Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Feel Like Limbos Banish Shouldnt Have Dmg, And Maybe A Few More Suggestions.

Abenoki

I know people would disagree but I feel limbos banish ability shouldn't have a dmg aspect. It should be something you can cast and not alert the enemy, Here is my reasoning

Limbo is coming up on an unalerted enemy, you use banish and send him to the rift. You then rift walk, sneak up, and kill him.

I also think that the rift should mute or reduce your sound and make you harder to see. You're in the rift dimension so I think it would be almost like you're a ghost, you're there but not so you're harder to perceive. This is think would add more depth and an interesting aspect to limbo play. Now granted if they are alerted already they should stay that way even if you enter rift, but if not it should allow for some stealth play.

So an enemy wont notice if all at once everything changes color and he cant interact with the real world? also:

hes not a stealth frame, and shouldn't be changed into one either, go play loki or banshee

Hes a caster, maybe making him stealthier when he is rifted would be OK, but having silent attacks and taking away the damage from banish would limit him even more.

he is not a stealth frame, i rift walk most of the time and use banish as my main source of damage, so nope, i want limbo to be what he is, a caster, not a stealth frame, if you want a stealth frame use Loki, and also, maybe you haven't noticed...  but rift walk doesn't "hide" you, they can still see you and hear you.

I would boost Banish damage to the roof and added extra stun to both options so that banish-unbanish combo be a single unit death sentence.

Also, banishing single unit when in limbo should slow it down somehow to make it an easier target.

Considering how devastating damage oriented frames are this is still only a minor improvement.

So an enemy wont notice if all at once everything changes color and he cant interact with the real world? also:

Hes a caster, maybe making him stealthier when he is rifted would be OK, but having silent attacks and taking away the damage from banish would limit him even more.

The idea isn't too make him a stealth frame, it's to when enemies aren't alerted to allow him some small measure of stealth on unalerted targets, Wouldn't change alerted targets. It's kinda like in torchwood how the HQ is actually in plain sight but if you don't know to look for it you won't. Now if in the rift you charge into a group they'd notice.Maybe make it unalerted target won't take dmg. Also to be clear im not suggesting you be invisible in rift (literally did not say that anywhere). I'm suggesting it be like you're harder to perceive, you're still there just out of phase. Edited by Echoa

he is not a stealth frame, i rift walk most of the time and use banish as my main source of damage, so nope, i want limbo to be what he is, a caster, not a stealth frame, if you want a stealth frame use Loki, and also, maybe you haven't noticed... but rift walk doesn't "hide" you, they can still see you and hear you.

Wow, just look at this fantastic input

If the only thing you have to say is "not stealth frame, go use Loki or ash" please leave. You have absolutely no constructive input at all. I really have no concern for how you play limbo it is completely irrelevant to me.

Edited by Echoa

Wow, just look at this fantastic input

If the only thing you have to say is "not stealth frame, go use Loki or ash" please leave. You have absolutely no constructive input at all. I really have no concern for how you play limbo it is completely irrelevant to me.

You are contradicting yourself, because first you say my input is empty and then you say that the content of my input is irrelevant to you, well, i told you how i use limbo so you can consider other uses of banish (besides the one you are forcing on it) and also, as limbo is not YOUR personal frame... how any of us use him IS in fact relevant. Also you are rude, violent and disrespectful, don't start threads if you can't accept different opinions.

Edited by Orbister

You are contradicting yourself, because first you say my input is empty and then you say that the content of my input is irrelevant to you, well, i told you how i use limbo so you can consider other uses of banish (besides the one you are forcing on it) and also, as limbo is not YOUR personal frame... how any of us use him IS in fact relevant. Also you are rude, violent and disrespectful, don't start threads if you can't accept different opinions.

It's not a matter of different opinions you literally stated nothing of relevance. I did not ask how you played limbo, did not say he should be a stealth frame , and did not say rift hides you. Those are all things that you said which do nothing in contribution to said topic. Sannidor and Geno both provided something constructive in some way without just saying "he's not a stealth frame".

The idea is that rift would reduce your presence, but say you walked right in front of them they d still see you, or if you bumped into them, etc. But if you kited around it would reduce your likelyhood of being noticed. So to illustrate it further I'll do another post.

PS sorry about being rude but saying "he's not a stealth frame" adds nothing and was already stated earlier. I'm well aware of that and do not want him to be one, but banish and the rift has the potential for more uses than it does now (not saying it has none or anything) without turning him into a stealth frame.

Edited by Echoa

To further illustrate the idea

let's say it's a rescue mission

You have 2 of the wardens walking about

Scene1. You rift walk up to them, they still notice but can't hit you

scene2. You rift walk which allows you to get closer, but if you get too close you'll be noticed. Now you try and banish one of the wardens while one is too close, they noticed and attack as normal.

Scene3. Similar to 2, but this time you let them mozy apart a little, you keep with one and at the optimal time banish him to the rift plane with you and take him out. But wait, you forgot the other wardens who is behind you and sees you as he gets within your new range of perception and it ruins it.

Scene 4. Essentially scene 3 but you don't forget the other warden and are able to keep yourself from being noticed.

It's not to make you invisible or not able to be seen, it's to reduce your ability to be perceived, or reduce the range that they will notice you but if you get too close or perform action that are obvious you'll be noticed. It just gives a slightly higher measure of stealth than a normal frame and only if the base/target isn't alerted. Stealth play on him would still largely be the same as any non stealth frame, he would just essentially be able to get into a closer range without being noticed and would still have to keep his actions from being obvious/keep some distance.

Hopefully this makes things more understandable as to what the idea is.

Edited by Echoa

It's not a matter of different opinions you literally stated nothing of relevance. I did not ask how you played limbo, did not say he should be a stealth frame , and did not say rift hides you. Those are all things that you said which do nothing in contribution to said topic. Sannidor and Geno both provided something constructive in some way without just saying "he's not a stealth frame".

The idea is that rift would reduce your presence, but say you walked right in front of them they d still see you, or if you bumped into them, etc. But if you kited around it would reduce your likelyhood of being noticed. So to illustrate it further I'll do another post.

PS sorry about being rude but saying "he's not a stealth frame" adds nothing and was already stated earlier. I'm well aware of that and do not want him to be one, but banish and the rift has the potential for more uses than it does now (not saying it has none or anything) without turning him into a stealth frame.

Well, i told you how i use it as a contribution of information about the usage of his skills, not that i'm an expert, actually im really new to it, but as i don't want to annoy people with cataclysm, i decided to try a different angle so i use banish as a source of damage and i rift walk most of the time to sustain the usage of energy and to be safe to aim carefully with it, i DID contributed information for you, but you are just deciding not to hear it.

Regarding your suggested changes, what do you want me to say? if i disagree you will get angry, but i certainly don't want banish to loose it's damage element... so why don't you tell all of us instead what you want us to comment? in fact you could start posting "acceptable inputs" in your original posts so we can choose one and don't make you angry.

Edited by Orbister

Regarding the topic, your suggested changes, what do you want me to say? if i disagree you will get angry, but i certainly don't want banish to loose it's damage element... so why don't you tell all of us instead what you want us to comment? in fact you could start posting "acceptable inputs" in your original post so we can choose one and don't make you angry.

as i said, its fine to disagree but provide something else like for example Sannidors post. He disagreed but instead of just saying hes not a stealth frame and telling me how he plays limbo, he said he would rather boost the dmg and also added his own twist. Now, if youre done being upset and perhaps read the rest of what i said, i already changed it as per his idea and a comment from Genoscythe to just on unalerted targets. There is a difference between disagreeing and not adding to the discussion in a useful way. Im happy to hear your idea, but if all you have to say is heas not stealth and you use banish for dmg then on the first part as i said, im well aware, on the second part, this has already been changed in a previous post to be specific to unalerted targets.

Edited by Echoa

The idea isn't too make him a stealth frame, it's to when enemies aren't alerted to allow him some small measure of stealth on unalerted targets, Wouldn't change alerted targets. It's kinda like in torchwood how the HQ is actually in plain sight but if you don't know to look for it you won't. Now if in the rift you charge into a group they'd notice.Maybe make it unalerted target won't take dmg. Also to be clear im not suggesting you be invisible in rift (literally did not say that anywhere). I'm suggesting it be like you're harder to perceive, you're still there just out of phase.

"The idea isn't to make him a stealth frame, it's to [add a bunch of features that would make Limbo conducive to stealth gameplay]"

But by all means, continue to brush off everybody who disagrees with you as 'not constructive'.

hes not a stealth frame, and shouldn't be changed into one either, go play loki or banshee

he is not a stealth frame, i rift walk most of the time and use banish as my main source of damage, so nope, i want limbo to be what he is, a caster, not a stealth frame, if you want a stealth frame use Loki, and also, maybe you haven't noticed...  but rift walk doesn't "hide" you, they can still see you and hear you.

"The idea isn't to make him a stealth frame, it's to [add a bunch of features that would make Limbo conducive to stealth gameplay]"

But by all means, continue to brush off everybody who disagrees with you as 'not constructive'.

Same thing repeated 2 times, no other input to brush off at all, you cant brush off input that isnt there, one added how he played limbo

Sannidor and Genoscythe both disagreed in some way, but provided something to the discussion. You also have provided nothing to the discussion, now if you have an idea feel free to share. Just because a frame is capable of stealth play if used properly wouldnt make them a stealth frame.

I.E excal now has invis on his jump or banshee has a similar mechanic as to what i suggested  with silence but isnt considered a stealth frame by anyone. 

2 frames that have some abilities with added potential for stealth play, yet nobody calls them stealth frames. rather strange that ash and loki are the only ones, yet i suggest something to add to the rifts mechanics that already exists to a degree in the game on a frame that isnt considered stealth but it makes him a stealth frame by virtue of being usable in said situation even though the other 2 arent.

Edited by Echoa

Thanks for the awesome input, really it's spectacular

your welcome! :D

taking away a damaging ability from a caster frame and making it more stealth related is making him a stealth frame.. its like taking nova and saying lets change null star, instead of circling her and dealing damage, it makes her invisible and silent..

Edited by Kurrumitsumi