Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Grakata.

EchoLG

So I've been pilling up alloy plates lately and I've been wondering what does the community have to say about this weapon now that it has been out for a bit?

Also, PLEASE, I don't want to see a single arguement about "X weapon is worse in Y wave and onwards on Z Endless Defence map", get over it, Endless defence is not the mode this game is balanced around, don't bring it in here, I don't care about it. Thank you in advance.

The weapon is actually not that bad , but very ammo hungry . The weapon is to be meaned as a beginner smg . On later maps (like pluto) , with this gun , u will get actually 20 enemys and run out of ammo . Rly , if you want a good reliable weapon for the game , get the gorgon or the boltor

Needs to be heavily modded, definitely supercharged. But when so, it goes beyond my expectations.

I love this gun cause it feels good. It has a muzzle climb and recoil that can easily be controlled and it is rewarding when you do.

If you're into fast shooting weapons and like SMG type weapons, this gun would feel right to you

Since you guys have tested it, do you have any info on how  often does it crit? I mean, does it have a decent crit rate at least or completely lacking there as well?

Very lacking in crit rate. This is the only buff it needs to compete really

Needs to be heavily modded, definitely supercharged. But when so, it goes beyond my expectations.

I love this gun cause it feels good. It has a muzzle climb and recoil that can easily be controlled and it is rewarding when you do.

If you're into fast shooting weapons and like SMG type weapons, this gun would feel right to you

If a weapon need to be supercharged to be viable then we have a problem.

If a weapon need to be supercharged to be viable then we have a problem.

You might have a problem with that, I don't. Besides it doesn't Need it to be viable, but it needs it to compete

Edited by Bitfly

The weapon is actually not that bad , but very ammo hungry . The weapon is to be meaned as a beginner smg . On later maps (like pluto) , with this gun , u will get actually 20 enemys and run out of ammo . Rly , if you want a good reliable weapon for the game , get the gorgon or the boltor

indeed it feels like a beginner gun.

the sound and feel is comparable to full auto 9mm

being a new gun with new artwork and all, i went and picked one up.

lots of fun to run and gun with but very weak in power  -then again, i have yet to try it out with stacked mods; i only got the Grakata up to level 15 or something low like that so it's too early for me to make a real assessment on it, this is all based on first impression.

for now, i would have to agree with Habba: Gorgon or Boltor are definitely great choices for high end game damage

I happen to like HEK and Paris

I am guessing that Grakata, with the right MODS,  can be made as deadly or can be made to have an advantage that the others don't - maybe other players can give us both input on that one since I am also curious about this 

Edited by Suprizebuttseks

You might have a problem with that, I don't. Besides it doesn't Need it to be viable, but it needs it to compete

"I don't"

"You might have a problem with that"

We have problem, newbies will look for a weapon to progress, now this newbie make the grakata and see his Mk-1 Braton still superior he will feel dissapointed.

"I don't"

"You might have a problem with that"

We have problem, newbies will look for a weapon to progress, now this newbie make the grakata and see his Mk-1 Braton still superior he will feel dissapointed.

Maybe the newbies aint as narrow-minded as you

At the downvotes: Don't you have something better to do with your life?

Edited by Bitfly

for now, i would have to agree with Habba: Gorgon or Boltor are definitely great choices for high end game damage

I happen to like HEK and Paris

I have gotten a Boltor, potatoed it and now have it at level 15, can't realy say  it's absolutely awesome, but it's okay I guess, I still prefer the Braton way over it, I personaly believe that the Boltor just can't much the speed at which the Braton takes out enemies with it's instant damage and insane fire rate, just wish it had a polarity slot and it would be my dream weapon.

I hate the Gorgon, it's slow spin up is a horrible thing in my eyes, I want my weapons ready at all times and at full efficiency the moment I pull the trigger. Maybe it is good for defence, but I hate that mode seeing how you have to stay in one place, I didn't sign up for this game to stay in one place, I want to be a ninja running all over the long spaceship corridors.

The Paris is awesome indeed and very unique.

The HEK is the gun of guns, the end, I don't want to compare anything to it :P

Anyway, thanks for the input guys.

Maybe the newbies aint as narrow-minded as you

At the downvote: If you cant accept the reality, stay out of forums and go troll somewhere else

Troll ? Narrow-minded ? hilarous...

most people in this thread are suggesting buffs becouse the weapons feel really underhelming against other Rifles but you still here saying " NO NO NO GRAKATA FINE IF YOU OVERMOD IT !" Really....

Troll ? Narrow-minded ? hilarous...

most people in this thread are suggesting buffs becouse the weapons feel really underhelming against other Rifles but you still here saying " NO NO NO GRAKATA FINE IF YOU OVERMOD IT !" Really....

Most people here left their weapon sitting at rank 7 or so. Ignorance floads the forum when it comes to this weapon. Take it from someone who actually got the weapon at rank 30 and has an idea how the gun works.. Instead of being so narrow minded

Edited by Bitfly

When properly modded (Fire Rate, Multishot, Ammo, Magazine Size, and whatever else you want) the Grakata is a very solid gun. It is a late bloomer though, only really shining when you can maximize its already significant fire rate, but when you get it up to speed the DPS it puts out will astound you. Shooting for the head of a lvl 55 Grineer Heavy Gunner (Pluto Grineer Alerts) will drop them in under 5 seconds in my experience. The only real down-side it has is an almost Twin Viper level of ammo inefficiency.

The Grak starts off slow but really takes off with the right mods.

The one thing that the Grakata has going for it is the TTK, Time To Kill. It's basically a short-term burst-kill weapon; kills extremely quickly but is beaten in long-term DPS by many other weapons. I've blown away full shield and health Heavy Gunners, Flamers and rocket men in 2-4 seconds before they've even acquired me as a target, but it does lack sustained DPS that guns like the Gorgon enjoy.

The most important thing about the gun is that it's very fun to use; the report and kick really make it satisfying to use. But it eats ammo like nobodies business, and while it's entirely possible to use it for a whole mission, if you aren't watchful and utilize your options well, you'll run dry, and building back up a 500+ round rifle ammo pool from 20-per-pickup ammo drops is very taxing.

If anything needs to be done with it, the ammunition problem should get looked at. For a weapon like this, ammo is supposed to be a problem, but I think it might be too much of a problem at the moment. If the weapon was given a slight boost in damage, say 10 or 11, and given a polarity slot or two, that also might rectify the ammo problem.

The only true SMG in the game; it's great to use, but it IS somewhat lacking if you stack it up to other guns. The long-term DPS just isn't there with its high ammo consumption.

Edited by MoonicusMaximus

Silent troll giving a downvote.. Coward

I suppose I get what you're saying

The thing is, the Grakata does indeed seem to be a beginner's weapon, and while I haven't personally used it; the numbers do make me feeling iffy about buying it

If I could get my hands on a modded grakata or someone could prove to me that it does have the potential to be an atomic ballbuster though, I would feel inclined to stop bashing the thing as lousy