Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[New Pvp Game Mode Concept] - Tenno Vs Fps Players.

Cowhawk

Introduction

So i have been thinking for a while how to open Warframe up to some of the more casual players, i understand a lot of people will disagree with this being done, but if we want DE to get what they deserve, i think this is required.

After playing almost 800 hours of Warframe, i am literally just mastery whoring everything i can, completing my codex etc. 

And now the new introduction of Archwing added a whole new way to play the game, which i thought it was brilliant as it was still Warframe, but essentially a different game...this got me thinking...

The New Gamemode

What if there was a PvP game mode, where 1 team played as their PvP Specific Warframe, (Separate builds from their PvE), and the other team played as Elite Grineer / Corpus troops(Syndicate?), specifically equipped with abilities which disrupt and neutralise Tenno...

Maybe even, the FPS players are the Corpus, and the Tenno are the disrupted frames after Alad V had them captured and they lost their abilities....so stealth is key?

If you think this is a bad idea...and it wouldn't work...go and Tell Ubisoft. 

TvsG.jpg

I honestly think this could work very well, and with it having FPS elements, would open the market up significantly, and having a FPS built, would also make different types of side missions available, where we play as our Syndicates soldiers etc. 

Tenno

The Tenno would play however they like, rather than the Splinter Cell counter part, both factions would be well balanced against each other, so that it isn't a one sided battle.

The Tenno, would play from the third person perspective as usual, and would have access to their own weapons and frames.

You may think that the Tenno would trounce the opposition, but as i have said earlier, the Grineer / Corpus troops are specifically trained and geared for Tenno Hunting. 

BlacklistTips6.jpg

Grineer / Corpus / (Syndicate Troops?)

The Opposition would be playing from the first person perspective, Reduced Mobility but they have Powers which can essentially render Tenno vulnerable to attack. 

Of course this would be difficult to balance, but i honestly think it could be good fun, if done properly. 

SplinterCellBlacklist-Spies-Vs-Mercs-mer

If you like the idea please Comment and Upvote this post, as we would like the Devs to see this, if you do not like this idea, please atleast comment letting me know why, or what you would change about it...

Thank you for reading Tenno. 

Cowhawk.

Edited by Cowhawk

No, the current PvP still needs tons of work, adding yet another PvP system needs to wait till the existing PvP is worked out.  Also this game is at its core a PvE game, at first it wasn't even going to have PvP in it.  I would rather they put their time and effort into the current things that still need work/expansion.  Archwing may be a new way to play the game, but like you said its still essentially warframe so having added something new isn't really a huge problem.  The game needs some work to made it more fun to replay stuff instead of replaying for the sake of grinding/farming, as well as more endgame style content.  And PvP is not the answer.

Edited by ClockworkSpectre

...at first it wasn't even going to have PvP in it.

False.

To OP: Not a huge fan of this idea. This game is a high mobility twitch shooter, not a slow paced stealth game. Though I wouldn't mind it if it didn't effect conclave (like solar rail conflicts did).

Edited by Rakshal

No, the current PvP still needs tons of work, adding yet another PvP system needs to wait till the existing PvP is worked out.  Also this game is at its core a PvE game, at first it wasn't even going to have PvP in it.  I would rather they put their time and effort into the current things that still need work/expansion.  Archwing may be a new way to play the game, but like you said its still essentially warframe so having added something new isn't really a huge problem.  The game needs some work to made it more fun to replay stuff instead of replaying for the sake of grinding/farming, as well as more endgame style content.  And PvP is not the answer.

Completely agree with they should focus on the PvE elements first, and once they have finished with the current systems they have in place, i feel that a gamemode like this would take Warframe into the next tier of awesome. 

False.

Actually it's true, but you would have to have been around another year prior to your joining. There were a small number of people advocating, the everyone else opposed, and the developers opposed, saying it wasn't part of what the game was about (and still really isn't).

Actually it's true, but you would have to have been around another year prior to your joining. There were a small number of people advocating, the everyone else opposed, and the developers opposed, saying it wasn't part of what the game was about (and still really isn't).

Lack of evidence makes your argument worthless.

Also wrong. 

PvP was always something that was going to be included. You can go back to interviews done in CBT to see devs saying they were planning on adding it eventually.

Also wrong. 

PvP was always something that was going to be included. You can go back to interviews done in CBT to see devs saying they were planning on adding it eventually.

Yes, I was there, during all those times that it didn't exist despite people wanting it. They themselves made the statements that they had no plans to include it. As I said, you would have to have been there at least a year prior to have seen it yourself. 

Lack of evidence makes your argument worthless.

Sorry, there is no argument, only what occurred in the past. Of which I have no desire to dig through the archives to make you look bad for not knowing.

• 3 weeks later...

I'll bite.

I think this concept might be a little hard to work out, if the battles are supposed to be balanced. Tenno will inevitably always be superior to everything else. Making super Tenno-Hunters would cripple everyones self esteem.

However, I could see a more Left 4 Dead type of conflict working, where Grineer/Corpus/(Syndicates?) effectively take over the "infected" role.

Something like this perhaps:

Tenno play in 4-man teams like usual, against a given faction. Opposing players spawn as Elite faction units while a ton of regular A.I units spawn like usual. 

Players who play as an opposing faction will just keep respawning after a timer, while Tenno will bleed out and die, just like normal. 

The goal for the Tenno players is to complete whatever the objective is..

The goal for the opposing faction players is to kill the Tenno before they can ressurect each other and complete the objective.

Basically just allowing players to play as the opposing faction (in somewhat regular mission types/settings) for giggles.

Not a bad idea, but letting people take their PVE warframes in is a terrible idea

Maybe introduce new stealth based warframes that are used exclusively in this mode or something. Or better yet, parkour based warframes, surviving through quick movement and evasive maneuvers. When I say PVE warframes, that goes for weapons too. Give them a buffed Karyst, as the Karyst is supposedly an assassin Tenno dagger. So basically Grineer heavies (with groundpound) VS. High Mobility Super close range IMBA ohk knives.

Not a bad idea, but letting people take their PVE warframes in is a terrible idea

Maybe introduce new stealth based warframes that are used exclusively in this mode or something. Or better yet, parkour based warframes, surviving through quick movement and evasive maneuvers. When I say PVE warframes, that goes for weapons too. Give them a buffed Karyst, as the Karyst is supposedly an assassin Tenno dagger. So basically Grineer heavies (with groundpound) VS. High Mobility Super close range IMBA ohk knives.

I like the idea,i like the idea a lot, it would certainly give the more stealthier players the type of experience they're after...plus playing as a Grineer kill squad would be great, especially in first person, i had a glitch the other day and i was playing in first person, looked so cool.

Just look at Spies vs Mercs on splinter cell, maybe have a mission where the Tenno have their weapons dsabled by new Radial disarm tech which affeects Tenno....which means it's all about the Stealth kills...much like the Zanuka escape mission. 

• 4 weeks later...

for me, all FPS game are the most boring game ever in PVP mode, i mean it ALL

why?

becouse all FPS game in pvp mode, all doing 99% the same things

FPS PVP from my perspectve:

Game Start: all running around, some to east, some go west. some go frontal

after about 40-50% map running, all starting to shooting each other with to 99% machinegun

handgun, shotgun, etc are very rarely to get used, (except Destiny)

in this momemt happen almost to all the same scenario:

"oh i see enemy!!!" RATATATATAATATAATA!!!!! *shooting*

wich got killed: "OH F*** I DIED!!!, whatever, i respawn in few second" *repeat to Game Start*

which killed: "OH YEAH GOT HEADSHOT/FIRST STRIKE etc etc etc......" *continue to "oh i see enemy"

the extra mission such "set the timer bomb" " catch the flag" are not really relevant in FPS PVP.....

they mostly see only their KD (Kill-Death)....

or someone have other gameplay from FPS PVP?

so from me a NO, bad idee

PS: sry for bad english and if i used wrong words......