Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Should Previous Events Be Made Into Quests?

JaysInc

I don't know if I heard it on a devstream or from a random tenno, but I would think it would be a great idea if DE made it so that you can replay events like the gradivus dilemma or arid fear.

I think it would be a great idea for new players who are now into this game.

Not when they miss the point entirely of why people enjoyed the event.

I.E. Gate Crash caches held a guaranteed key in the second cache, ranging through all available void keys.

Now the caches are worthless unless you need credits.

Why even bother adding them if you miss the point of why they were good DE? Why.even.bother?

it'll be certainly great when this is finished up(since it's already in progress). Event Rewards are probably not going to be a part, however you will be able to experience them anyways, so that nobody needs to miss out on the Lore and other cool parts about those Events and Missions, Et Cetera.

Lore-wise that actual feature should be a quest in itself:

Go on a quest to find a memory retrieval/replay device for your liset, maybe find different components to do different quests/past events and VOILA

Now this way DE has no choice but to give that juicy lore because now WE CAN RETRIEVE OUR OLD LIVES AND THE OLD WAR MEMORIES!

Mwahaha my plan is perfect

Devs have confirmed that Events and Special Missions will be brought back as some form of quest since it would be a waste of a fun mission otherwise. Mentioned this a while ago in a Devstream after the "Rescue Darvo from Frohd Beck" mission.

I wonder if this means we'll get a guaranteed way to farm stalker, or if they'll make that particular instance of stalker not have his usual drops...

Well, it's not they aren't doing this already...

They replaced planetary survival with excavations...

Tenno of Liberty had replaced all the Rescue...

Gatecrash had come back as Void missions... (And the crates had very nice rewards before someone complained and DE stated they were bugged...)

Hive Infestation I have seen in a quest-line, but yeah... Lore-wise is sorta too extreme to have it be on multiple quests on all planets...

Vay Hek still hangs around in his Terra Frame...

All the Event missions I did since started playing have come back in a way or another...

I'd rather see more bosses like Vor, that could drop Mods and BPs for the weapons that had been given as reward for the events...

Well, it's not they aren't doing this already...

They replaced planetary survival with excavations...

Tenno of Liberty had replaced all the Rescue...

Gatecrash had come back as Void missions... (And the crates had very nice rewards before someone complained and DE stated they were bugged...)

Hive Infestation I have seen in a quest-line, but yeah... Lore-wise is sorta too extreme to have it be on multiple quests on all planets...

Vay Hek still hangs around in his Terra Frame...

All the Event missions I did since started playing have come back in a way or another...

I'd rather see more bosses like Vor, that could drop Mods and BPs for the weapons that had been given as reward for the events...

Yea but what didnt come back was the dialogue and lore aspect of the events

Yea but what didnt come back was the dialogue and lore aspect of the events

Because these were, as you said, Events...

The Red Veil, to make one example, has grown stronger... They have no need, like they had before, to rely on the Lotus to save their own... 

Alad V plans about Hives had been ruined and he's not likely going to make so many of them too son...

Cryotic Front even paved the road for the Archwings... (You need Cryotics to craft the Elytron and in the event lore your mysterious associate spoke about using it against the Fomorian-Balor...)

I can see that some players, I myself missed some of them, would have loved to play these events for the lore chance but at the same time...

...hey, DE gives us a lot of them, I just decided to look forward to the coming ones...

Considering that all of the missions from Sling-stone to Gradivus were part of a narrative, I most certainly hope they do convert them into a quest. Call it "Rising Tensions" or something.

On a related note, I hope we'll be able to replay quests soon.