Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What If We Had A Clan "reset" Button?

(PSN)Kamranos

I know there are a many Warlords out there in my situation, because I've heard from plenty of them already. What situation you may ask? My clan had a large number of members. Things were going great, then members dropped off to the point where only a handful remain. Recruiting is near impossible because gamer loyalty is just completely out the window and it is impossible to downgrade your clan's tier. What can we do to help ourselves research and decorate when we few now have to pay the cost of many? This is where my crazy idea came from.

A clan "reset" option in the account management section for Warlords. What this concept would entail is paying a fixed amount of platinum to reset the clan and dojo back to brand new. Clan emblem would stay, Alliance would be untouched and all resources put into the clan vault. All members (except Warlords) would be auto kicked and the dojo would revert to its un-built state. This "reset" would only be able to be done once within a 6 month time span. This would be a massive reset for the clan to start over and would be so drastic that to exploit it would be simply foolish. An option like this would help out clans in my shoes and keep the exploiters away. 

I know if I was given the option to pay out say 500p to reset my dojo and clan tier, I would do it in a heartbeat.

I am in complete support of this feature, one thing that must go along with it however, if it were to be implemented, is that this "clan reset" button be disabled during events.  

EDIT:  Also, I don't think Research should remain "researched"  nor should resources go into the vault, the penalty for doing this needs to be beyond great.

If we are calling it a Reset button, let it be exactly that, with the option to keep your clan Emblem if you like.  

I don't think anything should stay, not even warlords.  Only the original creator, others can be reinvited.  Also, this is something that should not be able to be done in game.  (It should have to be requested/submitted by the current Warlord or Original Creator of the Clan if he/she is still part of the clan similar to the way Clan Emblems are dealt with at the moment)   

I am in complete support of this feature, one thing that must go along with it however, if it were to be implemented, is that this "clan reset" button be disabled during events.

I agree that no reset should be available during an event. Hopefully something along the lines of a once per six months allowance would help so no clan can just reset over and over in a short time frame. 

The only reason why I'm not in agreeance with a "clan reset" is because, you can already "reset" the clan by expelling everyone, then recreating the clan with the same name. It would be good to be able to keep the emblem without having to pay again though.

Yes you can currently kick members and destroy the dojo, but what this could provide is a way to do that plus bring the clan back to Ghost Clan and retain all resources used in construction before the reset. The ability to lower a clan's tier is greatly needed, and this is just one concept on how to achieve that while deterring exploiters. 

In another thread where this concept was brought up, another Tenno (Kthal) made a good point. If the dojo is destroyed and resources are sent to the vault, the resources reimbursement should only be at the Ghost clan level. So for instance your clan built the Dueling room as a Storm clan, which cost 7500 credits. When you use the "reset" you will only receive the 750 credits it costs to rebuild that room as a Ghost clan. 

In another thread where this concept was brought up, another Tenno (Kthal) made a good point. If the dojo is destroyed and resources are sent to the vault, the resources reimbursement should only be at the Ghost clan level. So for instance your clan built the Dueling room as a Storm clan, which cost 7500 credits. When you use the "reset" you will only receive the 750 credits it costs to rebuild that room as a Ghost clan.

OK...but what happens to the resources and credits that are already in the vault? Someone can just destroy everything and then hit reset.

OK...but what happens to the resources and credits that are already in the vault? Someone can just destroy everything and then hit reset.

DE could easily make it so all previous vault resources and credits are reverted to zero. That way the only credits and resources in the vault after the "reset" would have come from rooms/research/decorations destroyed by the reset. 

You can throw a million negatives at it, but in the end if it results in a clan being able to downgrade tier and not just have to make a new clan, its worth it. There will always be someone looking to exploit things, and those are the people who ruin the game. The simple way to remove the desire to exploit would be to remove increased tier resource costs. Since we all know that's not going to happen, we need to present DE with some ideas that we the players might like to see put into place to help with the clan tier issues some of us are facing.

DE could easily make it so all previous vault resources and credits are reverted to zero. That way the only credits and resources in the vault after the "reset" would have come from rooms/research/decorations destroyed by the reset. 

You can throw a million negatives at it, but in the end if it results in a clan being able to downgrade tier and not just have to make a new clan, its worth it. There will always be someone looking to exploit things, and those are the people who ruin the game. The simple way to remove the desire to exploit would be to remove increased tier resource costs. Since we all know that's not going to happen, we need to present DE with some ideas that we the players might like to see put into place to help with the clan tier issues some of us are facing.

No...I feel you. I made the original post(recent post) about the Tier Exploit and being able to downgrade. Now, I wouldn't want my vault resources and credits reverted to zero when I downgrade. In my clan, dedicated a single room to building items just to destroy them so other members can contribute resources for future use. Now if everything is reverted to zero, that's a slap in the face to all that contributed. We have 20 mil in the clan fault from just 10 members. I couldn't and wouldn't want to do that to my clansmen.