Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ideas For Some New Weapons:chain Swords, Warglaives,lightsabres

Aliendon

Hi guys sorry that you had to wait so long for this ...

Heres the first idea: Chain swords ....and NO i don't mean chainsaw swords- I MEAN Chain swords

Trivia: In ancient China there was a special weapon with the only true ninja masters could get around. It was a short wide blade attached to a long chain, this was an experienced ninja an opponent silently strangle from a safe distance, the neck break or cut off his head ..... and yes this weapon was / is there really. 

Here are more infos:  
Stats:-Damage:  20 slashing damage+20 or 25 puncture dmg +5 impact damage= /45 phys dmg.                                                 attacks/per sec 1.2 or 1.4  crit chance 10% crit damage 140 or 160 %;  status chance 35 or 40 %   slam attacks 80 dmg ; slide attacks 120 dmg
wall attacks 150 dmg ; stamina 8 

Advantages:
-puncture damage perfect for armored enemies
-Fast attack speed

-Stance polarity 17px-D.png matches Burning Wasp.

-low stamina consumption

-High status chance

Disadvantages:

-low attack range

-low crit chance

-low crit damage

Style:  http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ninja#mediaviewer/File:Small_kusarigama.JPG - original ninja weapon( only the small version) 

That is what i meanthttp://fc07.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2014/005/9/2/kusari_gama___weapon_check_by_protocolx27-d711qyk.jpg

yeah more info is coming soon........

Edited by Aliendon

*responding to the title, as there is almost nothing in the OP*

Lightsabers (by that name at least) will probably never happen becuase I think that name is owned/copywritten by LucasArts, and DE would need to get the rights to that. The concept of an energy sword could happen though.

Warglaves I assume is referring to a thrown weapon, and I would need to refer you to here, here, here, and here.

Are chainswords essentially a sword that is broken into segments that are attached to each other with a chain? If so we already have whips, so it would be a possibility. 

Are chainswords essentially a sword that is broken into segments that are attached to each other with a chain? If so we already have whips, so it would be a possibility. 

Nah, they're chainsaw swords

Warhammer_40k_Chainsword_by_Sarayel.jpg

Full of the copyright infringement from Games Workshop, as pointed out earlier

Nah, they're chainsaw swords

-snip-

Full of the copyright infringement from Games Workshop, as pointed out earlier

I would think that the use of chainsaws as weapons would be copywritten by slasher flicks, but meh. I'm sure that if DE modified the design enough they could get away with it. Also those look awesome. Maybe a grineer weapon.

Yeah, but the Grineer already have energy weapons - at least I'm assuming that's what the glowy edges on their melee stuff is. Why take a step backwards into chainsaw territory?

As for warglaives, I'm *really* hoping that OP meant the polearm rather than the fantasy throwing weapon

We already have 2 energy based swords they are called the Plasma sword and Gram.

Chain sword, segmented or basic a chainsaw? Both are copyright infringements one being Gamesworkshop the other is Namco.

Warglaives, I'm assuming warcraft on this one. Again another copyright infringement only this time its Blizzard and they are insanely aggressive when it come to their property so I don't think DE wants to tangle with them. Of course you could mean a spear weapon and you just worded it badly but I'm willing to put money on on my first assumption.

hi 1:with chain swords i  mean short broad swords that are attached on the tennos arm by chains like in god of war ( im going to edit the first post in this thread tomorrow) 

2: lightsabers are a bad idea.....okay...

3: with warglaives i dont mean trowing weapons i mean warglaives like the warglaives of azzinoth from wow.

4:And i got another idea for a new weapon : a throwing hammer that looks like Thors hammer ....

We already have 2 energy based swords they are called the Plasma sword and Gram.

Chain sword, segmented or basic a chainsaw? Both are copyright infringements one being Gamesworkshop the other is Namco.

Warglaives, I'm assuming warcraft on this one. Again another copyright infringement only this time its Blizzard and they are insanely aggressive when it come to their property so I don't think DE wants to tangle with them. Of course you could mean a spear weapon and you just worded it badly but I'm willing to put money on on my first assumption.

And ps. its only a copyright problem if you use original models textures and names ...!!!

Yeah, but the Grineer already have energy weapons - at least I'm assuming that's what the glowy edges on their melee stuff is. Why take a step backwards into chainsaw territory?

As for warglaives, I'm *really* hoping that OP meant the polearm rather than the fantasy throwing weapon

I always thought that the glowing edges on grineer melee was heated metal.

Have you forgotten the Grineer already have a chainsaw whip, and the Tenno already have said "fantasy throwing weapon", literally called the Glaive?

The warglaives that that one elf guy uses? hmm... Oversized blades? check. Involves spinning attacks? check. Has a brooding demeanor? check and check. Hey! You've got the Kronen.

As for chainswords, I'm sure DE could make SOMETHING like it without bringing up a copyright infringment, though in fairness we just need a better machete since they're--in practice within Warframe's gameplay--going to be the same thing. As for lightsabers, they are just swords made of a high output of energy that hum. It's being a Jedi/Sith that make them cool, right? And we're Tenno, we already HAVE powers.

And no, to my knowledge, the Grineer do not have energy weapons aside from the laser flyer in Archwing missions.

The warglaives that that one elf guy uses? hmm... Oversized blades? check. Involves spinning attacks? check. Has a brooding demeanor? check and check. Hey! You've got the Kronen.

As for chainswords, I'm sure DE could make SOMETHING like it without bringing up a copyright infringment, though in fairness we just need a better machete since they're--in practice within Warframe's gameplay--going to be the same thing. As for lightsabers, they are just swords made of a high output of energy that hum. It's being a Jedi/Sith that make them cool, right? And we're Tenno, we already HAVE powers.

And no, to my knowledge, the Grineer do not have energy weapons aside from the laser flyer in Archwing missions.

hi youre right with the warglaives...but they would be an cool alternative for the kronen !.   im going to write more info about them tomorrow (6.11) 

hi youre right with the warglaives but if ya dont use original names textures and models ya wont get copyright problems.......