Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Archwing Planetary Art - Thanks

Rajko

Feeback intended @skybox artists.

My clan member and I trotted over to Earth for some Archwing action, this would be somewhere around the 10-15th archwing we'd done.  Biz as usual until he says in chat, "Look at the Earth".

So I turn my thang around, and really look at it.

You guys nailed it.  The two of us just stopped playing and floated there starting at big 'ol Terra for a couple long minutes, not a word to say, just a couple quiet expletives.  It's like looking at the Grand Canyon, or going to Alaska.

So, that was a transcendent moment.

Then we went to Saturn for a challenge, and it happened again.  We floated there in space, taking in the rings and not saying much, feeling all the feelz, for another few minutes.

This sort of things happens a lot in Warframe, and I just wanted to throw some acknowledgement out there for the fantastic art, not just on the levels and critters and explosions, but on the skybox art and environmental things too.

I really can't wait for the next tile set, every tile set.  It just gets better.

We PS4 users haven't even gotten Archwing yet, so I've been forced to go and watch YouTube videos of Archwing...and even from the lowest quality videos, I'm awestruck. Good on you, DE. +1 OP

Oh, and can I just say that it's completely possible I'll have to start playing solo when U15 drops on PS4...b/c I might just have to afk and watch the skybox for hours on end. 

Edited by (PS4)NearlyDedicated

I already had this feeling from the inside of the Liset, but it's 10 times better while floating in space. Agreed +1.

Relevant music:

looks nice but the grineer ships style looks like they're ripped from the 90's, i don't know why they don't aproach the more "boxy" design like in Killzone and many others.

they could make up a story justifying a patch to upgrade the ships design and maybe even the factions armor design in the same style.

i think the team has the typical fears of FTP devs, that if it's free we shouldn't invest too much (of anything) just in case...but i think Warframe proved itself to be a succes.

Edited by Decebalvs

looks nice but the grineer ships style looks like they're ripped from the 90's, i don't know why they don't aproach the more "boxy" design like in Killzone and many others.

they could make up a story justifying a patch to upgrade the ships design and maybe even the factions armor design in the same style.

i think the team has the typical fears of FTP devs, that if it's free we shouldn't invest too much (of anything) just in case...but i think Warframe proved itself to be a succes.

Cause the boxy designs go to the Corpus. Grineer is dirty, bulbous masses taped together with little regards to aesthetic.

The devs made a chart outlining the art designs of each faction, mainly used internally by the art designers.