Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Syndicate Ability Augments

APBladeX

Why do syndicate ability augments have to be put on warframes like a mod, therefore consuming a mod slot? What was the point of removing ability mods then? Augments should be attachable to your warframe/weapon or something, not in the form of a mod.

yes i agree, i don't think i'll ever use those mods, we "gained" 2 slots but now we have to loose them again to get those augmentations?... imo it's just a bad design decision.

Well, some people don't have a mod in a mod slot that they use. 

I, for example, will put Smoke Shadow in my B mod loadout to help out my team mates get some breathing room as well as having them have the increased stealth melee multiplier.

One thing I've noticed is the Augment mods are very much like the Focus System that DE talked about before. I'm hoping they aren't replacing it as it really was an awesome idea. In any case, I personally believe an Augment slot wouldn't be a bad thing, but Augments would have to take up more mod points, as some of us actually have too many points to burn through use of forma. (I don't know how much maxed augments cost actually, so they might be just right? -shrugs-)

On the flip side, like all modding Augment Mods force you to make a choice: Do I take the extra utility granted by augmenting a power I have for free, losing a mod slot or do I take the bonuses the mod gives my warframe?

Say, for example, you are using redirection and vitality. These can be circumvented, to a lesser degree, by a Vigor mod taking up 1 slot. The other slot could be freed up for anything, including an Augment Mod.

Another suggestion, made above, is to make several loadouts where one has an augment and another doesn't, depending on what the augment does. Many are focused toward team play rather than solo play. A Volt seeking more teamplay capacity would have a loadout without the augment for playing with fewer people or alone and a second one with the augment so shock grants the bonus electricity damage then, sacrificing a different mod in the hopes teammates can make up where he is lacking. (or she)

One thing I've noticed is the Augment mods are very much like the Focus System that DE talked about before. I'm hoping they aren't replacing it as it really was an awesome idea. In any case, I personally believe an Augment slot wouldn't be a bad thing, but Augments would have to take up more mod points, as some of us actually have too many points to burn through use of forma. (I don't know how much maxed augments cost actually, so they might be just right? -shrugs-)

On the flip side, like all modding Augment Mods force you to make a choice: Do I take the extra utility granted by augmenting a power I have for free, losing a mod slot or do I take the bonuses the mod gives my warframe?

Say, for example, you are using redirection and vitality. These can be circumvented, to a lesser degree, by a Vigor mod taking up 1 slot. The other slot could be freed up for anything, including an Augment Mod.

Another suggestion, made above, is to make several loadouts where one has an augment and another doesn't, depending on what the augment does. Many are focused toward team play rather than solo play. A Volt seeking more teamplay capacity would have a loadout without the augment for playing with fewer people or alone and a second one with the augment so shock grants the bonus electricity damage then, sacrificing a different mod in the hopes teammates can make up where he is lacking. (or she)

Yes an augment slot would be perfect, when more augment mods eventually come out we will have to choose.

So basically, you all want actions with zero consequences.

Either equip the mod and specialize your frame in one aspect and lose some power in another, or just don't equip them.

You clearly haven't seen what augments do, most of them "benefit" your allies, not yourself, for example, i main an Oberon, and giving my ally temporal radiation damage is not very appealing to me compared to the mods i can fit into my frame now that before update 15 didn't have room.

And in my opinion a well built, reliable competant frame used by a skilled player is always more helpful than temporary radiation damage...

You clearly haven't seen what augments do, most of them "benefit" your allies, not yourself, for example, i main an Oberon, and giving my ally temporal radiation damage is not very appealing to me compared to the mods i can fit into my frame now that before update 15 didn't have room.

And in my opinion a well built, reliable competant frame used by a skilled player is always more helpful than temporary radiation damage...

I personally think the damage buffing augments are just the first wave for the 'elemental' warframes. They're more than likely going to get augments for other abilities as well. I'd personally like to see an augment for Hallowed Ground. Wonder what they'd do with that!

I fail to see why people keep trying to play up the whole "it takes up a mod slot" aspect. It's really not a big issue.

When the patch hit and we had two more mod slots, I just threw on all of my defensive mods because I had nothing better to fill the gap that would help the relevant frames. Almost all my frames have Vitality, Redirection, Vigor, and Flow/Natural Talent, simply because there's nothing better to put there. Several of those mods are just luxuries and are easily replaced if and when I get the relevant augments.

It's really not difficult to free up a mod slot. Stop trying to make it seem like it is.

I fail to see why people keep trying to play up the whole "it takes up a mod slot" aspect. It's really not a big issue.

When the patch hit and we had two more mod slots, I just threw on all of my defensive mods because I had nothing better to fill the gap that would help the relevant frames. Almost all my frames have Vitality, Redirection, Vigor, and Flow/Natural Talent, simply because there's nothing better to put there. Several of those mods are just luxuries and are easily replaced if and when I get the relevant augments.

It's really not difficult to free up a mod slot. Stop trying to make it seem like it is.

It will become an issue when every ability has an augment, some will be too good to pass up, and some already are. Bringing us back to the beginning where only the good augments are used, the rest are trash fodder, and your frame won't be invited unless you have this specific augment. Also, not everyone just put on luxury mods into their frames, the space was needed. Since we basically have more ability mods, we effectively lost two slots. You're the minority voice here, just because it isn't difficult solely to you does not mean it isn't a hassle for everyone else.