Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Does The Strongest Weapon In The Game Not Require A Mastery Rank?

Halisi

this issue will never die it will just change weapons as always. Let's go way way way back to when this topic was all over the forums because the king of weapons was the HEK Shotgun, then we had the OP Gorgon, we also have the Crit machine SOMA, do you see the point here anyone?

It is a PVE Focused game and anyone has the right to use any weapon/frame/sentinel/kubrow they so choose. Just because you find a weapon to be OP based on your personal biased doesn't really mean it is! Or again the only reason someone would complain a about this is the fact that potentially they are not a good enough player (any level/MR) to be able to deal with it. 

I had my time with the Boltor Prime and it was fun, but give me a burst rifle any day and I will school you up, down, left, and right. Why is that, maybe because it is the style I enjoy most, which means to me B.Prime is not OP in the least. 

this issue will never die it will just change weapons as always. Let's go way way way back to when this topic was all over the forums because the king of weapons was the HEK Shotgun, then we had the OP Gorgon, we also have the Crit machine SOMA, do you see the point here anyone?

It is a PVE Focused game and anyone has the right to use any weapon/frame/sentinel/kubrow they so choose. Just because you find a weapon to be OP based on your personal biased doesn't really mean it is! Or again the only reason someone would complain a about this is the fact that potentially they are not a good enough player (any level/MR) to be able to deal with it. 

I had my time with the Boltor Prime and it was fun, but give me a burst rifle any day and I will school you up, down, left, and right. Why is that, maybe because it is the style I enjoy most, which means to me B.Prime is not OP in the least. 

Yeah that's true but that isn't the point here. The point I'm trying to make is that the Boltor-P is a powerful weapon that you can own as soon as you enter the game. People try to argue that it's locked behind the rng wall that is the void but that hardly matters if you can just buy the set off of some person for 40p. A measly $5 purchase. This allows new players to breeze through the game without paying so much a glance at other weapons except for the ugly concept of mastery fodder.

Without trying all of the weapons and experimenting with them how can you be expected to appreciate them? Besides people who get their start using this weapon use it as the basis for comparison for every other weapon. If it can't keep up then it's a useless weapon.

I could care less about what the most OP weapon is right now cause no matter what the current one is I'll always use my Phage. Next time please read the post carefully and make sure you understand what's being said completely before posting. That goes for most of the other people in this thread too, you're all missing the point of my post.

Yeah that's true but that isn't the point here. The point I'm trying to make is that the Boltor-P is a powerful weapon that you can own as soon as you enter the game. People try to argue that it's locked behind the rng wall that is the void but that hardly matters if you can just buy the set off of some person for 40p. A measly $5 purchase. This allows new players to breeze through the game without paying so much a glance at other weapons except for the ugly concept of mastery fodder.

Without trying all of the weapons and experimenting with them how can you be expected to appreciate them? Besides people who get their start using this weapon use it as the basis for comparison for every other weapon. If it can't keep up then it's a useless weapon.

I could care less about what the most OP weapon is right now cause no matter what the current one is I'll always use my Phage. Next time please read the post carefully and make sure you understand what's being said completely before posting. That goes for most of the other people in this thread too, you're all missing the point of my post.

so really what your saying is that it is unfair for someone to use $5, buy platinum and pick up a weapon that they want to run for their own personal taste, just because you don't like that. These so called people may not have the time to grind away for a decent set of gear and have made the choice to buy said weapon. That does not make them OP because they must still level the weapon and accumulate the proper mods, forma to build it out. Wait though I am sure you will have gripe if they also choose to buy/trade for mods on the market as well using platinum they have purchased. 

Again I will state this is a PVE Based game and in no way does it affect you if someone else chooses to buy an item instead of farming for it. The human race always wants/needs that is how salesmen make a living preying on the want/needs of others. Must have a new car, must have a new phone, must have the newest frame, must have the newest weapon.... there is no difference.

Everyone has a right to play the game as they so CHOOSE! Choosing to pick it up and run it is each players CHOICE. Who cares otherwise? I could care less if a brand new player had the best set of gear.

------------

I started a new alternate account recently and picked up the Hydroid pack because I wanted too. MY CHOICE. Attica is a beast, nami skyla is a beast, hydroid is a beast and it made the leveling of the game much more fun with the new character knowing I could keep up a bit with high level players and actually help in a mission.

------------

It is all about how you look at it. 

Edited by DogManDan

The kestrel is the most OP weapon in the game. It can one shot (almost) everything in the game, even if they have more hit points then atoms in the ENTIRE universe.

I was one-shotting Sargus Ruk DURING his invulnerability stage. Hows that for OP?

NERF THE KESTREL !!!

... my god there is even an Augmented MOD for the damn thing. DE has no idea how to balance a boomerang. Come to Australia and I'll throw a Koala on the barbie. Mate. Cobber. Fair dinkum.

Edited by DSpite

Wow this topic looks fun like everyone else said (or at least some) who gives a crap if they have it if they have it that means you just found a new buddy to run void with and the "best weapon" topic is stupid and incredibly biased in my world loki prime, soma, marelok, orthos prime, and either shade or the sunika kubrow are the best this game has I'm biased as well no offense to rhino players but i find rhino and his prime for noobs because in my head its push a button and your invincible the point is everyone has a thought of which is the best weapon and the thing is every weapon is the best and the worst because its the best or worse to you now back to the point who cares that he's got a good weapon you should be happy when he or she saves your &#! because u need a revive because you decided his weapon was OP and wouldn't do anything but start complaining about it the only reason you should be complaining about this is because you either suck using it in PVE or you got your &#! kicked by it in PVP so why dont everyone stop complaining about it like dogman dan said who cares that they bought it off traders its his money and his gameplay and if they took the time to farm that weapon while still lowly ranked you should be happy that they got it because this means you could go that extra loot drop in survival so shut up and stop complaining.

I also don't know why anyone has problems with weapons being MRed what's the point here why would you not want them to have it you learn from your mistakes (at least you should) so if they ruin there game by buying or getting the gun who cares they screwed up they wont do it again or they wanted it so they didn't have to have a stressful game warframe is nice because YOU CAN CHOSE if you want a relaxing gaming experience or a harder longer experience where you actually have to farm for a few weeks to get something so what if they have that gun they may just want to play for fun and not have to work for stuff because they want to get away from stuff let them have fun and although stuff does have MRs let there be one nice weapon someone can get instead of thinking everything must be done the hard way I've had friends who have told me they love this game because IT CAN BE relaxing so if you want to work for stuff fine but don't be rude about it let people chose what they want not what you and a few other people want if I actually had cash to use I would probably have a few weapons I didn't want to work for so I just bought em its PVE if you want to go get pissed about weapons being OP and then stressed you had to farm for it go play TR on Planetside 2 and stop complaining gaming is supposed to be fun not stressful so let them do what you want you get to have opinions and I respect that because everyone has em but if they are about new people playing a game they never played before and wanted to take the easy route leave them alone for F*** sakes

People aren't complaining about the power of the boltor prime because of it's mastery rank requirements.  Putting it behind a mastery rank wall won't suddenly stop the complaints, it will just delay the inevitable and force people to grind through all the "mastery rank fodder" people are comparing to the Boltor Prime, hence why they think the Boltor Prime is too powerful in the first place.

The only valid reason to hate the Boltor Prime's power + ease of use (barring projectile aiming) is because vertical progessionist newbies will latch onto it, trivialize nearly all content, and then get bored.  For others that will stick around for other reasons, it's just a tool to get a little farther in an endless mission mode than, say, the Braton, and as long as the Braton can get a player through Pluto/Ceres, the weapon is for all intents and purposes "balanced."  Endless content isn't DE's focus when making a weapon, just the planet nodes.