Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe (Corpus) Ship Size?

PhaZone

So as we all know the factions in Warframe enjoy the idea of constructing massive super structures. Which is nice and all but the real question is how big are these ships actually? As we know from simple foot-based missions they are fairly spacious with hallways and large engine rooms and whatnot but now that we have the ability to fly in and around these ships the question comes up again.

oGGuGyh.png

From what I can tell of by waypoints and collecting distance data on trench run missions a fairly intact large scale corpus cruiser can be massive. Most missions feature twists and turns and the average range of ship size I've collected is roughly 3000 - 4000 meters long and around 1000 - 2000 meters wide but taking into consideration of the generated tilesets... it could be up to 8000-10000 meters assuming the mission is in a straight line without twists and turns.

FreeSpace 2 Logic (no official to the warframe universe data)

In the game "FreeSpace 2" there is a large ship known as the GTVA Colossus that is 6000 meters long, comparable to a large Corpus battleship. According to that game it took 20 years of joint work between humans, aliens and robotic construction drones. This further raises the question, how long does it take to build a battleship in warframe?

Is there any official data on the size of these carriers?

and if that's the case how big would a Formorian ship be in comparison?

EDIT: This also makes me curious about the size of a Solar Rail.

280px-BasicSolarRail.png

Edited by PhaZone

Trying to figure out the exact scale and size of corpus ships would be almost impossible, since the game uses randomly generated tiles. but since you have accounted for that I applaud you. I for one used the ships passing around venus as a scale, the windows on the ships can be used to determine the length and height. because the most common window seen in the corpus tile sets would be assumed to be the windows seen on the ships. Meaning this can be used to get a sense of scale, so you can compare the liset and a tenno to the size of the ships.

Switching to building time, the corpus could have specific tech thats based around constructing, such as nanobots, but since we've never seen anything like this being used, then its safe to assume we have no idea how they build their ships.

Corpus ships are notably larger than Grineer galleons.

The merchant cult builds larger, sustainable ships; whereas the monarchic empire throws together scrap metal (Grineer shipyards) to mass produce smaller, cheaper ships. If one is blown up, two more can take its place.

That's why the Fomorians (not Balor) were such a big deal. They were Grineer superships, which rivaled the power of a Corpus cruiser.

Now we have Balor Fomorians coming, which are supposedly larger than before, and boast more advanced weaponry.

So, to answer your question, OP, the Corpus ships should be considered vast.

Now for the solar rails...

I've done lots of research into this. Take a look at the Orokin lab's skybox. 

fiJajyO.jpg

I've marked a Liset. Note the scale.

Now take a look at the Liset compared to the "Orbiter modules" confirmed by DE_Steve on a forum post to be coming in the future (expanded player ships).

mXqJI74.png

Now, I can't find the art ATM, but somewhere there is some concept art comparing the Orbiter module to the Corpus cruiser - they're about the same size. So it's safe to assume that solar rails are about the same size as a Corpus cruiser.

Edited by (PS4)NearlyDedicated

the bottom ship in that picture were back around a long time ago ( i forgot with update ) the place you would go to was a station for training when you first got into the game. it was version of that corpus ship with the end sticking up. i have seen them from the ship view window by the top one and they are rather massive i've noticed so that scaling chart may be a bit old

DECorpusShipB.png

also that solar rail would be cool for conflict archwing battles >.>

Edited by ropefish98

A few kilometers long isn't all that uncommon for sci-fi ships. I'm more impressed with the vast numbers they churn out than the size alone.

Yeah that's what I was wondering about too, the dark sectors must be literally giant cubes of ore for them to have enough materials for these projects. 

Corpus ships are notably larger than Grineer galleons.

The merchant cult builds larger, sustainable ships; whereas the monarchic empire throws together scrap metal (Grineer shipyards) to mass produce smaller, cheaper ships. If one is blown up, two more can take its place.

That's why the Fomorians (not Balor) were such a big deal. They were Grineer superships, which rivaled the power of a Corpus cruiser.

Now we have Balor Fomorians coming, which are supposedly larger than before, and boast more advanced weaponry.

So, to answer your question, OP, the Corpus ships should be considered vast.

Well, there is kind of a tear in the lore. The Corpus Ships we are supposedly traveling to are one of their Warships. In actuality, they are Transport Vessels we are going to.

To try to piece this together, the image to the Infested Ship depicts one of these "Transport Vessels" being taken over by the Infestation. But the interior of the ship is completely different from the standard Corpus Ship we have been going to, having more weaponry than cargo storage.

This is where things get more, intimate. The Corpus Ice Planet has the same ship interior. With the addition to new tiles in U15, one of the starting tiles has the word "Obelisk" written in Corpus writing plastered on the side of some of the wreckage. Name of the ship? Nope.avi. In Archwing Trench Run, "Obelisk" can be seen written again on one of the sides in the Extraction tile. So it is not the name, but the classification of the ship. "Obelisk" is the a class of Corpus Warship, possibly manufactured to either dispose of or destroy Formorians.

This is where things get more, intimate. The Corpus Ice Planet has the same ship interior. With the addition to new tiles in U15, one of the starting tiles has the word "Obelisk" written in Corpus writing plastered on the side of some of the wreckage. Name of the ship? Nope.avi. In Archwing Trench Run, "Obelisk" can be seen written again on one of the sides in the Extraction tile. So it is not the name, but the classification of the ship. "Obelisk" is the a class of Corpus Warship, possibly manufactured to either dispose of or destroy Formorians.

wich one is the obelisk though? out of the three or is there going to be a new one is my question >W>