Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can The New Metallic Textures For Weapons Have Darker Tones For The Smoke Colored Palette (Smoke Black)? And Glaxion Freeze Ray Effect.

So hey I like the new metallic look of most of the in game weapons (dual cestras, penta, opticor, akvasto) to name a few but would just like to comment on one thing Im a player thats very particular about the color scheme of my warframe and recently with the new metallic textures being applied my metallic weapons that were previously colored smoke black now appear really shiny dark grey which really doesn;t match my color scheme :( so I have a suggestion maybe DE can allow us a tint/alpha option on how dark or shiny/reflective the new metallic weapons will look. as I prefer them to look metallic but at the same time be black colored not dark grey hoping for DE's feedback and thanks.

*Also on a side note I was wondering if its possible for DE to further tweak or improve th freeze ray effect of glaxion and make the beam wider? and have better freeze particles animation if it could somehow show the ray slowly freezing air moisture or something like that glaxion would be infinitely more fun to use. :D

Edited by HARDCORE_DAVE

From what I know, only the Opticor currently has the PB Rendering to give it that shine... not quite sure what you're meaning then.

opticor is fine but akvasto, penta, dual cestras and the others whenever you try to color their main metallic part smoke black it turns to dark grey :( don;t get me wrong i like the new metallic texture look with the reflection and shine but I would really like if it would be possible to have a tint/alpha option making the metallic color darker to at least look closer to the smoke black color that i chose.

opticor is fine but akvasto, penta, dual cestras and the others whenever you try to color their main metallic part smoke black it turns to dark grey :( don;t get me wrong i like the new metallic texture look with the reflection and shine but I would really like if it would be possible to have a tint/alpha option making the metallic color darker to at least look closer to the smoke black color that i chose.

No, what i mean is, the new textures and colouring system are only on the Opticor. What you're recolouring on those guns is the old texturing system, which seemed to be different on every object.

No, what i mean is, the new textures and colouring system are only on the Opticor. What you're recolouring on those guns is the old texturing system, which seemed to be different on every object.

Oh okay will it be changed then? and opticors metallic parts looke smoke black when you color them black right only with shine?

Yes, agreed. The Soma got PBR'd, too, and while it's great that it's more realistic now, my black Soma is a really shiny reflective light blue/white. 

I'm just hoping that once they update ALL  the textures to use PBR everything will look normal, and the reflections will work with eachother. I guess it might just be that the way bling-phong reflects light makes PBR look really weird. 

Yes, agreed. The Soma got PBR'd, too, and while it's great that it's more realistic now, my black Soma is a really shiny reflective light blue/white. 

I'm just hoping that once they update ALL  the textures to use PBR everything will look normal, and the reflections will work with eachother. I guess it might just be that the way bling-phong reflects light makes PBR look really weird. 

And lets hope for a color tint/alpha option to make the tone darker on the new reflective metallic surfaces I hope DE will consider this.