Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Toggleable Flashlight +Lighting Suggestion

QuasarDecimari

I'm going to keep this suggestion simple.

We could be given the option to toggle a flashlight on and off whenever we want. Some areas arent well lit, and could use a little direct lighting. Flashlights would add a good feature.

As the secondary part of this post:

Thank you so much for the amazing detail put into the lighting of the game. It makes it so much cooler to run around and see!

If I could make a slight suggestion, I think that the energy of our frames should radiate a tad bit more light in a darker area. For example, Volt has little arcs of electricity that run along his arms here and there, which could create small flickering effects of that color in the area around him. Also basic things, such as energy channeling, chould add a bit more lighting of that color.

In all, thanks again for the hard work DE, just asking for the tiny details again :)

I remember this is something we were already in need of way back in U7. Having a flashlight that I can actually turn on any time I want, instead of only when the game wants, would really help seeing in a lot of locations.

Edited by Mcl_BlueMadness

Ya, I've been yelling about light effect improvements for over a year but maybe...just MAYBE after they PBR the whole game they'll fix the lighting. 

Some areas are bright as hell but my frame is still in a dark tone color as if it's no light at all (which shows that they do not use dynamic lighting for the environment just static lighting, which in our time and age should be unforgivable).

And if they do add FULL dynamic lighting, they can also add a disable button for those who can't handle it, since it is indeed pretty resource intensive.

indeed, Id like to see this too. thought actly id like to see it as a slot in the guns themselves, almost like an aura/stance mod jest not giving points. it would be a tactical rail more or less, and pushing the button activates whatever you put on it, be it a flashlight, laser pointer, scanner, or otherwise. stuff that wouldn't directly effect game play per say, so no grenade launchers or ammo dependent stuff, but would add in options and customization for visual effects to interact with the environment or improve how you aim (I would love to remove the recital and have it be a red dot laser from the gun, thought that probably wont happen).

we did have flashlights at one point but they came form our wrists or something. would almost make scents for it to be projected from the helmit of each frame if not the gun now however.

We shouldn't have flashlights, they give away the user's position. What we should have is toggleable night vison/ light amplification. I mean, we're combat cyborgs & it's not as if we're using natural eyeballs to see. It's the distant future and elite cyborg ninjas have to fumble in the dark because our sensory systems don't use technology that's available for civilian use in 2014?

We shouldn't have flashlights, they give away the user's position. What we should have is toggleable night vison/ light amplification. I mean, we're combat cyborgs & it's not as if we're using natural eyeballs to see. It's the distant future and elite cyborg ninjas have to fumble in the dark because our sensory systems don't use technology that's available for civilian use in 2014?

Your point can be handled quite simply. We could even make the flashlights noticable by enemies if needed, but night vision might not happen. I believe this because that would take much more work, and doesn't seem as nice. Might as well just ask for them to flood the rooms with light instead, if you know what I mean.

What's more, is this could be played off of quite nicely. Say a group of tenno get trapped in a room and the power goes out (infested mission), leaving them in almost total darkness? Until the power is restored, they have to defend themselves. This could easily be amplified by giving us flashlights, as it would allow us to see a small area in front of us that we're shooting, but leave the rest in total darkness, thus giving a more terrifying experience.

Edited by QuasarDecimari