Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Shotguns And Snipers Need A Look At?

Heidrek

There should be a unified "Fire Power Amp", otherwise it wouldn't be an aura but an individual boosting mod since not everybody could run the same kind of weapon. This should include any kind of fire weapon: pistols, thrown type (hikou/kunai), rifles, bows, snipers, shotguns etc etc

Offtopic: i'd still like to see also a status immunity aura and a status effects chance boosting aura

Edited by perfectStranger

I've hunted with shotguns and I can tell you that having Falloff for the distances involved in Warframe is ridiculous.

Laser/energy based projectiles would never be as slow as in game and certainly would have no recoil and bows do not shoot through concrete walls or steel doors and hit the target behind it or propel someone through the air and nail them to the wall. 

Its a game mechanic but at least this one (shotgun fall off) is based on some reality facts.

If you have hunted with a shotgun then you would know that beyond a certain range all you do is anger/scare the game if you try to shoot it with a shotgun. In game it is just scaled differently. 

If you have hunted with a shotgun then you would know that beyond a certain range all you do is anger/scare the game if you try to shoot it with a shotgun. In game it is just scaled differently. 

Which is caused by spread, not falloff lulz.

As you know warframe is not sniper friendly, but it's also time to look at the shotguns.

THE STRUN IS PRETTY MUCH THE SECOND BEST, damage per second wise, but the biggest issue is that it's a starter weapon. Having a starter weapon like this would be underwhelming, so the shotgun section should have a look before it falls into decay, like the sniper section. (Buffing up all the grineer shotguns would be a nice plus, BUT please buffing the Tigris's utility would be a godsend.)

Another thing. Can we talk about the auras? Shotguns don't have an aura, that could be another solution to this shotgun problem. So maybe we could switch Infested Impedance for "imaginary new shotgun aura" or including ALL Primaries in Rifle Amp rather than having an individual aura per weapon. I know there's dead eye and pistols are pretty underwhelming so maybe we could convert it into an aura that could increase side arm damage?

Tell me your opinion.

Boar Prime out DPS's the Boltor Prime, legitimately. If you have corrosive projection(and your team has it too) on like a good player, it makes the gap between their damages bigger. It has poor ammo economy though.

Not to be nitpicky but a sniper is a rifle, a shotgun isn't. If the aura gives a S#&$, I dunno.

In real life, a shotgun is a rifle however.

Boar Prime out DPS's the Boltor Prime, legitimately. If you have corrosive projection(and your team has it too) on like a good player, it makes the gap between their damages bigger. It has poor ammo economy though.

Well, sadly the Boltor Prime have better DPS (I hate this fact), the Boar Prime have good damage, but Boltor Prime can easily out DPS it, Shotgun mods are quite underpowered (I am looking at you Point Blank).

The biggest problem with Boar Prime is that you pretty much have to use Shotgun ammo mutator - and mod slots are already the biggest issue with Shotguns (have to place sooo many base damage mods while a rifle only has to use Serration).

No they are not.

It is just how vidja games have skewed our view of them.

everytime i use them i usually seem to get better results when i get in the face of a large crowed and let loose about 20+ rounds of pellets in their faces. this is in game not IRl i suppose? i may be using the shotgun incorrect in game but hey i like it :p

everytime i use them i usually seem to get better results when i get in the face of a large crowed and let loose about 20+ rounds of pellets in their faces. this is in game not IRl i suppose? i may be using the shotgun incorrect in game but hey i like it :p

What I am saying is that the "shotguns are melee weapons!"-trope that is in video games these days (and in Warframe) is utterly stupid. Falloff makes absolutely no sense. Shotguns are already punished at range by spread, there is no need for falloff as well - except to live up to the stupid trope.

What I am saying is that the "shotguns are melee weapons!"-trope that is in video games these days (and in Warframe) is utterly stupid. Falloff makes absolutely no sense. Shotguns are already punished at range by spread, there is no need for falloff as well - except to live up to the stupid trope.

ohhhhh i see now, that actually kinda sucks now that i have a better understanding. poor shottys ;-;

There are a lot of people who just aren't very good at this game's mechanics and strategy in this thread.

And before you start saying "this game isn't that hard' or "there's no strategy"... well, it can be easily and it definitely helps to have a strategy.

Energy transfer to pellet/bullet, no rifling vs rifling, etc, seriously, you are either trolling or have never ever shot a shotgun IRL and just pretend to have done so or lack the mental capacity to understand the mechanics involved, the amount of ignorance is  inconceivable. 

Like playing chess with a pigeon.   

Edited by Hatzeputt

Energy transfer to pellet/bullet, no rifling vs rifling, etc, seriously, you are either trolling or have never ever shot a shotgun IRL and just pretend to have done so or lack the mental capacity to understand the mechanics involved, the amount of ignorance is  inconceivable. 

Like playing chess with a pigeon.   

I guarantee you that if I shoot you with a shotgun at the average distance involved in your average firefight in Warframe, you'd feel just as bad as if I shot you with any other firearm. Shotguns are still serious firearms; it is not like you toss marbles at someone. Falloff makes no sense unless we're talking about extreme ranges and at that point even other kinds of firearms, apart from serious sniper rifles, would have falloff as well. Warframe never deals with those kind of ranges/distances.

Edited by Brimir

Why are we talking about powder and rifiling in Warframe? I don't think these shotguns use powder to fire. What's next? Recoil for Dera rifle, since real rifles have recoil too?

Shotguns need a serious rework. Especially their mods.

Why are we talking about powder and rifiling in Warframe? I don't think these shotguns use powder to fire. What's next? Recoil for Dera rifle, since real rifles have recoil too?

Shotguns need a serious rework. Especially their mods.

Thats what I said earlier it is a game mechanic, but one that actually does exist in reality (fall off). Unlike laser guns having travel time and recoil, arrows penetrating steel and nailing people to walls and shurikens shredding even armoured targets.

The 200% multishot mod you can get from Steel Meridian should actually be a regular mod capable of being used on all shotguns or just drop it and give Hell's Chamber the 200%! Point Blank needs a buff to make it en par with Serration and Hornet Strike.  

Edited by Hatzeputt