Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Amount of handgun ammunition

shoyusha

With the current way handgun ammution is configured, it runs out within the first one or two rooms, making rapid firing handguns like Afuris essentially useless. For other handguns this not an issue at all, the Bronco or Lex only really need 150 ammunition; or not even that much (c.f. Half Life 2, the revolver could only carry a few bullets compared to other weapons).

While I'm okay some weapons being useless, especially sidearms that are not intended to be primary weapons; it's a shame that the Afuris currenly aren't a viable weapon as they are quite fun to use.

My suggestion would be that ammunition capacity be based on firing rate—for example, if it was 30*[firing rate] the Afuris would have a maximum capacity of 501 (similar to rifles, which already have more ammunition due to their firing rate). However, more powerful handguns would not be 'over powered' because they never run out of ammunion such—the Bronco would only have a maximum ammunition size of 150.

This is only a suggestion and perhaps not the best way to resolve this issue, however I feel that it seriously needs to be resolved in some way.

TL;DR edition

Slow firing handguns have plenty of ammunition but rapid firing handguns have so little they are not worth using.

One why to remedy this is to mod in ammo capacity increase or increasing the side arm's overall damage to help it deal more damager per bullet so that it takes less to down an enemy. Though I do agree that some ammo capacity should be increased due to certain guns fire rate and over ammo carrying capability. Such as one would think that having dual pistols would result in having more ammo to supply both of them as if you would have if you only carried one.

Atleast the enemys and lockers should drop more Ammo. I pick up like 20 Bullets from an Enemy and i need around 15 to kill the next one. I fi do missions alone or if i play longer missions, i run out of ammo every time. For both, primary and secondary.

I think they want us to use te ammo boxes from the item shop

Edited by THEROBONATOR

Atleast the enemys and lockers should drop more Ammo. I pick up like 20 Bullets from an Enemy and i need around 15 to kill the next one. I fi do missions alone or if i play longer missions, i run out of ammo every time. For both, primary and secondary.

I think they want us to use te ammo boxes from the item shop

Agreed. It gets pretty annoying that the max per individual ammo drop is 20. They should definitely raise that.

@shoyusha, i like your idea.

I would think it would make more sense that ammo pickups restore different amounts of ammo based on the weapon you have. 20 Lex ammo lets you kill a few guys, 20 afuris ammo lets you tickle one. If they made it so pistol pickups with an afuris gave you 50 ammo instead of 20 as a simple example, it would be a lot easier.

I would think it would make more sense that ammo pickups restore different amounts of ammo based on the weapon you have. 20 Lex ammo lets you kill a few guys, 20 afuris ammo lets you tickle one. If they made it so pistol pickups with an afuris gave you 50 ammo instead of 20 as a simple example, it would be a lot easier.

Yeah absolutely, I agree.

20 rounds in a Lex ≠ 20 rounds in a pair of Afuris

Absolutely, this.

Same with the Gorgon, picking up 20 Ammo with it is not exactly the killer, with how rare ammo certain ammo drops can be, or how fast they are vacuumed up by other players.

Wouldn't mind getting clip or half for every ammo pickup, or less.

Edited by Sherbniz

Seems to me the best way to fix this problem is to adjust max ammo by individual weapon rather than by type. So Afuris could come with 60/450 while the Lex could be reduced to 6/90. Even more extreme would be the Bronco which should be reduced to 2/40 maybe. If the goal is to make all weapons viable with meaningful concerns for ammo then every ammo pickup should be based on the new maximum capacities for each gun.

Given the theoretical changes above, I would suggest around 20% of standard max ammo per pickup.

90 for Afuris

18 for Lex

8 for Bronco

Maybe not perfect, but that system means each ammo pickup is going to give much closer comparative killing potential and sustainability while hopefully making ammo a concern for all weapons. As it stand currently I think we can all agree weapons like the Bronco are never concerned with ammo.

Seems to me the best way to fix this problem is to adjust max ammo by individual weapon rather than by type. So Afuris could come with 60/450 while the Lex could be reduced to 6/90. Even more extreme would be the Bronco which should be reduced to 2/40 maybe. If the goal is to make all weapons viable with meaningful concerns for ammo then every ammo pickup should be based on the new maximum capacities for each gun.

Given the theoretical changes above, I would suggest around 20% of standard max ammo per pickup.

90 for Afuris

18 for Lex

8 for Bronco

Maybe not perfect, but that system means each ammo pickup is going to give much closer comparative killing potential and sustainability while hopefully making ammo a concern for all weapons. As it stand currently I think we can all agree weapons like the Bronco are never concerned with ammo.

I agree with this. WIth pickups though, I like what Sherbniz said:

Absolutely, this.

Same with the Gorgon, picking up 20 Ammo with it is not exactly the killer, with how rare ammo certain ammo drops can be, or how fast they are vacuumed up by other players.

Wouldn't mind getting clip or half for every ammo pickup, or less.

If ammo pickups were one clip worth of ammunition for our gun of that type, it would be a simple and effective solution.

And yes, maximum ammunition should be weapon-independant, rather than varying by weapon type.

Can we get a developer comment?

I have another crazy idea... how about...mobs drop ammo based on what players in game are using. One thing my friend and i noticed was every single enemy dropping shot gun ammo WHEN neither of us had a shot gun. We pretty much kept running out of ammo, through our very first mission do to, way mobs dropped ammo. The game should base its ammo drops on what weapons the players are using, would definatly help out alot.

I have another crazy idea... how about...mobs drop ammo based on what players in game are using. One thing my friend and i noticed was every single enemy dropping shot gun ammo WHEN neither of us had a shot gun. We pretty much kept running out of ammo, through our very first mission do to, way mobs dropped ammo. The game should base its ammo drops on what weapons the players are using, would definatly help out alot.

+1 to this lol.

I would love to see this in the next patch, it definitely helps.