Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Anything With Oxium Or Argon In It Can Shove Right Off.

PaxEthenica

I can't get it in quantities large enough to craft with it. I'm not buying it, I'm not buying anything that needs it to be crafted normally and with effort. I will not mark it for other players when it drops; if I stumble across it I am going to ignore it. Weapons and warframes that need it and are not a part of my existing inventory do not exist. Limbo does not exist. Limbo is a huge waste of the game developer's time, effort, and money so far as I am concerned. Limbo is an utter failure and black mark on Warframe.

And now onto the "productive" suggestion to fix my grievance with those two abomination resources so I don't get the thread closed.

Get rid of Oxium and Argon Crystals. Remove them from the game, permanently.

Cryotic is alright.

Only ten articles have oxium as a building requirement. Just have the blueprints ready and make the item eventually. Also, the new oxium alerts gives them in quantities of 300. The total amount you need right now (if G3 doesn't kill you and you don't use the extractors because those can be used multiple times) is 1650. Kill some ospreys and do 5 alerts. Problem permanently gone.

Argo crystals are in requirements of 1-2. How do you never have enough? Just do a dang mission.

I, personally, have had no difficulty getting these things. I recommend you check farming guides or the Warframe wiki if you're having difficulty finding these; got 100 Oxium in just under 45 minutes today, and started building the Karyst.

You just need to know the right locations(: Google/Wiki is your friend.

1 - Oxium farming locations were changed/removed on the PC version with some of the more recent updates.  I'm still looking for a replacement for Baal, for example.

2 - 100 Oxium is doable and not too bad.  However 600 for Zephyr, 300 for Helios, and 500 for the Halikar is pretty damn bad.

3A -Oxium's problem is that it drops like a rare, but is used like an uncommon (and the market prices treat it as if it was uncommon).  Chances are one dev did the design, then another dev lowered the actual drop rate to ~1/10th (according to the market numbers) to make it harder without balancing everything else.

3B - As for Argon, that's just DE's way of trying to make it so that players can't get new stuff the moment it comes out.  They started this with U13 and Hydroid (prosecutors) and have so far been introducing more and more methods to stop people from getting at their new content, which is a recognizable problem.  Some devs really don't like the idea that players can beat/enjoy content in far less time than it takes to create it, and so will stick in artificial time uses to try to make the content last longer... which is annoying in this case because devs will spend a lot of time doing something like remaking Hek, and then it's so hard to actually experience that content.

4 - Adding onto what #3 is, the devs have extrapolated on the issue by using Oxium and Argon as time sinks by making them be required for almost every new item, even when it doesn't fit things thematically (DE stopped making build materials theme and weapon-appropriate back in U11 or so it looks like, though).  When the backlog of PC updates start coming out for the PS4 you'll be seeing this issue firsthand, lots of new things need Oxium and Argon even when it makes no sense and stronger but older weapons are made much cheaper.

So uh...  I don't feel nearly as strongly as the OP, but Oxium and Argon are a recognized issue in terms of mechanics and comparisons to toehr materials, to see the devs using them like they are.

I think the OP's gripe is with the sudden ubiquity of blueprints requiring extremely rare materials.  I never have trouble with Oxium, personally, but Argon Crystals continue to be a pain, for two reason.

One, they drop in quantities of 1, and then very infrequently.

Two, they decay over time, making building with them a continual grind.  If a player does not already have enough resources to craft an item, it is entirely possible that the crystals will decay while he/she continues to farm for other requirements.  Since crystals only drop in quantities of 1, RNG in the average mission may make obtaining even two crystals extremely difficult, if sufficient time is not available in Real Life.

While I do not at all agree that Argon Crystals and Oxium should be completely removed from the game, I would very much like to see a reduction in blueprints requiring them.  By all means, have Argon and Oxium as a requirement for certain high-level content or weapons/warframes whose lore requires it, but do not throw two Argon Crystals into a blueprint "just because it's new."

Instead, I would like to see more weapons and warframes with material requirements that somehow allude to their place in the universe.  For example, high-level Grineer equipment could require mass quantities of Alloy Plate, while certain Corpus weapons (I'm looking at you, Glaxion) could use Cryotic as either a power source or a cooling system.  Argon Crystals and Oxium were not bad additions to the game, but their admittedly irresponsible use has created an extremely aggravating grind wall.

My point is simple: Make build materials reflect the end product

by

1) Building costs around equipment's lore and place in the Warframe universe.  Alloy Plate for high-grade Grineer gear, Cryotic for cold-based weapons, Oxium for items that must be light-weight, Argon Crystals for extremely high-level content, etc.

2) Using materials responsibly.  Not every new piece of equipment needs to be locked behind an RNG wall five stories high.  Use Rare resources in rare quantities for high-level content; use Common resources in mass quantities for everything.

i got like 6 in like a half hour of T1 defense waves. and oxium is pretty easy, just go kill some ospreys

Just because you got 6 in half an hour doesn't mean it will end up the same for another.  RNG my fellow Tenno, RNG.  I've been doing T1 def twice for the same amount of time each and I've not gotten any argons at all.

Argon is a pretty common drop in the void.

While yeah, its S#&$ty that it decays, at least it has a pretty high chance of dropping in the void and most items that require it only need 1 or 2 pieces.

Oxium is a far bigger problem as items that use it usually require a lot of it.

On top of that not nearly enough enemies drop it.

Oxium ospreys are cute and all but far too rare, and their suicide function ruins their own drop tables.

DE just added a beautiful new CORPUS THEMED tileset to Europa.

If ever there was a time to make at least 1 common enemy type (like Corpus crewmen) drop Oxium, it's now.

Nobody goes to Europa as it is.

Make special ice-themed Corpus crewmen who drop oxium on death.

Make Europa a hotspot for Oxium.

- now Europa is a place everyone will want go to (like sechura on pluto)

- now more people can experience the gorgeous new tileset

Voila, everything fixed.

Edited by Kruglov

I, personally, have had no difficulty getting these things. I recommend you check farming guides or the Warframe wiki if you're having difficulty finding these; got 100 Oxium in just under 45 minutes today, and started building the Karyst.

You just need to know the right locations(: Google/Wiki is your friend.

so uh, which node on which planet?

Also oxium ospreys are far too tanky to kill for noobs like me...

Actually, Europa was the hotspot for Oxium for weeks.  Baal in particular, friend and I could run that (mobile defense) and it was the right mission type in the right level range with the right tiles for us to walk out of each run with 30-45 Oxium when we were doing well.

Now that Europa got changed, we haven't found a replacement and we're back to scavenging single pieces in other places we happen to be running...

Argon crsytals aren't nearly as hard as people say.

I did two T4 50 minutes survival yesterday, ended up with 10. 10 Argon Crystals in less than 2h.

You can pretty much replicate that, just team up with a Nekros and do T1 Survival/Defense problem solved.

No Oxium means no dojo transporter pads. No deal!

Oxium was a grind in the beginning but it settled into something that you had enough of when you need it. It's fine.

R.I.P Kappa

Argons, on the other hand.

Useless imaginary grind currency developed by the evil side of DE's brain.

Stupidest idea ever made.

i can agree that Oxium Ospreys don't spawn enough outside of a few Mission Types in certain places, and that Argon is a bit unaccessible to newer players, and can take a bit of an annoying amount of time if you aren't in a Squad (i.e. alone).

however, i will absolutely emphasize that Oxium and Argon Crystals conceptually are very good Resources compared to the rest of them in Warframe. the volumes are controlled, and the demand to build things is within check, meaning volume won't be getting screwed up.

they drop in quantities of 1

correction, they drop in quantities of 'Rare Resource'. meaning 1-3. most likely 1-2.

oxium? hard to find? bloody hell... i have nearly 50k of the stuff and thats just from messing round in the void.....

Oxium isn't dropped by void enemies, so I call bull on that.

When I started playing Argon was dropped by Phorid, and I was able to get quite a lot of it very quickly. Of course, it all decayed away before I had any use for it, and then I found it was suddenly a LOT harder to get as of Gate Crash. That led to me getting really, really annoyed at the game - wasting 40 minutes running the void and not getting a single Argon Crystal made me decide to spend my free time elsewhere.

I get the feeling the drop rates for some of this stuff is being dictated by the top end - the no-lifers who will grind for twelve hours in a special Nekros build. The problem then, of course, is that everyone who wants to play for 1-2 hours in an ordinary Warframe is essentially denied the content.

No Oxium means no dojo transporter pads. No deal!

Oxium was a grind in the beginning but it settled into something that you had enough of when you need it. It's fine.

R.I.P Kappa

Argons, on the other hand.

Useless imaginary grind currency developed by the evil side of DE's brain.

Stupidest idea ever made.

Yes, because we all know what a chore it is spending 30 seconds to get to somewhere in the Dojo, a few times a week.

How on earth did we all manage it when transporter pads did not exist?

Not to mention the massive list of NINE things that need Oxium, and 3 of those objects are Zephyr, and another two are things that are hardly ever built (Bolt and Extractor).

Can you feel the sarcasm? Because I'm trying really hard.

None of the list is "must have". You want useless bling? Then put up with it.

All the Argon items are 1-3 cost. If you can't be bothered to plan ahead and have 1 or two items ready to go that just need Argon, and then spend a handful of missions getting that to start at least one, you seriously aren't trying very hard.

Edited by DSpite

Yes, because we all know what a chore it is spending 30 seconds to get to somewhere in the Dojo, a few times a week.

How on earth did we all manage it when transporter pads did not exist?

Not to mention the massive list of NINE things that need Oxium, and 3 of those objects are Zephyr, and another two are things that are hardly ever built (Bolt and Extractor).

Can you feel the sarcasm? Because I'm trying really hard.

None of the list is "must have". You want useless bling? Then put up with it.

All the Argon items are 1-3 cost. If you can't be bothered to plan ahead and have 1 or two items ready to go that just need Argon, and then spend a handful of missions getting that to start at least one, you seriously aren't trying very hard.

Oxium was pain, when it was new! It can be stockpiled and left in the back of your mind.

Be as sarcastic as you think you need to be. They can be stockpiled. - Legit resource.

"Spend a handful of missions" why?

You think that I don't play this game enough to know when I'm being kicked in the teeth?

HA! I'll give you a resource that can't be stockpiled! Genius!

How dare you stockpile the resources in this game and dare to take a break?

GRINDFRAME has a new word for hard earned resources... Argons! f'ing deal with it.

You thought you could just log in and build something new without us knowing that you had a day or 2 off? HAHAHAHA

Time to grind the void and see if RNGesus will give them to you.

Argons are DE spitting in the face of people that have put thousands of hours into this game because keeping players around for a few extra hours looks good on their charts.

They are a f2p scam. - Non-Legitimate resource.

Congratulations for supporting a disgusting business practice.

Lol, guys. Aren't you taking this game too emotional?

Ok, Oxium is a pain, I get it. As you mentioned - it can be stockpiled.

Argon... pffft... what's the matter with it? It decays, yes, but you need it in small quantities, which can be obtained by doing some Defence Void missions. I made yesterday a couple of Void runs (as Oberon, no Nekros around) and got 8 Argon Crystals out of it. Granted, it's RNG and your mileage my vary, but - I have never had any problems with Argon Crystals. I usually see them decaying in my inventory that have anything useful for them. For this reason, I would welcome any new blueprint that uses them. But, it's my opinion and don't kick me for it.