Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Best Assault Rifle

crazymax

isnt hek a shotgun? at least it looks like one.

Yes its a shotgun, right now the best assault rifles are the Braton and Gorgon. Braton is good all around but the Gorgon seems to decimate everything it comes cross. Gonna have to fire in burst at long ranges though.

HEK is by far the strongest weapon in game. Gorgon is awesome for the lower level content and really packs out some facerolling once you find damage and ammo mods for it. Latron feels like a bad version of the Snipetron and LEX is the most amazing headshot pistol there is, especially if you get 100% multishot on it (instakills).

Gorgon is the rifle you want to bring on Boss runs. The sheer damage output of the weapon is absolutely necessary to take on current bosses; most of whom are just buffed normal enemies that you take down in a DPS race. For that purpose, the Gorgon is best because it does the most damage per shot. The down side of the weapon is that it is very inaccruate and wasteful to use against normal enemies, if you're playing solo.

I actually miss the Braton after having bought the Gorgon. Not because the Braton does more damage, but because I'm one of those people that finds it more satisfying to have my bullets hit what I'm aiming at, and the Braton is very accruate when tap fired. Using the Gorgon in regular solo missions, I find I run out of bullets half way through, even when tap firing it. This is because while, it only takes 2 or 3 shots to kill something, it takes 6 or 7 shots to land the 2 or 3 shots needed to kill anything at medium range or farther.

I have not tried the Latron or Burston, but I have not heard many good things about the Burston. The Latron is semi-auto and it would seem the Lex may be a better sniping alternative, since it does more damage per shot and still lets you carry another weapon to take on heavy class enemies. If you decide to go with Latron, I would suggest you use Aklatos or Bronco as your side arm, as you're going to want a high DPS weapon when you get swarmed.

Me and my friend have been trying the Latron, and he swears by it.

I think the Latron is a pretty nice gun and really rewards good aim, but I always have prefered shotguns (must be TF2 that spoiled me) so I went back to my shotgun and am currently waiting for the next 20 hours to pass until I finish building my Hek.

My friend claims he is hitting around 90 dmg per hit with his Latron (headshots on G lancers and moas, and bodyshots on crewmen), and I trust him as he mows down groups of enemies with that thing, usually before I get in range for my shotgun. He has gotten it to level 26 at last I checked, and he two shots everything, and fires about as fast as the newbie MK1-Braton does as standard.

I have also got a level 20 Braton and that thing is a beast let me tell you. I got lucky with mods and have penetration and a lot of good damage mods too. When a group is running at me, that thing cuts them down in seconds.

Still, I find that it eats through ammo way too fast for my liking and end up usually having to resort to using my sidearm when I am 1/2 or 3/4 of the way through missions.

I barely ever have issues with ammo with the Latron and the shotgun. They are very ammo efficient.

Latron is very under appreciated imo.

If you give it some proper mods, the thing becomes a pure out beast. I can 1-2 hit any high level monsters with ease. My fire rate is extremeley good, and this gun WILL reward people who can aim good.

I have yet and probably wont find anything better.

i have the burston i like it but it seems to have a few issues with firing and trying to reload afterwards i have to hit R a few times to get it to reload might be lag? i like it but my dual pistols do better but idk what to replace it with and can't see some of these locked xp gun stats any reccomendations?

I have tried the Braton, Latron, Gorgon, Burston and MK1 Braton. I like the Braton (not MK1) the most. I think it handles most situations better than any of the others, the Gorgon is better for bosses though. The Latron might be good but It's almost a sniper, which I dislike.

The Burston doesn't gain any accuracy by using bursts. The bullets go all over the place, I think the Gorgon might be more accurate. If you want to fire in bursts you can do it with the Braton by just tapping the button, and you still have the option to go full automatic if you need to.

For shotguns, I have only tried the Bronco so I can't give an opinion on them.

i have the burston i like it but it seems to have a few issues with firing and trying to reload afterwards i have to hit R a few times to get it to reload might be lag? i like it but my dual pistols do better but idk what to replace it with and can't see some of these locked xp gun stats any reccomendations?

You have to stop moving to reload the Burston. Another reason why the Braton is better in my opinion. Edited by TinyRaccoon

Latron is very under appreciated imo.

If you give it some proper mods, the thing becomes a pure out beast. I can 1-2 hit any high level monsters with ease. My fire rate is extremeley good, and this gun WILL reward people who can aim good.

I have yet and probably wont find anything better.

This. I don't like the idea of using an OP gun, the Latron gives me a good gun that rewards me for shooting weak spots.

All weapons need:

- lvl

- proper and good mods

- know how to play it.

Im using Latron, have 3 multishoots mods (100%, 99%, 95%), +25% armor piercing dmg, 99% critical dmg with 24% Electricity dmg... what i see on mobs .. a tons of numbers ;].. with aiming its pain in &#! for mobs on a long distance.. without aiming its like a shootgun .. love it...

Now i try some difrient weapons.. burston its ok on close and mid range.. on long range its hard to kill someone in one shoot ;]..

Braton eat ammo like a hell ;] small younger brother of gorgon ;].

I preffer more precision less shooting .. killing in 1-3 shoots .. not a half mag.

Ok so i just bought gorgon and tried it out. Truefully, i dont like the weapon because of that weird "the more u press the faster the gun shoots" thing and makes it a spray and pray gun, and as u all know rifle ammo is hard to find.

ill keep it in my inventory just in case i change my mind.

All weapons need:

- lvl

- proper and good mods

- know how to play it.

Im using Latron, have 3 multishoots mods (100%, 99%, 95%), +25% armor piercing dmg, 99% critical dmg with 24% Electricity dmg... what i see on mobs .. a tons of numbers ;].. with aiming its pain in &#! for mobs on a long distance.. without aiming its like a shootgun .. love it...

Now i try some difrient weapons.. burston its ok on close and mid range.. on long range its hard to kill someone in one shoot ;]..

Braton eat ammo like a hell ;] small younger brother of gorgon ;].

I preffer more precision less shooting .. killing in 1-3 shoots .. not a half mag.

Barton is really good once you get it upgraded, it kills in 5-8 bullets if you aim for the face even if you go full auto. But that only once it upgraded :P.

Ok so i just bought gorgon and tried it out. Truefully, i dont like the weapon because of that weird "the more u press the faster the gun shoots" thing and makes it a spray and pray gun, and as u all know rifle ammo is hard to find.

ill keep it in my inventory just in case i change my mind.

I'm only holding onto it for boss runs. Truthfully I don't like it at all. There is no skill or elegence behind it. It is as you've said, just spray n' pray. I will probably sell it off once I manage to get a Hek.

Psyren i belive..but still in single bullet it hmm.. is not so powerful like a Latron or Burston... i try lvl burston to 30 and put all my Latron mods to it and i just image how many numbers ill see when one burst - 3 bullets- go to the target ;]

i hope in this game will be a tons of difrents weapons..

Edited by Dreed