Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

We Need Mod Balancing Badly

Netheroc

The most fundamental mods im talking about is Point blank and Pressure point in comparison to Serration and Hornet strike. Please buff those to be on par, so rank 10 mods with equal % increase numbers.

Elemental mods. Its been discussed so often why those are not balanced. Rifle and Shotgun have 90% increase across all elementals, why do Pistol and Melee mods lack that? And why are you adding fuel to the fire with the release of the Archwing melee electrical damage mod "Galvanized blade", which adds 60% while all other elementals add 120%?. Please balance those out already. Im tired of having to use Voltaic strike or Focus energy while i really dont care about status chance or channeling mechanic. But shocking touch is just not worth its 11 required capacity.

Status mods. Self-explanatory. Nobody will use those in the way they are at the moment, ever.

Magazine size and max ammo mods. Another bag of useless mods nobody will ever use, because they are just not worth sacrificing a damage mod for.

The most fundamental mods im talking about is Point blank and Pressure point in comparison to Serration and Hornet strike. Please buff those to be on par, so rank 10 mods with equal % increase numbers.

Same with Hornet Strike and Magnum Force. Serration and Heavy Calibur have the exact same dmg increase. But Magnum Force and Hornet Strike do not. Though its (Magnum Force) a R10 mod, its not worth using because it doesn't provide much dmg. I rather just use another elemental now. Why not mirror the stats of Hornet Strike with Magnum Force and just add -ve accuracy?

I don't understand why EVERYTHING has to be Multiplicative.

Why not make the Status Mods additive instead? +20% chance on a weapon that has a low status chance anyways? Sure! That makes that weapon more attractive. It would actually give more of a boost to low status weapons than high status ones.

Since we have basically two +Status mods for each weapon type, why not make one Additive and the other Multiplicative, that way you can choose which you wanna do?

And also lolIntruder just got a hefty nerf with U15 -- It is now 100% useless on Grineer as the Grineer puzzles don't even have a timer to them whatsoever. Why not change Intruder to give you one tier less difficult puzzle instead for those people who are cheapskates that don't feel like using ciphers? Just make it take 2-4 capacity points and have it no ranks and make it reduce puzzle difficulty by 1 tier.

Yeah, I agree that some of the mod bonuses and what they cost are still puzzling to me.  The worst part is that it destroys game play.  There is no reason why a magazine, reload, or fire rate mod should be inferior to a damage mod.  They all effect game play and the effect is a personal matter of choice.  They all factor into DPS.  But, regardless of DPS, people can get bored with a weapon.  If they can achieve the same result with a different feel, they'll be happy where they otherwise wouldn't.  Why arbitrarily make people unhappy?  This looks like a situation where DE could effortlessly make people happy but instead have done the opposite and I have no clue why DE persists in doing so.

And I don't understand why people get upset by base damage mods existing, or being a certain number, or being multiplicative rather than additive.  It's all besides the point.  The point is game play and choice.  Having great offense and great defense allows one to get the offense/defense mix they want.  You can trade off great defense for great offense to make a great glass canon, or visa versa for a tank, or anything inbetween.  And the enemy factors into this as the other half of the equation.  But that is only possible if the range of bonuses is great.  And it's just a matter of taste.  It's all a matter of game pace, choice, opinion.  I don't see why players get upset with other people's tastes to the point that they want to eradicate them from the universe.  I don't see why players are so intolerant of other player's play styles that they can't ask a developer to just make and preserve a corner of the game world for them to enjoy without destroying everybody's else's corners.  Corners are interesting, a flat earth is not.

So much game play destruction by players and developers and for what I can't understand.

Edited by ThePresident777

Elemental mods. Its been discussed so often why those are not balanced. Rifle and Shotgun have 90% increase across all elementals, why do Pistol and Melee mods lack that? And why are you adding fuel to the fire with the release of the Archwing melee electrical damage mod "Galvanized blade", which adds 60% while all other elementals add 120%?. Please balance those out already. Im tired of having to use Voltaic strike or Focus energy while i really dont care about status chance or channeling mechanic. But shocking touch is just not worth its 11 required capacity.

Status mods. Self-explanatory. Nobody will use those in the way they are at the moment, ever.

Magazine size and max ammo mods. Another bag of useless mods nobody will ever use, because they are just not worth sacrificing a damage mod for.

"Balancing of mods."

Another phrase that gets thrown around like it means something.

Please feel free to mention what it is that won't die in seconds already with the mods and guns and abilities that you have already, without getting extra damage on more of your guns.

This game revolves around the Solar map, with the next step being the Void missions when you get "better" gear in order to try and get Prime guns or Frame if amongst those there is one you want or you simply want all the bling for collecting.

Archwing is specifically keeping the damage potential LOWER so everyone is on par. Are you serious? You don't want balance then, you just like seeing pretty numbers. If DE had in fact made the Archwings numbers bigger, it would mean enlarging the gap between damage from players with no mods or no points in mods, and people with maxed mods.

You really want powerful players having a damage output 10 times starting players in Archwing? Did you not just ask for "balance"? Do you even know what that means?

Yeah, I agree that some of the mod bonuses and what they cost are still puzzling to me.  The worst part is that it destroys game play.  There is no reason why a magazine, reload, or fire rate mod should be inferior to a damage mod.  They all effect game play and the effect is a personal matter of choice.  They all factor into DPS.  But, regardless of DPS, people can get bored with a weapon.  If they can achieve the same result with a different feel, they'll be happy where they otherwise wouldn't.  Why arbitrarily make people unhappy?  This looks like a situation where DE could effortlessly make people happy but instead have done the opposite and I have no clue why DE persists in doing so.

And I don't understand why people get upset by base damage mods existing, or being a certain number, or being multiplicative rather than additive.  It's all besides the point.  The point is game play and choice.  Having great offense and great defense allows one to get the offense/defense mix they want.  You can trade off great defense for great offense to make a great glass canon, or visa versa for a tank, or anything inbetween.  And the enemy factors into this as the other half of the equation.  But that is only possible if the range of bonuses is great.  And it's just a matter of taste.  It's all a matter of game pace, choice, opinion.  I don't see why players get upset with other people's tastes to the point that they want to eradicate them from the universe.  I don't see why players are so intolerant of other player's play styles that they can't ask a developer to just make and preserve a corner of the game world for them to enjoy without destroying everybody's else's corners.  Corners are interesting, a flat earth is not.

So much game play destruction by players and developers and for what I can't understand.

This is exactly the kind of thinking that's needed! +1k!

Warframe has been filled to the brim with useless mods for like a year and DE has taken precisely zero steps in making them balanced, so as much as I support this I don't think they'll ever do it.

It wouldn't be hard to adjust the numbers so that all mods are worthwhile and none are obligatory, but they won't even talk about it.

You'll have basically 90% of the community agree with you when pressured into forming an honest opinion (and yet you'll have 70% of the community harrass you for posting feedback that would imply DE could do better). Mods DO need balancing, according to most Tenno.

However, the Developers have outright said that mods are fine the way they are and their idea of "balancing them" is generally tinkering with the crap that's already there. I really don't think they'll ever change them.

"Balancing of mods."

Another phrase that gets thrown around like it means something.

Please feel free to mention what it is that won't die in seconds already with the mods and guns and abilities that you have already, without getting extra damage on more of your guns.

This game revolves around the Solar map, with the next step being the Void missions when you get "better" gear in order to try and get Prime guns or Frame if amongst those there is one you want or you simply want all the bling for collecting.

Archwing is specifically keeping the damage potential LOWER so everyone is on par. Are you serious? You don't want balance then, you just like seeing pretty numbers. If DE had in fact made the Archwings numbers bigger, it would mean enlarging the gap between damage from players with no mods or no points in mods, and people with maxed mods.

You really want powerful players having a damage output 10 times starting players in Archwing? Did you not just ask for "balance"? Do you even know what that means?

Last time i checked, mods are the core system in upgrading our weapons. And what nonsense are you talking about, Archwing elemental mods numbers ARE bigger than normal weapons. 120>90 as far as i know.  And players that played the game like 200 hours already should get better stuff and deal more damage than new players, i dont see why not? Its PvE focused, there is no "beginners have to be able to take out veterans" in this game. And i just dont see a point having one elemental mod only add half of the damage every other elemental mod does, for the same mod capacity. Do you? My understanding of "balance" is that you bring all mods to an equal level of usefulness. Imagine it with the picture of a libra, put Serration on one side, Rifle aptitude on the other. Which one do you think will go down because its more significant, literally having weight in your build?

Edited by Netheroc

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Warm_Coat

I find it easier to enjoy this game if you accept that a lot of things are just going to be unbalanced, with some things being useless and others being borderline required to be viable.

Its not about enjoying game.

Its about making stupid @$$ decisions that doesnt make any sense, accepting them will lead to even worse decisions(look at quests) and then even worse decisions(look boss drops then lephantis then vayhek).

Everytime you accept something you state "its great i want more of it" so instead of blindly accepting bad decisions you should actually fight them.

Edited by Davoodoo

Its not about enjoying game.

Its about making stupid @$$ decisions that doesnt make any sense, accepting them will lead to even worse decisions(look at quests) and then even worse decisions(look boss drops then lephantis then vayhek).

Everytime you accept something you state "its great i want more of it" so instead of blindly accepting bad decisions you should actually fight them.

This is what im trying to say over so many posts. People just take whatever DE gives them, being blind to the fact that they push their luck more and more.