Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Seriously, De. It's Time To Buff Lato Vandal, Aklato, And Lato Prime.

Brynslustafir

"Buff these out-of-match weapon" threads usually don't die that quickly, thankfully.

Sadly they do though unless interested parties stay on top of it because most of the playerbase falls for the bait and switch every time something new is added.

Also yes, Aklato and Lato Vandal are actually some of my favorite secondaries.  Please return them to their previous standings.

Edited by Malikon

Sadly they do though unless interested parties stay on top of it because most of the playerbase falls for the bait and switch every time something new is added.

Also yes, Aklato and Lato Vandal are actually some of my favorite secondaries.  Please return them to their previous standings.

Well, I certainly plan to stay on top of this.

DE would probably add Augment mods for Lato family instead of buffing them.

Just saying.

1 - Nonsense.

2 - Even if you were to be right, and they actually did that, we'd just keep over the top of this thread until the actual weapons got rebuffed.

It is not like we are asking for a random 'OP' buff....just a simple stat revert to previous damage values.

Nerfed to reflect starter weapon class, then new starter weapons came and Base Lato had a damage buff to be brought up to par of new Mk starter sidearms. Variants of Lato did not receive similar attention. (Aklato, Vandal, Prime)

Lato does 18 damage.  AKLato didn't get buffed to match (why in some cases dual-wield is different from single wield outside of reload timing and magazine capacity, I don't know) but it should.  The Lato prime deals 21 damage, and is exclusive.  REALLY low on the totem pole of concern here.  The Lato Vandal is the same way.  This game needs a new Lato.

Not that I'd complain if they got reverted back to their old old stats, but they're in a fair spot right now, mastery rank not withstanding.  Like putting a mastery rank to a weapon would ever stop OP/UP cries.

And buffing a weapon doesn't mean giving it polarities.

i wish they would buff up the lato's especially the aklato (my favorite pistols in the game) , as frankly the dmg is laughable and not really a sensible option beyond level 10 enemies, and that 8k dps would be at the very top of its dmg i suspect (sadly) and as such is such a handicap to take anywhere even remotely serious its just daft, especially compared to other secondary's that can easily reach in excess of 10x that.

what i would love to see is a situation akin to the nikana, you initially have the basic nikana, which is perfectly respectable for most parts of the game but, then you can upgrade it into the far superior and more capable dragon nikana which makes it viable and sensible to take on really long "endgame" missions, it would also allow it to remain a it is (all be it with a buff to normalise it in regards to the aklato) for the low levels then allow it to be powered up to be used a late levels as well.

until then, ill be using my akmagnus with their 100k+ odd dps and only bring out the aklatos when i fee like grinding out yet another forma on them(at 5 so far and half way to the 6th and illa dmit it would be nice to be able to use the lato prime for something other than a trophy piece).

laters

Monk

There is NO guns in this game that should be enabled via the what now seem rather silly stacking mechanics to reach obscene numbers (and for the record, you are NOT doing 100K DPS with those) because when you have obscene guns, people will either constantly complain about getting them nerfed or complain why other guns are not as good.

The only point of guns in Warframe is getting as high as 15 minutes Survival or Rotation C Defence. They DO NOT, under ANY circumstances, need to do ANY better then that.

Sticking 8 Forma in guns creates a false sense of achievement, which causes people to question why they did it, which makes them repeat useless rotations in Defense missions to justify getting enemies that actually take more then one shot to kill. It's a really dumb circle.

Forma should have been something with a LOT more consequences attached. It's far too flexible.

At least your understand enough to put "endgame" in quotes, because there is no actual thing.

Edited by DSpite

They got nerfed many months ago. Do you not know this?

You're going to have to point it out to me with details, since the post being responded to was talking about using weapons for a long time out of love, and I'm pretty sure that nerf didn't happen just a few months ago...

Maybe you should read the OP. 

OP doesn't actually have any "time landmarks", so to speak, nor any actual numbers of comparisons.

It refers to incidents as if the readers are already intimately familiar with them and only needs to be reminded of which incidents they are, which does not hold true for everybody.

Thus me asking for details.

Thus me asking for details.

stealth change in update 11, when we got "damage 2.0" (no, it's not in the patch notes). in fact, for how much sense it made people thought it was a display bug at first. lato/aklato damage went from 24 to 12 (10 at first even?), lato prime from 27 to 21 (22?), lato vandal from 30 to 20 (or maybe the ak/prime and vandal were brought in line in u12). only lato has since been brought back up to 18 which happened in update 14 with "new user experience 2.0" when more mk1 weaps were added and the strun was buffed to not have a mk1 variant be utterly useless leaving strun wraith behind (once again, nothing in the patch notes).

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/196413-why-de-why-lato-nerf/

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/176149-pssst-de-why-nerf-the-lato/

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/176970-why-nerf-the-lato-vandal-and-prime-also/

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/154917-lato-nerf/

Edited by SlyBoots

stealth change in update 11, when we got "damage 2.0" (no, it's not in the patch notes). lato/aklato damage went from 24 to 12, lato prime from 27 to 21, lato vandal from 30 to 20 (or maybe the ak/prime and vandal were brought in line in u12). only lato has since been brought back up to 18 which happened in update 14 with "new user experience 2.0" when more mk1 weaps were added and the strun was buffed to not have a mk1 variant be utterly useless leaving strun wraith behind (once again, nothing in the patch notes).

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/196413-why-de-why-lato-nerf/

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/176149-pssst-de-why-nerf-the-lato/

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/176970-why-nerf-the-lato-vandal-and-prime-also/

Thank you for actually providing details.

(I was gone during Damage 2.0's introduction and had moved past the starter gear long before that so I never saw this happening.)

Ah, here we are again.

I had kind of hoped that the Latos could get a bit of a buff, when the MK-1 line of weapons were introduced and later when they started to sell that nice Excalibur statue with his AkLatos.

It's all a bit dissapointing, seeing how the Lato is one of the oldest weapon models in the game and has a nice design (fitting being a pistol version of the Latron).

It's also somewhat strange. We now got a whole line of "dumbed down" beginner versions under the MK-1 Label, but for some reason the Lato and Skana are still in the same place with them.

Why not introduced buffed versions of these two to make it all look more symetric. To me it looks like a relative straight forward and simple process.

1. Change the current Lato to be the MK-1 Lato.

2. Introduce a stronger regular version of the Lato with higher price and change the AkLato accordingly.

3. Buff the Lato Prime and Lato Vandal to the new standard.

(Same with Skana.)

Not a single new model required.

I really hope the "locked" status of the Lato and Skana Prime isn't to blame for this.

Edited by Othergrunty

Many of DE's actions are unexplained. Too many weapons and Steve is not working faster I guess? I dunno I hear a lot of bad things about steve, but I don't care as long as I get to shoot some grineer and corpus.

Edited by Heidrek