Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Limbo And Other Wf Oddities

(PSN)Lowk721

There once was a Tenno who did not want to be represented by an animal motif. No, he was a gentleman and scholar. So upon the day of his framing, his day where his power would be shaped he delivered upon his orokin master an inquiry. 

"Is it possible to be as I am. A man of tricks and flair, as that is what I play on the world around me. Let it be that my stealth be in my unassuming apparel, so that the surprise of my power is all the more effective. Something classy."

And as they begun the procedure, with him out of ear shot they pondered. Finally one orokin said to the other.

"How about something magicky?"
"Like a wizard?"
"No, he said tricks. Let's go with a stage magician."

"What should we add sp that'll make it seem a bit strange?"
"Yes yes. Like we did with Loki's puffy pants. Trinity's tail. Or Rhino uncomfortably large erm, piece."

"..... A hat!"

And So. Limbo.

Out of curiosity, has any other Frames gotten the kind of reaction that Limbo seems to be getting? Or is this new?

Also what are some strange bits you find about about warframes? Personally I find Loki's puffy pant a little odd. For some reason I just want them to be even.

EDIT

Bonus question: what do you think was going through the Orokin's minds when making the frames?

Edited by (PS4)Lowk721

Out of curiosity, has any other Frames gotten the kind of reaction that Limbo seems to be getting? Or is this new?

Also what are some strange bits you find about about warframes? Personally I find Loki's puffy pant a little odd. For some reason I just want them to be even.

EDIT

Bonus question: what do you think was going through the Orokin's minds when making the frames?

I thought they made Tennos like this:

http://youtu.be/c6bEs3dxjPg?t=1m30s

Edited by Dseaver

EDIT

this one will look literally like a giant bird, and thus Zephyr

this one needs ornaments on his shoulder and horns on his helmet, and thus Oberon

this one needs to go to an event gala, and thus limbo

I mean, really! what kind of freak engineer/designer is making these space battle suits?

Edited by 7grims

The frames themselves are probably formless/vanilla at first and when the "pilot" rides them, their personality seeps through and shapes the appearance and their skills to whatever they thing they would look like. For example, Ember is a hot headed sexy lass, hence the hardcore appearance, Nyx and Excal have the same sense of "duty" and "justice" making their similar frames very plain and practical. Limbo was probably just a fun loving physicist who loves magic and harlequin girls.

this one needs ornaments on his shoulder and horns on his helmet, and thus Oberon

I mean, really! what kind of freak engineer/designer is making these space battle suits?

One aspect of war is the psychological.  Fear.

We have people in suits capable of throwing fire, controlling your mind, phasing into another dimension.  But that is not enough.  Fear is a powerful tool, be it Loki, with his horns, and his speed, and the ability to dissapear.  Rhino who is a literal walking tank. Or Limbo who can casually stroll through your ship, cane in one hand and sipping tea, before he lays waste to your forces, one, by, one.

And the enemy knows this, and they can prepare, but when your on a patrol and your partner dies with a sword through his throat, and a glowing, horned man steps out of the shadows that you JUST passed and no one was there.  You will be afraid.

Or it could be to just look cool.

The frames themselves are probably formless/vanilla at first and when the "pilot" rides them, their personality seeps through and shapes the appearance and their skills to whatever they thing they would look like. For example, Ember is a hot headed sexy lass, hence the hardcore appearance, Nyx and Excal have the same sense of "duty" and "justice" making their similar frames very plain and practical. Limbo was probably just a fun loving physicist who loves magic and harlequin girls.

How can they be formless if we have to assemple them with blueprints o_O

Blueprints of the originals...?

"their personality seeps through and shapes the appearance and their skills to whatever they thing they would look like"

Which is it, then?  Every Tenno after the first group just.. has no personality?

"their personality seeps through and shapes the appearance and their skills to whatever they thing they would look like"

Which is it, then?  Every Tenno after the first group just.. has no personality?

Seems too edgy for me also.

If every frame was based on personality, we would have extreme customization options. Frames probably have those look because of being twisted by Void energy. Being catalysts and such.

We have people in suits capable of throwing fire, controlling your mind, phasing into another dimension.  But that is not enough.  Fear is a powerful tool, be it Loki, with his horns, and his speed, and the ability to dissapear.  Rhino who is a literal walking tank. Or Limbo who can casually stroll through your ship, cane in one hand and sipping tea, before he lays waste to your forces, one, by, one.

And the enemy knows this, and they can prepare, but when your on a patrol and your partner dies with a sword through his throat, and a glowing, horned man steps out of the shadows that you JUST passed and no one was there.  You will be afraid.

Reminds me of the Space Marines a little bit. 

"The uniforms of the Imperial Guard are camouflaged in order to protect their wearers by hiding them from sight. The principle is that what the enemy cannot see he cannot kill. This is not the way of the Adeptus Astartes. A Space Marine’s armour is bright with heraldry that proclaims his devotion to his Chapter and the beloved Emperor of Mankind. Our principle is that what the enemy can see, he will soon learn to fear…"

Or it could be to just look cool.

Yeah I guess that being the case they didn't really have to go about focusing on making them look menacing. or reasonable, lol lobster tail.

Geuss that also helps their social life. Seeing as these people apparently spend most of their lives in suits. Probably a good thing that they aren't encased in an emotionless stormtrooper armor or some monstrous battle armor... Poor Nekros though. I guess they could have always recolored it.

Edited by (PS4)Lowk721

His name is Mynki.  Do not anger him.

Do you not understand?

The original frames were just blank at first, then the original pilots rode them, eventually shaping them, some (since there would be many more warframes) of the frames but not all were researched, development of the blueprints came from those research, these blueprints are what we buy/farm for. The Tenno (us) after have personality based off customization but the original pilots dominate the "shape/personality/powers" of the frames hence the colorful stances, inherent powers, gender (boobs), etc.

Edit: This also accounts for Novas super plain and doll like form. She had enough time to configure her "powers" but never had enough time to be fully shaped. Her current form is possibly the closest to a blank frame that's not actually a blank frame.

Edited by TheLocalHentai