Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Really Struggling With Limbo :-/

[DE]Momaw

Question

Basically this is a warframe that has no defenses.   Shield strength is pathetic. Armor is nonexistent. Health pool is normal, but he has no way to heal or mitigate damage so generally speaking health damage at any level higher than the kiddy pool is fatal.  He can become invulnerable to ordinary damage by rift walking, but unlike Loki, enemies are still engaging him.  Which means playing with one eye on the effects bar to know exactly when you need to be in cover, or you may be forced back into normality with a few bolts and lasers already halfway through your frail body.  And then, in order to actually do anything other than banish team mates into the void or bring them back (a power which must be aimed with pixel perfect precision in the middle of combat, which is a whole problem unto itself), you must expose yourself to the enemy.  Using Cataclysm protects your team by imposing a time-out for everything in it, but makes YOU a huge bullseye. You can step out of the rift when you use Cataclysm, and just hope none of them manage to stumble out of it too, only to be shot in the back by all the normal enemies that you haven't shifted because it's not like enemies only come from one direction. Or you can do absolutely massive damage with his #3 buff to single enemies that you bring into the rift with you but you had better hope to your gods that you can finish them off before they stand up because otherwise you are dead. Also this style of play is incredibly tiresome and basically ineffective since you must aim and trigger #1 on every single enemy you want to hit while other team members are massacring enemies by the bucket load, which is the kind of gameplay that Warframe is built around. And did I mention being forced to live or die by the timer on your Rift Walk, while aiming your pixel-accuracy Banish, but only when enemies are not in the middle of an animation i.e. immune to the knockdown, because if you screw up ANYTHING, you're dead?

Sigh. :(

Explain this frame to me.

9 answers to this question

I really love him but his squishiness has no compensation which is an issue. Maybe that's what his new 1st or 2nd should be, someway to heal the Limbo. It's best if you use a small Cata for Itercept or defense missions. You can use Rift Walk to kill harder enemies.

Basically this is a warframe that has no defenses.   Shield strength is pathetic. Armor is nonexistent. Health pool is normal, but he has no way to heal or mitigate damage so generally speaking health damage at any level higher than the kiddy pool is fatal.  He can become invulnerable to ordinary damage by rift walking, but unlike Loki, enemies are still engaging him.  Which means playing with one eye on the effects bar to know exactly when you need to be in cover, or you may be forced back into normality with a few bolts and lasers already halfway through your frail body.  And then, in order to actually do anything other than banish team mates into the void or bring them back (a power which must be aimed with pixel perfect precision in the middle of combat, which is a whole problem unto itself), you must expose yourself to the enemy.  Using Cataclysm protects your team by imposing a time-out for everything in it, but makes YOU a huge bullseye. You can step out of the rift when you use Cataclysm, and just hope none of them manage to stumble out of it too, only to be shot in the back by all the normal enemies that you haven't shifted because it's not like enemies only come from one direction. Or you can do absolutely massive damage with his #3 buff to single enemies that you bring into the rift with you but you had better hope to your gods that you can finish them off before they stand up because otherwise you are dead. Also this style of play is incredibly tiresome and basically ineffective since you must aim and trigger #1 on every single enemy you want to hit while other team members are massacring enemies by the bucket load, which is the kind of gameplay that Warframe is built around. And did I mention being forced to live or die by the timer on your Rift Walk, while aiming your pixel-accuracy Banish, but only when enemies are not in the middle of an animation i.e. immune to the knockdown, because if you screw up ANYTHING, you're dead?

well

first u need Natural tallent ( with it u habe no problems with cast times or how long ur riftwalk is)

there are many ways to play him

e.g:

max dmg build with less duration , means ur 1st abbility kills them all 1hit (or u spam it till he dies) and u can spam ur ult for massive aoe dmg.

if u use this one u have to move all the time and/or use huras to get cloaked

another way is to make dmg/duration build for stay in the rift(rift walk) cast ur 3 to buff u and then pull every singel enemy with the 1 in the rift too

the secret is: never stop moving or use huras kubrow

OP, you've hit the problem with limbo on the head.

He's a one-trick pony. Basically a complete gimmick.

I tried many methods of play on him, but ultimately... (hint hint) i wound up playing him with blind rage, intensify, fleeting expertise, streamline, defenses. for a very strong, very quickly dissipating ultimate that could be spammed.

very glad to have him to 30 and shelved until DE takes another pass on his abilities. 

edit: Marthrym below me also nails my issues with every alternate style of play i attempted.

Edited by xethier

It's all about planning and preparation wit him. Which in itself is not an issue. But for a fast paced game like warframe? Baaaaad idea. Like you said, the rest of the team is shooting at anything that moves with reckless abandon. For Limbo (hate that name, will say it everytime...), you need to use at least 2 powers together to get anything useful out of his kit. Which takes time, precision, timing, lots of energy, and some good old luck.

DO NOT count on damage with him. That's not his thing. He is NOT a "DPS caster" frame. He is more of a "damage mitigation/area denial" frame. The first of his kind. So he's kind of a test run for the devs IMHO. He still needs TLC, LOTS of adjustments and for us to learn how to play Warframe differently.

You have to take your time with Limbo (hate the name), which goes against everything Warframe taught us so far.

Edited by Marthrym

Maybe that's what his new 1st or 2nd should be, someway to heal the Limbo. It's best if you use a small Cata for Itercept or defense missions.

This gave me the idea of having a passive heal while in rift walk, similar to rejuvenation or oberon's heal. Ofcourse not as slow as rejuvenation and not as fast as oberon but in a nice middle-ground I could see this work. Another option would be giving Limbo a 2-3 second invulnerability while entering/exiting the rift alongside with something like a 10% heal. I do not know if this would be balanced since I just got the chassis today and I'm a long way from getting the entire frame but from what I read this should be a decent solution or at least a step in the right direction.

I'm sure feedback is full of these kind of posts so I'll just leave it like this here.

i think my post in his feedback thread fixes him perfectly, it turns him into a more combo damage frame check it out

"Banish - i think banish should be like mag's pull, as it ranks up it banishes more enemy's in the target area without your reticle having to be on an enemy just within the direction and range and honestly i think you should just take allied banish out, even if you change it i think its still going to be something others wont like.. unless you add in the new 2nd

Rift walk - Combine it with banish, when you banish a group your all ready to deal with them! but while in the void you should take less damage as to not die instantly..

Void shatter - (this would be the new 2nd) pull allies and enemy's from the void, this would return you and everything else from the void, it would deal damage to all enemy's and the damage reduction from the void would linger for a time.

Rift surge - Make it deal damage and apply a stun, this with a lower cast time would make the void your playground

Cataclysm - keep it how it is, but.. make it so it doesn't shrink, enemy's and allies can move in and out at will, but allies will take less damage while inside. rift surge will affect all enemy's within as well for more ability synergy

the rate at which you kill most enemy's in this game banishing a single enemy really means nothing.. by the time you have banished him, rift walked and then killed him everyone has moved on to the next group if there not gone entirely..

adding an agreement button to be banished would take up too much time, having a portal would force allies to move, potentially into danger or away form an objective, simply allowing them to roll or back flip out of the void would be good enough

combining the number 1 ability with the new rift walk/Void shatter would allow you to banish a group and then kill them all, any that survive wouldn't be able to do much because of the lingering damage reduction

since the new 1 doesn't require a target you can still only banish yourself as well

i think this as a whole fixes all of the problems, and makes for a frame allies as well as those playing will enjoy :D"
Edited by Kurrumitsumi

No offense but this probably isn't your warframe. The fact that he isn't a "massacre enemies by the bucketload" frame is what makes him insteresting to me. It requires more skill and more work to try and do the same thing other frames can do much easier, but he has the utility to stand up to situations that other frames can't just brute force through. It would be pretty OP if he had the utility he has now AND room clearing damage like other frames. Also he would just be a redundant frame without the utility. His weakness is what makes him special and powerful at the same time.

1. For the most part just clear missions without skills.

2. Put lifestrike on your melee weapon. If the going gets tough, riftwalk and then banish a single enemy, lifestrike him for some easy health. This can be done even in IMPOSSIBLY huge crowds. Your shields will be regenerated by the void as well, as well as the energy  you used for your lifestrike.

3. If your using cataclysm for something like a defense mission, after about 5 seconds of casting cataclysm, take a moment to cast riftwalk. This will ensure that when your cataclysm ends, you'll be in the void and invulnerable while you cast your next cataclysm. Then continue.

Remember that ALL his skills have large amounts of utility and a little damage on the side. Limbo may not be able to clear a room as fast as others or in the same style, but he has an answer to every problem because of his incredible amounts of utility. The only exception to this rule is in defense missions. Basically I babysit the objective on Tower Defenses with cataclysm and rift surge. I make a melee arena of combat for myself around the objective while my squad can go outside Cataclysm to hunt. Me being on the objective frees them up to do whatever they want without worring about the objective taking any damage since my Cataclysm is stopping all incoming ranged and I just melee everything that enters. 

basicly i play mine on some dmg with arround 21sec duration  1 2 and 3 used to pick out heavys or toxin to get em out of the team

or 1 to save a team mate in a hard situation also 2 for ress.

4 +2+3 to go in with am massiv dmg leak like ceres kiste cast it on the bridge so they cant shoot the system but i can bash em with a aoe weapon or single shots

or give a teammate like valkyr excal or saryn the chance to ohko em by jumping in it

hes a support frame and need really some thinking its like lokis decoy but hes is the decoy + his abilities :p