Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Engine? Or Warframe 2?

Decebalvs

The graphics in Destiny actually aren't that great, at least from a technical standpoint. They are hugely mired down by the decision to make the game for 4 different platforms (2 of which are old) at the same time. I'd actually say they are on par with Halo4, great for the 360...not so much for anything else. The horrific way cloth is handled, or instance, is probably the most obvious limitation Destiny suffers from, but there is much more.

Destiny only looks as good as it does because Bungie are masters of concept art, and impressive set-piece sky boxes. But that is merely a matter of art design, not what their engine can do.

I hate to be that guy, but I honestly have a lot of trouble seeing how the two games are similar outside of the fact that they're both science-fiction and have lots of guns.

i would argue that you DONT hate being "that guy" but whatevs

i guess you prolly also cant see the similarities between Warframe and the other dungeons crawlers it takes notes from, like Diablo/PoE/Torchlight or the modern MOBA trend of 4-powers and different unique characters, or other FPS/3PS run-n-gun shooters like Borderlands

if you cannot see the similarities and/or their common ideas/concepts, then i doubt anything else i say will have much impact