Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Not Adding Imperator Mechanics To Gorgon/supra?

Phoenix86

Just sayin'

especially for the Supra it would fit perfectly since it's an "energy weapon" but since it works on Imperator, which shoots bullets i guess we can say it's "logical" that it works on Gorgon too (Wraith version aswell ofc)

I'm talking about the recharge mechanic obviously,

let's get rid of the reload and add that new "cooldown/refill" feature to them!

They will still be crap but at least they will feel a bit more like LMG/HMG...

Just sayin'

As long as it still has limited ammo, I'll agree with the Supra.

Not so much for the Gorgon.

Well, as i've said in the opening post, i tought the same about the Gorgon but then i realized that Imperator is the same and it has the feature...

and that we were able to carry 540 rockets till not so long ago... so screw that "logic"... 

since Gorgon works the same it also suffers from the same "problems" therefore this "solution" should be applied to it too ;)

@Sixty5: yeah, i know :p

while an interresting suggestion you seem to miss the point why the imperator  (and the corvas) have regenerating ammo. there arent any munition pickups in the archwing missions. I would go more for a belt-fed kind of feel where the ammo you pick up in a mission if apropriate (mutators etc) go into a reservoir of bullets so you dont have to reload but are still not encouraged to stop and start every time you run out

Because it's a heavy weapon

and...? heavy = regenerate bullets? 

in a different gamemode

you do the same thing in every gamemode: kill the bad guys

on a frame-type equip slot

uhuh? it's in the primary weapon slot

It is not a warframe weapon

afaik we are shooting it... not our archwings

it is not used outside of archwing

you got a point here

and is unlimited for a reason

which is... ?

it's not like they couldnt put pickup ammos in space... they decided to do so.

they could, they didnt because it works well with its reload/refill mechanic

Edited by Phoenix86

I think the assertion that this change MUST also accompany limited ammo is false. Yeaaah everyone wants ammo in the game but all it's done for gameplay is create hurdles.

Hit that 40 minute wall in T4? Damn that sucks. WOULD ALSO SUCK IF YOU RAN OUT OF AMMO AND HAD TO RUN AROUND LIKE AN IDIOT JUST TO KEEP GOING AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

zzZZzz... People just can't conceptualize or welcome change impulsively. Ammo is a concept that creates adveristy and this "adversity" ONLY poses a problem for endless game modes like survival and defence or when you're using a low level weapon and the ammo stops you from bloody leveling it.

No. Ammo is barely logical within Warframe as it is. I see no reason why the Supra MUST have ammo. They say that some aspects of realism can have negative impacts on gameplay. In this case I would whole-heartidly agree.

-

Because pickups in space would be messy and difficult and annoying

It's in a different gamemode outside of normal warframe gameplay

It's in a different slot, on an entirely different type of control frame, not on a warframe

At least try and understand what I'm saying

@Phoenix86
The reason that you need automatically regenerating ammo in space is this:
Good luck finding the ammo boxes if they did drop.  And even if you could see them, good luck being able to run into them accurately enough to register a pickup.

You know already how hard it is to detect a mod in that game mode.  And those things glow brightly with light particles.
Take an ammo box that doesn't glow and toss those out there in space and see how well they stand out and how possible it would be to actually recover your ammo using them.

They removed ammo from the equation for space missions because it would simply be too frustrating to use the guns in that mode if they had ammo pickups.

IF we wanted infinite ammo for the supra/gorgon(wraith) we would either have to take a large hit to accuracy, damage, or the ammo regen would take so long that we would wish we could just pick up the plentiful ammo boxes that happen to be laying everywhere, meaning it would actually be a decrease in usability because now you cant fire it as much as you used to be able to.
Otherwise it would be unbalanced.
The Supra/Grgron(wraith) aren't terrible weapons and work quite well in later missions.  Even void.
Giving them infinite ammo would just be silly and would require major draw-backs to balance it out.

The nerfs required to balance a weapon after giving it infinite ammo would not be worth it

You dont think the mediocre damage, inaccuracy, slow bolt speed, non existant status and crit chance isnt enough?

Edited by VikingoX

You dont think the mediocre damage, inaccuracy, slow bolt speed, non existant status and crit chance isnt enough?

No.

that's where we disagree i guess...

i find both weapons underused and sub-par, an "upgrade" like this would allow them to become somewhat "enjoynable and desiderable" to me and they would not be OP nor greater than the current top weapons.

they would simply become better.

ya better not make things better... they might hurt the better ones

that's where we disagree i guess...

i find both weapons underused and sub-par, an "upgrade" like this would allow them to become somewhat "enjoynable and desiderable" to me and they would not be OP nor greater than the current top weapons.

they would simply become better.

ya better not make things better... they might hurt the better ones

Right. Have unlimited ammo. So you can sit in a corner forever.

You'll never need to find pickups. You'll never need to use other weapons.

Nobody will ever need other weapons anyway because unlimited ammo ones will be superior.

Archwing has unlimited regenerating ammo because of how it is designed. 

Pickups WOULD NOT WORK given the speed and scale of the mode.

It's a crap idea and is the reason limited ammunition is a thing.