The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Suggestion] Please Look Into The Drop Rates Of Certain Mods

cyrus106

There is obviously something wrong with drop rates. Don't take me wrong - I LOVE the fact that rare mods are actually rare - it means you will have something to look forward to getting for quite a long time - I only recently got my Split Chamber and boy do I love it.

The real issue isn't that DE is evil, sitting up there controlling RNG gods like string puppets - it's that warframe abilities are in the pool. WHY do we need them? They all have only 3 levels, so I'm pretty sure everyone maxes them out within an hour of playing their new frame.

Those numbers exclude fusion cores.

As of right now there are 128 mods total: 70 weapon/warframe mods, 10 sentinel mods and 48 ability mods.

In weapons/warframe mods we have 20 commons, 33 uncommons, and 17 rares.

In Sentinels, we have 9 commons and 1 uncommon.

In Abilities, we have 12 commons, 12 uncommons, and 24 rares (This may be off - I don't have all warframes, but I assume they follow the scheme of 1 common, 1 uncommon, and 2 rares per frame)

Abilities and Sentinels cominbed give us 21 commons, 13 uncommons, and 24 rares.

So it's 70"useful" vs 58"crap" mods. 

20C vs 21C

33U vs 13U

17R vs 24R

If someone wants to more in depth with those numbers and calculate raw percentage chances feel free - it's 9AM after sleepless night for me, so I'm not going there.

Point being - about 45% of the entire mod loot table are things pretty much nobody wants after their first ~5 hours. It REALLY throws it all off, making you feel like you never get anything useful, or you're stuck in a loop of getting only warframe abilities for a long time. But it doesn't excuse what this thread is about - the extreme abundance of abilities like Fireball, Mind Control, and Shurikens, of which I have tons myself at the end of every day.

To quote a certain fellow - it just ain't right.

My simple idea, which I'm pretty sure a lot of people will disagree with - kick out abilities from the pool, and just slightly decrease the overall chance that sexy giant fusion core will pop out of an enemy.

Edited by Shardi

Yeah, there's something wrong with the drop table. Common abilities for each warframe should have the same chance to drop right? Yet I don't remember if I've ever seen a Mag's pull for example. I'm starting to think that I maxed out my Pull with fusion cores. Nyx's mind control on the other hand? Or Fireball? I could equip whole armies of Nyxes and Embers with their first ability maxed out lol.

Someone needs to have a proper look at that drop table. 

Edited by Balerion84

Okay, 113 hours in and I just got my first ever Pistol frost mod.

I do not think 113 hours is a reasonable timeframe, especially for a mod that is uncommon and not rare.

It also took me 100+ hours to get my first Deep Freeze. I`ve got pretty much all rare mods, but that uncommon mod for a pistol just never dropped. 

Yeah rifle and pistol fire and pretty common too.

Still, I disagree. Being in the same session with other players is NEVER going to affect what drops, unless the developers intentionally made that function(and who in the world would do that?). If you have ever written say....a randomizer in a Java program. You know that it should be TRULY random. If I made a Java program generate 4 random variables(think: 4 different players), and then print them out in my command line, they are not going to be the same simply because they are all "running in the same Java program(Think: All in the same game session)". Do you see my point?

Nothing programmatically generated is ever truly random.  It's just psuedo-random.  We can talk about seeds and methodology if you want, I'm sure there's a Wikipedia article to reference, but every RNG is inherently at best psuedo-random.

How specifically DE is doing the random generation of their mod drops makes a big difference in how it drops and if/what is wrong.

I've got lots of common and uncommon mods, but I still get rares now and again.  When U7 first came out, I was getting rares quickly, and consequently I've got all three multishot mods (two for the shotgun).  I feel a bit bad that my good fortune came because of the initial errors in how they generated loot, but not bad enough to give them back. ;)

It would be nice if the RNG was weighted to reflect the kit you are using; using rifles, rifle mods more likely to drop than shotgun. Using ash, more likely to drop ash mods than nyx. Using wyrm, more likely to drop wyrm mods than shade.

This way you would feel like you got drops that were useful to you.

It would be nice if the RNG was weighted to reflect the kit you are using; using rifles, rifle mods more likely to drop than shotgun. Using ash, more likely to drop ash mods than nyx. Using wyrm, more likely to drop wyrm mods than shade.

This way you would feel like you got drops that were useful to you.

I think a simple tweak should do. It would be really hard and complicated to create such a system that detects your gear and would make getting specific gear too easy. Some re-tweaking in the base % values should do a good enough job and still be free with no development costs.

Nothing programmatically generated is ever truly random.  It's just psuedo-random.  We can talk about seeds and methodology if you want, I'm sure there's a Wikipedia article to reference, but every RNG is inherently at best psuedo-random.

How specifically DE is doing the random generation of their mod drops makes a big difference in how it drops and if/what is wrong.

I've got lots of common and uncommon mods, but I still get rares now and again.  When U7 first came out, I was getting rares quickly, and consequently I've got all three multishot mods (two for the shotgun).  I feel a bit bad that my good fortune came because of the initial errors in how they generated loot, but not bad enough to give them back. ;)

Lad, did you read what I was replying to? While I agree with your point, the gent I was responding to stated that "other players" affected my drops, which simply made no sense

edit: 200th post ^_^

Edited by cyrus106

100 hours in, still no Hornet Strike. I've gotten two Flow mods, two Continuity, three or four Ravages, a couple of Sundering Strikes...but no freaking Hornet Strike.

Heck, I only just got a Serration a couple of days ago. Both of those are uncommon. Gimme a break, RNG.

Not sure if it's just my luck, but I've only ever gotten a couple of Fireballs. If I ever see another True Steel, Pistol Gambit, or Point Strike, though, I'm going to go a little crazy.