Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Prime Access: A Shadow Of Founders, Or It's Successor? (General Discussion)

Nexzalas

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Warning:

The following topic is very "sensitive" to some people, please be kind to others ideas and opinions, if you have strong

opinions about Prime Access and/or Founders then proceed with caution and at own risk.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It is common knowledge that Prime Access is a call back to Founders by giving players the latest and greatest Prime equipment as well as other benefits such as, but not limited to; special account icons, in-game equipment, platinum, and cosmetics (Soon to be released Founders sigils, Prime syandanas, Prime weapon suragatas, etc.) however Founders will be forever out of reach from anyone who did not (or otherwise) purchase the more higher Founders bundles. It is set in stone that Founders will not come back, Excalibur Prime, Skana Prime, Lato Prime, and everything else associated with the Founders is locked away indefinitely.

With Prime Access, you may purchase Primed Warframes that are accessible in-game and cut out the grind to obtain said Warframes as well as equipment that can also be obtained in-game (Hence the name "Prime Access") and Prime Access exclusive cosmetics and Founders-like qualities (Such as an increased cap in deployable resource extractors, exclusive account icons). Prime Access has even had cosmetics not offered by the Founders such as the Misa and Noru Syandanas where as the Founders did not even get a syandana.

However, Founders do have special privileges to the Design Council chat and sub-forums that are otherwise in-accessible to most others. The reason of it being that they assist DE in creating content by submitting ideas, giving feedback on up-coming content, and other things that most others would not be able to see or do unless otherwise. As well as Founders have special icons below their profile pictures to indicate their devotion and faith within Warframe and DE when it remained in closed beta and was not the (somewhat) solid game we see and love today.

I bring all this up because I have a question to ask both Founders and Non-Founders;

- What are your thoughts/feelings on Prime Access and/or Founders Program?

- With Primes being more and more common place, is Excalibur Prime and his personal equipment all it's cracked up to be like is was in the past where he was the only Prime around?

- Is Prime Access going to surpass Founders in the future? (This is excluding the Solar Marks, Design Council, and real life shirt & headband)

Warning:

The following topic is very "sensitive" to some people, please be kind to others ideas and opinions, if you have strong

opinions about Prime Access and/or Founders then proceed with caution and at own risk.

If you knew this why did you bother making the thread?

Oh look...this thread again.

What are your thoughts/feelings on Prime Access and/or Founders Program?

-It's Awesome.

With Primes being more and more common place, is Excalibur Prime and his personal equipment all it's cracked up to be like is was in the past where he was the only Prime around?

-No

Is Prime Access going to surpass Founders in the future?

-What?

- With Primes being more and more common place, is Excalibur Prime and his personal equipment all it's cracked up to be like is was in the past where he was the only Prime around?

- Is Prime Access going to surpass Founders in the future? (This is excluding the Solar Marks, Design Council, and real life shirt & headband)

I wish I was there to get the exclusive stuff for mastery. That's kinda it.

I don't know

..Yes? Personally I find huge value in the Founders package since it's a package that I can never have ever

@Dualstar;

I've been curious on what people thought about Prime Access and Founders, however I also know that people can get into fights about it as well, thus the disclaimer to try and prevent said fights

Edited by Nexzalas

Excalibur Prime never was much different than a regular Excalibur with a different skin and a couple of polarities that you could get on your own anyway. All he ever was exclusive and that remains, and will always remain, the same.

Will Prime Access surpass Founders? If you exclude the stuff that really matters and count all the Prime Access together, then yes. What are 3 primes compared to all the other exclusive gear that you will get, way more platinum and not have to farm all the new prime gear?

-Not sure how Prime access would "surpass" founders as theres nothing to surpass.

-This thread: Why? It seems terribly redundant as the question makes no sense (to me at least) and will just stir up the hornets nest... again.

-No. Excal P is exactly like every other prime and only has a bit of cool bling along with some arbitrary minor stat boost that you probably wont even notice. The same goes of skana and lato P. They aren't completely useless but most weapons out perform them by miles.

Once again, its all just shiny shinies.

-Prime access is rad. Only complaint is the same as everyone else. That being mostly redundant boosters in the exclusives pack that push up the price by around $20. Would make more sense to have them in the main pack were there is a guarantee you will at least have new gear to rank up.

TL;DR: Founders is really just a bunch of shinies and not really worth talking about or getting antsy over.

Well if you look at the questions made, the topic has been made. 

We can start off with Founder Program, what our feelings are is that we took a great risk upon what could be a another dig in the grave.

Today, the founder program has surely payed off for those who spend their life savings upon it. And those who were not there at the time, or feared the the outcome if they did. Or simply enough did not have the money for it. That is a part of life. Things have come and gone, and Founder Program is one of them. That came, and soon enough was "out of stock" 

Founder Rrogram disgussion, is not forbidden in my view but it's a sensitive subject not only for the Founders themselves. But you trigger something, a couragement for others that have come upon the new age and they want answers too. The answer is simple. And you know the answer.

Prime Accesss in the other hand, has become a monthly fee for me. I've been dedicated for this game, and the devs behind it as I've get to know them from a far over time. It has become a interest, and investment for me. Not only a game, but a lifestyle of joy. I want DE too succeed their path, and I will help them with the little I have. 

Prime access has it's doubts in morality of some. And for others, it's a greater thing to come across. You could say, it's a part of the balance to be maintained. 

-Not sure how Prime access would "surpass" founders as theres nothing to surpass.

-This thread: Why? It seems terribly redundant as the question makes no sense (to me at least) and will just stir up the hornets nest... again.

-No. Excal P is exactly like every other prime and only has a bit of cool bling along with some arbitrary minor stat boost that you probably wont even notice. The same goes of skana and lato P. They aren't completely useless but most weapons out perform them by miles.

Once again, its all just shiny shinies.

-Prime access is rad. Only complaint is the same as everyone else. That being mostly redundant boosters in the exclusives pack that push up the price by around $20. Would make more sense to have them in the main pack were there is a guarantee you will at least have new gear to rank up.

TL;DR: Founders is really just a bunch of shinies and not really worth talking about or getting antsy over.

^this says it all.

Most Master and Grandmaster Founders I know didn't get the packs for the items.

MUST we have this tired debate again?

Edited by Kalenath

One thing I would like to say to this:

However, Founders do have special privileges to the Design Council chat and sub-forums that are otherwise in-accessible to most others. 

Is that DE does invite new people to the DC every month.
Keeps fresh blood flowing there so to speak.
So that's no longer unique to the founders anymore.

Anyways on to your points:
They are/were a great way to support the game and get something small in return.

Excalibur Prime, Lato Prime, and Skana Prime were never that special.  Skana Prime is essentially a reskinned Cronus.  Not that special except in how it looks.  Lato Prime is a lato...enough said.  Excalibur prime is nearly identical to Excalibur, only difference is a 2.5 shield recharge buff.  And good luck even noticing that that exists.
Sure I like pulling them out and using them with the Braton Prime when I'm in the mood, but there are far better weapons then them.  They aren't some pinnacle of power or anything.

This is like asking "Will oranges surpass apples?", in short it's not really a valid question.

I tried Warframe originally back in U7 sometime in May 2013 and I'll be honest, didn't like it.

It was too confusing and not upto other stuff I was playing and I saw no reason to put a lot into it at the time.  I didn't come back until U10 after the Founders program had finished.  Those that supported the game at that time took a fair sized risk and I fully support their commitment to a game that was only starting to come together.  They earned the right to have stuff that rewards them for taking that risk.  

I've since bought full Prime Access and accessories, plus a couple of Platinum packs which makes this the biggest investment I've ever placed into a game.

I assume you meant that will the number of PA holders surpass Founders.  I'm sure if they haven't already it won't be long before they do, but they/we are buying into a more finished and developed product than the Founders were.  

So if the idea is should PA access holder get additional privileges?  I really don't think so, we get the new shinnies with no effort and some additional exclusives that is the draw of PA.

The questions you ask are obviously very subjective but I'm not sure what exactly you're after either.

What SHOULD my feelings be? Are you assuming founders are angry because prime access exists or what exactly do you want to know? I don't care that it exists because they're not giving out anything obtained from founder's packs and they're certainly not exclusive since you can obtain (nearly) everything in-game. Even if they did give out Excal and the prime weapons I still wouldn't care that much. I think prime access is fine. I was very tempted to buy the Nyx Prime one just because Nyx has been my favorite frame for a long time but that is still far too much money (for me at the moment) for something I can simply get by playing.

I don't know that Excal Prime was ever "the best" gameplay-wise or even good. Overall he seems pretty lackluster to me and since there are so many primes you definitely don't feel unique if you do play with him. When he was the only one what made him unique was his appearance, now there are plenty more frames with a similar appearance. Which kind of sucks but doesn't really matter all that much (does anyone even play with Excal outside of lower tier planets?).

Again, don't really know what you're talking about when you say surpass founders. Surpass them how? If you mean is it going to be more popular or sought after, maybe. I have no way of telling how popular they are. WIth founders you could easily see how many people are and aren't, especially with grandmasters since they have their names everywhere in-game. Personally I don't have much interest in prime access, maybe people feel differently about it.

Edited by Seraphyx

*sigh*

I don't have problem with this thread, as long as they don't ask for a return of the Founder stuff, but i have a problem with the people who complain about these threads withouth reading and then posting useless comments about Exclusiveness.

PD:Try to remain calm and make constructive comments, thanks.

Edited by DarkLordX2

1-I am fine with them, anyway, i would like to see a return on the Prime Access Accesories in the future.

2-I...didn't understand the question.

3-I doubt it, in my opinion, the Founder Pack was like the first Prime Access.