Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Of All Weapons, Why Pole Arms (Orthos, Etc) Have The Best Momentum With Direction Air Melee ?

Shezo

The huge gap between the ability of most small weapons to copter and things like the Scindo comes to mind. A lot of the slow weapons have very bad copters, and as I see it, this is compensated for by giving them good dashes. Granted the bo does have a good copter, so my theory is not infallible.

I'm not complaining, I'm just over here riding my jet powered hammer around the map.

It just such a big difference between any other weapons and orthos/prime/bo/etc.

Why create such a huge gap ?

Because they suck at coptering? All the other smaller weapons like Dual Ichors completely outclass anything else for copter. Let the big weps have a chance.

Because they suck at coptering? All the other smaller weapons like Dual Ichors completely outclass anything else for copter. Let the big weps have a chance.

What about nikana or long swords or two-handed heavy weapons, why they have bad air dash momentum/bad coptering ?

It seems to be based off attack range, and not attack speed like coptering.

Not sure about range, but i'm absolutely sure that speed is indeed does jack nothing to air dash.

Btw, what about whips ? They have nice reach of all weapons, how do they fare in air dashing ?

Edited by Shezo

Not sure about range, but i'm absolutely sure that speed is indeed does jack nothing to air dash.

Btw, what about whips ? They have nice reach of all weapons, how do they fare in air dashing ?

Scoliac have a huge air dash.

As I am waiting for Air-Dash on PS4, fingers crossed for useful Fist/Sparring/Hysteria Air Dash....

Prepare to be disappointed. The arial attacks do have better mobility than the slide but still can't remotely compare with the kings of copter and now aerial dash.