Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Seriously, De. It's Time To Buff Lato Vandal, Aklato, And Lato Prime.

Brynslustafir

Just a little context, feel free to skip to the next paragraph if you already know about how they wound up getting nerfed. 

All players used to start off with the same 3 weapons. Mk1 Braton, Lato, and a Skana. Most players learned quickly that the Lato was simply better than the Mk1 braton for raw damage output. So instead of raising the Mk1 Bratons stats slightly to make it more viable in the early game, DE decided to nerf the Lato and bring it down to the pitifully low level of the Mk1 Braton. But that's not all. They decided to go the extra mile and nerf ALL forms of the Lato for no good reason. And so 2 formerly late-game viable sidearms became nothing more than useless trophies, and a useless trophy became... well... even more useless and throphy-y I guess. 

Needless to say, I'm not happy about this. And waiting months and months for a rebuff only to be left hanging hasn't helped at all. It just bugs me more and more every single time I look at my Lato prime and think to myself "Man, I wish this thing was actually somewhat useful". I don't even have Lato vandal, but I still know that the players who do deserve a buff for it.

Aklato, Lato Vandal and Prime NEVER should have been nerfed to begin with, and DE still hasn't corrected that mistake. Why not? It would be so simple to just adjust the raw damage levels for both of them, DE does it all the time with other weapons. So why haven't they? Besides, stealth nerfing like that is a toxic practice to begin with and should never be used.  

Regardless of reason, It's time to rebuff them. Pff, it was time to rebuff them the moment they were nerfed. It doesn't matter how long these weapons are ignored, I won't forget, and I won't stop making threads about this until the issue is resolved. 

Better late then never. 

EDIT: Added Aklato on behalf of MrNishi. 

Edited by Plasmaface

100% agreed.

The mere idea of (STEALTH) nerfing any gun at all is not only a huge kick in the soft spot to those who use them outta love, but also ridiculously cowardly and dishonest.

And yeah, add AkLato to that list too.

Edited by CenSilver

I was messing with the build I have on my lato (4.4k sustained dps) and I have to say the Vandal and Prime versions do deserve a buff.

Same build on Vandal give me -21 damage points compared to regular Lato.

Prime version does 5.5k but still I'd hope for more difference.

And then I got to AkLato.

DE why does an akimbo version of a weapon deal 1.1k sustained dps less than the regular counterpart?

I even thought the builder had the wrong stats of AkLato and had check on the wiki. AkLato stats are just plain wrong.

Lato (8 forma) can only take me to Saturn.

Five formas Lato user here, and mine can take me through Pluto with no problem.

Lato got buffed in U14, and it wasn't in the patch notes.  There was a slight weapon rebalance to try to make the starter weapons all be close to eachother in effective power.

Aklato, however, did not get this buff, which is probably an oversight.

Lato got buffed in U14, and it wasn't in the patch notes.  There was a slight weapon rebalance to try to make the starter weapons all be close to eachother in effective power.

Nor did Vandal or Prime. 

Which is why I had to make this thread. 

Who's in favor of adding Braton Prime's promised buff to that list? That way we get two (very similar) problems solved in one hit!

Still waiting for the Braton Prime to get buffed.

^ this

Me and my baby are waiting DE.

Lato got buffed in U14, and it wasn't in the patch notes. There was a slight weapon rebalance to try to make the starter weapons all be close to eachother in effective power.

Source? Edited by CenSilver

Who's in favor of adding Braton Prime's promised buff to that list? That way we get two (very similar) problems solved in one hit!

^ this

Me and my baby are waiting DE.

Source?

It was an unlisted change, so you'll have to go off of older screenshots/info and check out the stats in-game.  You can check the wiki's edit history to see for yourself, if you can't find any pre-14 screenshots.

Previously it did 12 damage, now it does 18 damage.

Aklato, on the other hand, still does 12 damage.

+6 damage may not seem like much, but with the way Warframe's mod system works, that's +50% potential damage.

Strun also got buffed with U14, increasing it's damage and fire rate.

Strun Wraith however, did not.

This being said, the Strun Wraith currently does less damage than the Strun. Fun fact.

Just thought I'd share this with you since we're talking about inconsistencies between exclusive weapons and their regular counterparts.

Edited by ThaMega

My Lato Vandal can put out about 8K DPS - if you want to nitpick the on-paper calculated raw numbers.

If you could point out to me what it can't kill I'd like to give it a go, cause I'm pretty sure it can, considering I never bother getting more then a pair of guns to that level, seeing that it is not really needed anywhere.

One hour T4 Defense you say? I've ran 8 hours DD marathons. Your T4 missions are puny by comparison. We had NINJAS trying to kill us. NINJAS !!!

My Lato Vandal can put out about 8K DPS - if you want to nitpick the on-paper calculated raw numbers.

If you could point out to me what it can't kill I'd like to give it a go, cause I'm pretty sure it can, considering I never bother getting more then a pair of guns to that level, seeing that it is not really needed anywhere.

One hour T4 Defense you say? I've ran 8 hours DD marathons. Your T4 missions are puny by comparison. We had NINJAS trying to kill us. NINJAS !!!

7iICMKI.gif

i wish they would buff up the lato's especially the aklato (my favorite pistols in the game) , as frankly the dmg is laughable and not really a sensible option beyond level 10 enemies, and that 8k dps would be at the very top of its dmg i suspect (sadly) and as such is such a handicap to take anywhere even remotely serious its just daft, especially compared to other secondary's that can easily reach in excess of 10x that.

what i would love to see is a situation akin to the nikana, you initially have the basic nikana, which is perfectly respectable for most parts of the game but, then you can upgrade it into the far superior and more capable dragon nikana which makes it viable and sensible to take on really long "endgame" missions, it would also allow it to remain a it is (all be it with a buff to normalise it in regards to the aklato) for the low levels then allow it to be powered up to be used a late levels as well.

until then, ill be using my akmagnus with their 100k+ odd dps and only bring out the aklatos when i fee like grinding out yet another forma on them(at 5 so far and half way to the 6th and illa dmit it would be nice to be able to use the lato prime for something other than a trophy piece).

laters

Monk

Lato shouldn't be endgame 'cause it's a newbie weapon and has a rank 0 requirement, not even needing to be built.  If it was a situation like the Nikana and the higher-tier version needed a higher mastery rank that'd be neat, actually.

Lato shouldn't be endgame 'cause it's a newbie weapon and has a rank 0 requirement, not even needing to be built.  If it was a situation like the Nikana and the higher-tier version needed a higher mastery rank that'd be neat, actually.

Um... wat.

Noone's asking to make it a soma 2.0 dude. We're asking for a rebuff to what it was, so it can be in par with the rest of the MR-0 Weps again. not to mantion they're secondaries.  AKA the only choice you have for defending yourself/your teammates when you're downed. so they NEED to be reliable.

They became useless, and we want that fixed.

Kthnkxbai

Um... wat.

Noone's asking to make it a soma 2.0 dude. We're asking for a rebuff to what it was, so it can be in par with the rest of the MR-0 Weps again. not to mantion they're secondaries.  AKA the only choice you have for defending yourself/your teammates when you're downed. so they NEED to be reliable.

They became useless, and we want that fixed.

Kthnkxbai

I was responding to the post right above mine.

I have already responded to the thread in general otherwise.