rescues, and will most notably shine in a defense.

Note: Take nothing I say as set in stone fact. This is just how i play him. In my opinion he's a lot more like Loki outside of trolling where he's in a league all his own.  Rift Walk is your acting Stealth. Cataclysm your Panic/Radial Disarm. And finally Banish with Rift Surge being all the things you while in stealth lol.

Definitely open to suggestions, opinions, other findings you may have. Any thoughts?

Ouch, that is expensive. You could probably get a much nicer result if you focused on more on specific aspects of his abilities rather than trying to get an all-round build using corrupted mods. For example, focusing on efficiency while using duration mods to counteract Fleeting Expertise.

I agree, though, Limbo has a high learning curve. My personal play style with him involves trying to keep team members in the rift with Banish until they come into contact with enemies, at which point I will take them out of it. I would be Rift Walking the entire time to regen energy. For more stationary defensive situations, I put Cataclysm around the defense target and remain Rift Walking around outside, keeping an eye on team members in case they need an emergency Banish to recharge shields.

One thing Limbo excels at, though, is augmenting caster frames to be even more effective. Since abilities can still damage/affect enemies across rift states and Warframes gain energy in the rift, you can easily help that Vauban in your infested defense mission be effective a lot longer.

Ouch, that is expensive. You could probably get a much nicer result if you focused on more on specific aspects of his abilities rather than trying to get an all-round build using corrupted mods. For example, focusing on efficiency while using duration mods to counteract Fleeting Expertise.

I agree, though, Limbo has a high learning curve. My personal play style with him involves trying to keep team members in the rift with Banish until they come into contact with enemies, at which point I will take them out of it. I would be Rift Walking the entire time to regen energy. For more stationary defensive situations, I put Cataclysm around the defense target and remain Rift Walking around outside, keeping an eye on team members in case they need an emergency Banish to recharge shields.

One thing Limbo excels at, though, is augmenting caster frames to be even more effective. Since abilities can still damage/affect enemies across rift states and Warframes gain energy in the rift, you can easily help that Vauban in your infested defense mission be effective a lot longer.

Yea, I agree with you as well. One of the problems I ran into was Power strength effecting Rift Surge. While have an enormous Cataclysm worked out pretty well the negative power strength actually lowered the strength of Rift Surge, so there was no real benefit to to having the cataclysm up in the first place. Seeing how you play him though I could definitely see the usefulness of a duration efficiency build giving him a more Frost-like niche.

He definitely syncs better with Loki than Frost at defense. Radial Disarm + Cataclysm + Void Surge + Molecular Prime has got to be one of the most effective combos I've ever seen when taking on high level defense missions.

Yea for higher level defenses, that's something like 7x damage assuming you and your team are rifted that's pretty intense and some serious potential for anyone who takes the time to really use Limbo.

I've used something similar. My problem with the build was that Cataclysm took too long to wear off and was pretty much useless as a damage increase (since 40 seconds is a long re-cast time). It was also too small to effect a large enough group in defense/survival missions IMO.

Best use I've found for Cataclysm was -Range +Duration for pod defense.

Banish for separating tough enemies. With +Str for Rift Surge damage bonus. Only problem I found .. It was easier to press the left mouse button to kill that tough enemy then it was for me to get into melee range (-Range) press 1, press 3, press 2, then press F to kill the enemy.

I've used something similar. My problem with the build was that Cataclysm took too long to wear off and was pretty much useless as a damage increase (since 40 seconds is a long re-cast time). It was also too small to effect a large enough group in defense/survival missions IMO.

Best use I've found for Cataclysm was -Range +Duration for pod defense.

Banish for separating tough enemies. With +Str for Rift Surge damage bonus. Only problem I found .. It was easier to press the left mouse button to kill that tough enemy then it was for me to get into melee range (-Range) press 1, press 3, press 2, then press F to kill the enemy.

Yea that's why i say you could essentially take some levels of NM  until you found what you think is a suitable duration for your Banish, Rift Walk/Surge  giving you some better range on cataclysm a less annoying duration.

Yea that's why i say you could essentially take some levels of NM  until you found what you think is a suitable duration for your Banish, Rift Walk/Surge  giving you some better range on cataclysm a less annoying duration.

If I use NM Cataclysm just ends up too small to cover an area large enough for allies to reliably benefit from Rift Surge, and last too long for me to use it on a regular basis.

I've used Stretch with it to make Cataclysm larger. It's not a bad idea, a room-sized Cataclysm will come with about a 20s duration on Banish/Rift Walk/Surge. So you can give your group a 600% damage boost and some additional energy regeneration every 20s. But then you have to stand in the bubble to fight, wait for it to disappear, so you can loot the mods/pick ups/ammo and move on. You also have to hope that all your allies are set up for melee-range combat, since the bubble shrinks pretty quickly and since they can't shoot into the bubble from outside. Makes for a pretty dicey situation where the bonus damage would actually be useful (high level missions).

If I use NM Cataclysm just ends up too small to cover an area large enough for allies to reliably benefit from Rift Surge, and last too long for me to use it on a regular basis.

I've used Stretch with it to make Cataclysm larger. It's not a bad idea, a room-sized Cataclysm will come with about a 20s duration on Banish/Rift Walk/Surge. So you can give your group a 600% damage boost and some additional energy regeneration every 20s. But then you have to stand in the bubble to fight, wait for it to disappear, so you can loot the mods/pick ups/ammo and move on. You also have to hope that all your allies are set up for melee-range combat, since the bubble shrinks pretty quickly and since they can't shoot into the bubble from outside. Makes for a pretty dicey situation where the bonus damage would actually be useful (high level missions).

I think so long as you set up the bubble where there are the most amount of enemies, you should be fine. The enemies will be in the center of the bubble and if you have stretch the bubble should stay at a fairly decent size.

I think so long as you set up the bubble where there are the most amount of enemies, you should be fine. The enemies will be in the center of the bubble and if you have stretch the bubble should stay at a fairly decent size.

That's generally the idea, yes. It doesn't change the fact that you can only cast it once every 20s, can't pick things up in it, and separate yourself from allies trying to shoot inside/through the bubble.

The 600% damage boost comes with some pretty hefty drawbacks in the situations when it actually becomes useful.

That's generally the idea, yes. It doesn't change the fact that you can only cast it once every 20s, can't pick things up in it, and separate yourself from allies trying to shoot inside/through the bubble.

The 600% damage boost comes with some pretty hefty drawbacks in the situations when it actually becomes useful.

If the bubble could be manually detonated it would probably solve all those problems. Gonna have to wait till this Wednesday to see what happens. 

Well upon some further testing I was able to find that with a nova you can get up to a whole 1050% damage using rift surge which is the maximum with just those two. However, that testing also revealed (May be a bug) but team mates aren't receiving the damage boost when using rift surge even when they are in the rift. So comprehensively he's either a solo frame or best used with just Rift walk and Banish while using Rift surge to buff your own damage while helping out your team. So honestly cataclysm is nothing more than an annoyance lol

Well upon some further testing I was able to find that with a nova you can get up to a whole 1050% damage using rift surge which is the maximum with just those two. However, that testing also revealed (May be a bug) but team mates aren't receiving the damage boost when using rift surge even when they are in the rift. So comprehensively he's either a solo frame or best used with just Rift walk and Banish while using Rift surge to buff your own damage while helping out your team. So honestly cataclysm is nothing more than an annoyance lol

I'm not discounting your findings, but Rift Surge increases the damage that ENEMIES take while IN THE RIFT. I thought it just increased the damage you DEAL while IN THE RIFT, but I found out later that it's not.

Were you banishing enemies and finding that it didn't increase the damage allies did to them, or were you banishing allies and letting them use abilities to damage enemies outside the rift?

Edited by GideonG

I'm not discounting your findings, but Rift Surge increases the damage that ENEMIES take while IN THE RIFT. I thought it just increased the damage you DEAL while IN THE RIFT, but I found out later that it's not.

Were you banishing enemies and finding that it didn't increase the damage allies did to them, or were you banishing allies and letting them use abilities to damage enemies outside the rift?

I was asking my allies to help me do the testing rift surge worked when i was banishing, just not when id cataclysm and rift surge and had them attack

I was asking my allies to help me do the testing rift surge worked when i was banishing, just not when id cataclysm and rift surge and had them attack

So the Rift Surge bonus wasn't applying to enemies who were in the Cataclysm rift? That's interesting ...

I use Limbo as offensive isolation actually. 

I do not over boost duration as too long a Cataclysm duration makes people hate Limbo with a passion. :P

Use Banish to lock down hard targets or if they are a lot of them, use Cataclysm to isolate that group.

As long they are in "rift plane", they don't hurt my team who are in the "real plane", then my team can focus on taking out other targets first.

But Limbo is definitely as squishy as hell.

I get killed frequently, but that is part of the learning curve.

I use Limbo as offensive isolation actually. 

I do not over boost duration as too long a Cataclysm duration makes people hate Limbo with a passion. :P

Use Banish to lock down hard targets or if they are a lot of them, use Cataclysm to isolate that group.

As long they are in "rift plane", they don't hurt my team who are in the "real plane", then my team can focus on taking out other targets first.

But Limbo is definitely as squishy as hell.

I get killed frequently, but that is part of the learning curve.

Well that's what I was doing as well, I was running about 180% power strength with an about 12 second cataclysm, and they definitely wen't down fast. With a corrosive projection team that would be absolutely hectic which is the main reason I can see limbo adding to the Synergy of Loki and Nova. He just really, really needs some tweaks from DE.