Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Heavy Weapons Are Getting A Buff -- But What About Fists?

Vance.Stubbs

I used to be a die-hard Furax fan pre-melee 2.0 but now they are just so bad it hurts. I literally haven't seen a fist weapon user since Rhino Prime Access, when everybody ranked up new stuff.

Since Heavy weapons are getting their much needed buff -- can Scott look at fist weapons too? 

Personally, I think they need their DPS increased gradially as long as they are a single target only weapon. Maybe some CC buffs with ground slams.

What about fists?

Isn't Obex still good though? The flailing

that's sparring.....kogake too 

and I still use my Ankyros prime, they're very destructive vs corpus, I can 2 combo zanuka, if ppl don't see how fun they are then it's their lose actually :/ 

their stance are very good too, the uncommon is strong and have an easy "RMB" combo that can knockdown, the rare one can do finishers almost every time and has pretty bad@$$ combos, very fun stuff ;) 

I used to be a die-hard Furax fan pre-melee 2.0 but now they are just so bad it hurts.

I was doing 40K Crits with the MK1-Furax wile ranking it up against infested a few weeks back. I dont think that is weak, specialy considering the odd occasional Viral procs the Furax fist weapons cause even not having Viral damage.

As for the other Fist weapons i cant tell much, i havent used them in a wile.

I was doing 40K Crits with the MK1-Furax wile ranking it up against infested a few weeks back. 

What the... How? I have 1 Forma Furax and it barely takes me after 8+ waves on Viver. Max crit I managed to land was around 8k on Tech stunned by paralisys.

Edited by Vance.Stubbs

I was doing 40K Crits with the MK1-Furax wile ranking it up against infested a few weeks back. I dont think that is weak, specialy considering the odd occasional Viral procs the Furax fist weapons cause even not having Viral damage.

5d4f7172a17eb2ec20df365eed1ed70a.gif

Yeah, pretty much. Typical forum "I can use it right" with no proofs or explanations.

I run Kogake quite often and they still work decently to about level 50 enemies or so, depending on the build and the amount of HP bucket you're smacking. Obex I would assume would run about the same given that the stats are relatively similar.

I used to run Furax and Anky P often, I'll have to get back to them and see what levels they are dipping out at.

I know OP said Fist and was not including Sparring....

BUT I would love me to see both sets of weapons gain some easier access in performing their ground pound finisher.

It would be nice if Finishers scaled with Combo-count and players could activate the ground pound manually.

(Like Reload+Melee) (Relying on the chance that the game decides to activate the ground and finisher is disappointing. Also it would be nice to have Crit damage slightly tweaked so that A.Prime and Obex had higher Crit damage modifiers perhaps on par with Atterax/Dual Ichors/Dual Cleavers/ etc...They have a disadvantage of having short reach or hit boxes compared to other weapons....Wall Attack/Directional Melee included with the small hot box.)

Fist and Sparring's strongest attribute is the High Damage from and finisher which as finisher damage ignores Armor.

To the comment about a 40k Crit with MK-1 Furax against infested....I suppose if you were landing a Ground Pound finisher to the face possibly, but that figure seems a tad too high and most infested don't have anywhere near that much health when a player would be leveling an Mk-1 Furak.

Yeah, pretty much. Typical forum "I can use it right" with no proofs or explanations.

Hopped on to finish leveling Ankyros Prime to 30 on Heiracon, Pluto Survival. Using this no catalyst or Forma build: http://t.co/osWRxfVqxM

Had a 70k Crit on ancient Disrupter pic: http://t.co/b6z0XQJHHf video clip: http://t.co/mTKE7o3ANv

So BiancaRoughfin may have landed a 40k Crit with Mk-1 Furax, I was surprised to see the 70k Crit with Ankryos Prime...

Edited by (PS4)MrNishi

God I miss fist weapons, Single knifes and fist weapons were absolutely destroyed in melee 2.0 to the point where they are no fun and not good at all. 

My 2 favorite melee weapons in melee 1.0 were in fact Furax and heat dagger, god they were so fun to play with, as illogical as it was I loved being able to punch a heavy gunner in the guts so hard they split in half.. 

Both weapons are kinda silly now, you just wave them around..

What if they messed with the way combos worked for Fists? They could have much quicker combo rates (quickly getting to X2.5 or more) but have it coupled with a quick reset to 0.

Maybe that would be too much, but I really want different ways of buffing classes besides higher numbers.

Furax specifically already racks up the combo multiplier quickly thanks to Berserker and the good Crit rate. I wish we would get a little more time before the damage multiplier expired though. It's no problem against Infested, but the other factions like to run away.

Edited by DarkTails

Furax specifically already racks up the combo multiplier quickly thanks to Berserker and the good Crit rate. I wish we would get a little more time before the damage multiplier expired though. It's no problem against Infested, but the other factions like to run away.

I mean like insanely quick combo bonuses, like critical hits counting as 3 hits instead of one towards the counter or something like that. Something that defines Fists as being all about putting lots of quick hits on enemies.

Edited by (PS4)WiiConquered

I mean like insanely quick combo bonuses, like critical hits counting as 3 hits instead of one towards the counter or something like that. Something that defines Fists as being all about putting lots of quick hits on enemies.

Weapons with innately short reach should have better combo multipliers to balance them out with larger farther reaching weapons.

(It is easier to attack and maintain a combo with a Staff/Large Hammer than using your fists, feet, or a small dagger.)

I don't think more damage would be a bad thing considering you have to be very close in range to hit them anyway.

Agreed. This was the original concept of fist weapons in the game-- moderately fast and incredibly powerful, but with a painfully short range.

At the moment they're just moderately fast with a moderate range with painfully low damage (at best), making even the best fist weapon a sub-par choice all around.

Edited by SortaRandom

Hopped on to finish leveling Ankyros Prime to 30 on Heiracon, Pluto Survival. Using this no catalyst or Forma build: http://t.co/osWRxfVqxM

Had a 70k Crit on ancient Disrupter pic: http://t.co/b6z0XQJHHf video clip: http://t.co/mTKE7o3ANv

So he may have landed a 40k Crit with Mk-1 Furax, I was surprised to see the 70k Crit with Ankryos Prime...

Ah well, those are finishers. Even though the finisher damage is good, I don't think it is very effective to knock down EVERY enemy in the room and then finish them, providing how many enemies we have to fight in Warframe.

Anyway, I was talking about fists' normal attacks and DPS wise they are much worse than they used to be (you could basically beat the hell out of enemies pre-melee 2.0)

I used to be a die-hard Furax fan pre-melee 2.0 but now they are just so bad it hurts. I literally haven't seen a fist weapon user since Rhino Prime Access, when everybody ranked up new stuff.

Since Heavy weapons are getting their much needed buff -- can Scott look at fist weapons too? 

Personally, I think they need their DPS increased gradially as long as they are a single target only weapon. Maybe some CC buffs with ground slams.

This may not be the solution, but I suppose every little bit helps. DarkTails made a post about how to mod the furax. Here is the link:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/305215-furax-20-edition/

God I miss fist weapons, Single knifes and fist weapons were absolutely destroyed in melee 2.0 to the point where they are no fun and not good at all. 

My 2 favorite melee weapons in melee 1.0 were in fact Furax and heat dagger, god they were so fun to play with, as illogical as it was I loved being able to punch a heavy gunner in the guts so hard they split in half.. 

Both weapons are kinda silly now, you just wave them around..

I don't think we're playing the same game then. I still use Fist and Dagger weapons and have a wonderful time with them.

Furax's stance requires that you determine where and what attacks you want to direct at certain enemies or groups. Or you know, you can just wave it around I suppose.

I have a lot of weapons to look over, but this comment you made is quite silly if you've actually been using the fist and daggers. If you haven't, its just an over exaggerated comment without any basis for comparison.

Maybe Fist and Dagger weapons are no good with level 70 enemies. Give us some context and I can start to agree with you.

Ah well, those are finishers. Even though the finisher damage is good, I don't think it is very effective to knock down EVERY enemy in the room and then finish them, providing how many enemies we have to fight in Warframe.

Anyway, I was talking about fists' normal attacks and DPS wise they are much worse than they used to be (you could basically beat the hell out of enemies pre-melee 2.0)

On non-fist/sparring weapons I concur that Ground Finishers are not practical.

With Fists specifically (and to some degree Brutal Tide -Sparring) the combos seem to have Ground-Finisher setups

Fracturing Wind has two AOE knockdown combos and Seismic Palm also has two AoE knockdowns. Fists and Sparring Weapons at least have an AoE multi-hit Ground Finisher to make use of decent Finisher damage. (I recall when Hysteria was best used by performing Ground Finisher repeatedly to kill heavies.)

If Ground finishers could be manually performed by just pressing Reload+Melee; I would literally just run/directional-melee towards enemies and spam the ground finisher. If ground finisher scaled with combo-counter that would be icing-on-the cake. (Currently my preferred method of utilizing Life-Strike when fiat or sparring weapon is equipped.)

But also I strongly feel Fist/Sparring and single Daggers should have either have their combo mutli-pliers doubled at the same count when compared to other weapons or they should obtain combo hits at doubled the rate of other weapons.

(Harder for consequent combos with weapons that have a range deficit. Not helped by the fact that they do not reign supreme in status or Crit, while also lacking in damage when compared to Hammer/Staves/Polarms/LongSwords)