Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why The Hurry To Max Syndicates And Other Stuff? "grinding, Just Say No"

Mastikator2

I've seen a few people talk/complain about the time they spent grinding to max a syndicate only to find out that a week old feature doesn't have the depth they wanted. But I just don't get it, why grind so hard for this? Don't you have studies and jobs and pets and other responsibilities? If the grinding is such a pain then just don't do it.

I think we need to have some kind of program for people addicted to grinding. Just say no to grinding.

"Hey, wanna spend 6 hours straight playing Orokin Void to farm for Nyx Prime parts?"

"No thanks, I'd rather spend 1 hour playing until I get bored with it and then do something else"

Once I found out about how much Rep you can get from Interception, it doesn't really feel like grinding. I'm playing a game mode that I rarely play, and at high levels it is actually extremely fun. If there is one thing Sydicates have taught me, it's that Interception is an extremely underrated game type.

Edited by Eclipsen

That some people farm hours upon hours to grind out new content is nothing new. Same sh**t different game.

Its not everyone's cup of tea, but they are also entitled to an opinion just as everyone else who posts within the forum rules.

I don't understand the point of this thread. Do you want people to grind less because they are obviously neglecting other "more important" parts of their life which you know nothing about, or do you want people to "say no" to the grind as to send a message to DE that the grind is too great?

Edit: blabla.. bla?

Edited by Radford_343

My point of this thread is to convince players to grind less, for their own sanity and to stop enabling DE. DE has done a lot of good things, but grinding for prime parts in the void and rare mods in survival/interception missions is not one of them.

I see.

EDIT: I love editing my posts, I should learn to spend more time on my posts.

Title is a little misleading if this is supposed to be a discussion about the loot system in Warframe in my opinion, but the topic is valid. I don't really have a huge issue with the grind in WF to be honest, but then again I spend more time on games than most other players.

I do foresee a time when the loot tables become so diluted that DE has to make changes to how it works, but I don't think its anytime soon.

Edited by Radford_343

My point of this thread is to convince players to grind less, for their own sanity and to stop enabling DE. DE has done a lot of good things, but grinding for prime parts in the void and rare mods in survival/interception missions is not one of them.

I would rather have low drop rate then a pay2win  system

you seem to forget this isn't 'warframe', this is grindframe / farmframe.

Sure, there are parts you can just have fun with, but the very core of the game is grinding, and then some more grinding so you can grind whilst grinding for something else.

Forma'd a weapon? Grind some missions to level it again.

Want a new toy? Farm certain missions to get the parts needed, and perhaps some more grinding to get the resources.

Need mods? Farm certain places or game modes to get the mods you want / need.

Why farmframe? Because:

qkdoxh.gif

It isn't that much grinding, once you figured out the good spots and the good technics you can gain 20k per hour..

How the heck can you do that?  If I grind for an hour in cerberus I get 2000-3000 rep, not 20,000.

Edited by Lunamaniac

you seem to forget this isn't 'warframe', this is grindframe / farmframe.

I prefer to call it Warfarm ever since the one .gif made its round through the Forum.

7Wa7HmT.png

Sure, there are parts you can just have fun with, but the very core of the game is grinding, and then some more grinding so you can grind whilst grinding for something else.

And that's the main problem about the game right there. It sums it up pretty well. ^^

You can have some grind to "virtually" prolong the gameplay... I understand that DE needs to make some money (pay for convenience part) and that they need some time to further develop other stuff. So from a roadmap perspective they'd like to draw things out as long as possible. Well fine, can't blame them with their limited resources.

But you can't rely ONLY on the old grind-trick to hold people over for all eternity and think that it will have no consequences. That's where Warframe fails pretty hard because they don't really attempt to address the core-issue and critique being raised. They play the problem down as non existent and/or maybe acknowledging there are some problems and by saying they will come up with a solution which gives them some more room to breathe but the next update eventually suffers basically the same grind problems with nothing being fixed at all.

So for example the Syndicates were promised to be become an "endgame" beyond the grind... for people that don't know what else to do with their time anymore and who are sick of the same bland grind gameplay. We have been held over 10 months for that piece of crap and it ended up being an uncreative last minute addition that has been squeezed into the game in a cheap manner with no love being invested into it whatsoever relying on exactly the same old boring grind we have been doing ever since the game is Open Beta in exactly the same kind of fashion. Nothing has changed. At all.

This is where the entire game starts to stink for me because of how basically the same Grindwalled/RNG/Keyed things are being presented in multiple different flavors which in sum all smell like a huge pile of dookie. You grind for resources and items so you can grind for even more other resources and more items.

If you finally manage to be done with that then what? What comes after that?

More of the same bland stuff that serves no purpose whatsoever other than to kill time while deeply inside hoping (this is one of the reasons why I invested in this game) this will eventually serve some purpose at some point once DE starts to feel like doing something that goes beyond that horrible grind-madness.

Many of the people complaining about the problems don't have anything else to do anymore and even if they still have tons of stuff to grind for one simply can't deny that the latest additions are like an old man showing off the same old trick way too often. We are at the end of the rope. There's nothing below this bottomless barrel.

Greed for items may hold one over for some time but at some point you just grow tired of the same old uninspired bait-gameplay. The rate at which the items we worked hard for lose value because of new items superseding the older ones is just insane. At some point everyone will start to ask what all the weapons and mods are good for other than to be used to grind even more of the same stuff.

I've not even been trying as hard as many other people I know or are present here on the forums and I've nearly come to an end of the grind because I nearly own every single item of the game (apart from Nyx/Scindo/Hikou Prime and U15 stuff of course). But I don't feel accomplished at all because there's NOTHING to do with all that crap. Only to grind for the other items I don't own yet. It's a vast arsenal but it is going to waste because the only real purpose DE ever thought of was "use items to get the other items" and nothing beyond that.

It gets old. That's it.

If DE doesn't change that then eventually most people will have consumed all or most of the content and there's no further experience to be had beyond that. If the game would be over now it only leaves two impressions on me: Nice & unique Artwork, but repetitive grind-gameplay that serves no purpose.

Edited by MeduSalem

Nice & unique Artwork, but repetitive grind-gameplay that serves no purpose.

What possible purpose could playing a videogame serve?

Are you looking for story?  Well, you know that story is the most labour-intensive things for developers to make, and only really huge development teams can produce content at any decent rate.  Even then, it gets swallowed up pretty quickly.

The only kind of content that's inherently endless is sandbox content that players make for themselves - i.e. they interact to create the "stories" in the games, the devs just provide sand for the sandbox (things-to-do in the sandbox). 

But this isn't that type of game, it's not an MMO, it's just a third-person shooter.  What more can you expect from it? 

For me, Warframe is always on my comp, sometimes I don't play it for ages, but the gameplay is intrinsically fun enough that I always get a hankering for it after a week or two, and give it a few hours, or days, or sometimes a week, then I get bored with it again.

What's wrong with that type of game?  If it serves the purpose of entertaining me now and then, job done.

(Note: that's not to say I wouldn't like to see it expand, because I think the art and lore are cool, and I'd love to see it expand into a "proper" sandbox MMO eventually.  But that may or may not happen, but even if it does happen, it will take a long time.)

Edited by Omnimorph

What possible purpose could playing a videogame serve?

Are you looking for story?  Well, you know that story is the most labour-intensive things for developers to make, and only really huge development teams can produce content at any decent rate.  Even then, it gets swallowed up pretty quickly.

The only kind of content that's inherently endless is sandbox content that players make for themselves - i.e. they interact to create the "stories" in the games, the devs just provide sand for the sandbox (things-to-do in the sandbox). 

But this isn't that type of game, it's not an MMO, it's just a third-person shooter.  What more can you expect from it? 

For me, Warframe is always on my comp, sometimes I don't play it for ages, but the gameplay is intrinsically fun enough that I always get a hankering for it after a week or two, and give it a few hours, or days, or sometimes a week, then I get bored with it again.

What's wrong with that type of game?  If it serves the purpose of entertaining me now and then, job done.

(Note: that's not to say I wouldn't like to see it expand, because I think the art and lore are cool, and I'd love to see it expand into a "proper" sandbox MMO eventually.  But that may or may not happen, but even if it does happen, it will take a long time.)

I can see where both you and Medusalem are coming from, but if I were to guess, I'd say that Medusalem is just disappointed. I think this game has soooo much potential to reach higher hights. Not in terms of story, but in terms of what it does best and is already doing. Fun, fast paced, customizable, frantic, ninja and wizard powered 3rd person shooter action (DE, u can buy that sentence from me). But damnit we need more! You are asking what reason it needs? Well, what if all the grinding for the best loot, and all the formadding was neccesary to an extent, to beat a certain mission/raid? What if there was a lot more focus on leaderboards for endless content such as T4surv? (Longest run with names on navigation, front page, or somewhere else) - would people find prestige in reaching the top? What if PvP became a focus, and the grind was leading up to that. 

All Im saying is, that I get Medusalem. It's a very unimaginative approach to the game, to just keep adding more stuff to the game, and expect players to find their own amusement in grinding for it. Even Steve said in a dev stream recently, that he knows, that high rank players basically just get the new stuff, and that it kind of is their end game at this point. 

That's how I play.

Play an hour until I get bored doing it...

That's the best way. The truth is, if you are rly addicted from Warframe you'll always say ... oh I haven't tried that for a long time and another hour of you life is lost. That's the way to have fun with WF. :3 

DE gave us so many features up till now so we, as players, have alot of stuff to do in the game. I am glad! :3