Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Moustaches Are Disrupting The Game's Theme.

Semideos

As I posted in another forum:

I agree with this guys. I mean, the full Movember stuff is really funny to see and to wear. My problem is: The item (cosmetic) itself doesnt fit into warframe.  The idea is surely great! Buuuut not in this game. Lemme explain myself. This moustache cosmetic would fit in another (great) games like TF2, COD, or something with that graphics idea. But Warframe is a space-themed game with warframes (suits) made entirely for fighting and increasing survivability. The problem is not the idea, the problem (to me) is how this idea was introduced to the game. For example: The same Moustache idea, but introduced as a luminiscent sigil (instead of a hairy moustache) wearable in the warframe's face... That gives the correct scent/felling about the space theme, while also giving the funny moustache to people and promoting men's health. (This was just my idea of how should the moustache should have been introduced, Im sure other guys can and will think better ways)

Another theme-breaker, in fact, is Limbo. The abilities are awesome, well thought and requires players to master them in order to use their full potential. The problem (again (sorry)) is Limbo's look. It looks funny and actually its nice the hat idea and the (hidden) tuxedo, I mean the idea is great! But, not for Warframe... It breaks all the warrior-space-battling scent of the game...

DEVs can (and should) get funny stuff things into warframe, just by the right means. A warframe like Limbo can also be launch every 8-12 serious warframes so the game gets its funny aspect. But I would not recommend getting a bunch of funny warframes at once (Mirage=a clown-like warframe who got a disco ball with confetti).

My final statement is this one: From now one Warframe is deciding which of these paths to follow: The warrior-space-battling cool theme where the warframes are powerful and respected beings created by the void's energy capable of killing entire armies of enemies OR that game which has funny stuff in it, which kids enjoy playing, using a clown with a big red nose and bunny ears and with new weapons like the Tickle-R and the Fart-Pumper (maybe overreacted a bit), or even more like a TF2 (which is also a great game, but with another theme) which is more like a cartoon-like game with funny stuff in it.

Again, this is just my opinion about this. I didn't want to offend anyone. I hope DEVs consider this fact and analize it. Maybe I'm wrong about all this, or maybe not.

Im sorry for my english. I am not a native english speaker, but always trying to improve :)

>>As I just read in the comments this great idea: instead of the funny facts being introduced to hte warframes itself, they should be introduced for secondary elements like kubrows, sentinels, even Lotus and Ordis, that would make the game funny to play, while respecting the powerful warframes idea. :) Also, i support the idea of little fun things being added like the 

I just wanted to post it myself to know what you guys think. 

EDIT: Do not missunderstand me, I support the idea of little fun things being added like the Noggle Statues (I, myself, posted a friendly topic about it: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/330264-%E2%99%A5%E2%98%BA-noggle-statue-mini-bossfight-%E2%98%BC-post-your-noggle-scenario/#entry3723313) or even nice skins to weapons that include pumpkins (like the ones just offered in the market) or the incoming christmas skins that I am sure they will be awesome... I just critisize some other things that, for me, do not go on with the game's flow.

Edited by KILLSOME1PLZ

The movemeber mustaches are only for November, after that they are gone.

Loki has the design of a hammer head shark.

Rhino has a gigantic wang.

I think Limbo looking like a magician is the least of our worries here.

Edited by TheErebus

From now one Warframe is deciding which of these paths to follow: The warrior-space-battling cool theme where the warframes are powerful and respected beings created by the void's energy capable of killing entire armies of enemies OR that game which has funny stuff in it, which kids enjoy playing, using a clown with a big red nose and bunny ears and with new weapons like the Tickle-R and the Fart-Pumper (maybe overreacted a bit), or even more like a TF2 (which is also a great game, but with another theme) which is more like a cartoon-like game with funny stuff in it. 

That's a bit of a false dilemma. It's possible to strike a happy medium between the two.

And anyways, the mustaches are only for a month and the Limbo thing is subjective.

At least both of them look (and probably are more) designed for combat. 

Limbo is a caster frame for sure, so he doesn't need to be all suited up for combat like Rhino or Ash.

I mean look at trinity, does that lobster tail really serve any purpose in terms of combat and practicality?

Limbo is a caster frame for sure, so he doesn't need to be all suited up for combat like Rhino or Ash.

Ember says 'Hi' for being a caster Warframe being designed for combat, for one. 

I mean look at trinity, does that lobster tail really serve any purpose in terms of combat and practicality?

Samurai armour (or at least inspired by), or something a bit like a kama in Star Wars. 

Those thighs would be hilariously impractical. They're not the kind of thing any sane designer would include on a combat platform.

Excalibur is the only one who really looks combat appropriate. Luckily it's a video game, so that doesn't really matter. 

Contrary to what many people are saying in this thread and elsewhere, the moustaches are not going away after November.

They're receiving the same treatment as the Candy-cane scythe skin: available for a short time but equippable year-round.

Proof? The article said "only obtainable through November." That implies that they don't disappear after the month ends.

Samurai armour (or at least inspired by), or something a bit like a kama in Star Wars. 

WarframeAlternateSkinEmber.png

Apparently upon further inspected, Limbo has a higher base Armor stat than ember. 

Ember has 15.

Limbo (according to the wiki) has 65.

But Limbo's design does need to be combat oriented. He could be a support designed frame who isn't geared for combat as much as the others.

But still, Rhino's wang serves no purpose than looking fine.

Contrary to what many people are saying in this thread and elsewhere, the moustaches are not going away after November.

They're receiving the same treatment as the Candy-cane scythe skin: available for a short time but equippable year-round.

Proof? The article said "only obtainable through November." That implies that they don't disappear after the month ends.

Implies.

It isn't certain that they'll go away. But I agree, most likely it is just obtainable through nov.

The movemeber mustaches are only for November, after that they are gone.

Loki has the design of a hammer head shark.

Rhino has a gigantic wang.

I think Limbo looking like a magician is the least of our worries here.

no, you see a gigantic wang, one common definition of intelligence is the capacity to make connections, you (and many others) connect that piece of armor to a "wang".

And yes OP i agree those mustaches are jarring, fortunately they are only temporary, i wouldn't mind them if they were made of "infected tissue" like hydroid's "hair" though.

no, you see a gigantic wang, one common definition of intelligence is the capacity to make connections, you (and many others) connect that piece of armor to a "wang".

Then what in gods name do you see, because honestly that thing cannot be anything else but a wang piece.

Then what in gods name do you see, because honestly that thing cannot be anything else but a wang piece.

I see a piece of armor, if you want me to speculate i could say that it might be some kind of "balancing" appendage like tails in monkeys and some other mammals rhino is a top heavy frame after all, i would understand if his column has extended itself to reinforce his gravity center or something of the like. I have never seen rhino perform any physiological function related to "wangs" with that piece of armor, hence it is not a "wang".

There seems like a huge gap of choices in the middle. 

Bunny ears, Pumpkin Heads, Hot Pink Speed Demon Rhinos. Excalibur's little hand gesture in Super Jump, Tyl Regor's obsession with Halloween/Fashion. 
The game has never taken itself too seriously, it always finds ways to be silly and quirky. Mustaches are just the next step in that. 

I see a piece of armor, if you want me to speculate i could say that it might be some kind of "balancing" appendage like tails in monkeys and some other mammals rhino is a top heavy frame after all, i would understand if his column has extended itself to reinforce his gravity center or something of the like. I have never seen rhino perform any physiological function related to "wangs" with that piece of armor, hence it is not a "wang".

This seems like one of those cases when it is fair to say, 'if enough people say it is.' It is. 
It looks like a giant cod piece, it's actual purpose is not explained to us and probably will never be, so it's value lies in the vote of the masses. In which case, wang. 

Maybe it is just my (and others) perverted minds seeing as a giant wang, but I can see where you're coming from.

If only Mynki could come and tell us why he made it look like that.

... (Mirage=a clown-like warframe who got a disco ball with confetti)...

...The warrior-space-battling cool theme where the warframes are powerful and respected beings created by the void's energy capable of killing entire armies of enemies OR that game which has funny stuff in it, which kids enjoy playing, using a clown with a big red nose and bunny ears and with new weapons like the Tickle-R and the Fart-Pumper

damn i cant un-highlight that part

anyways, i feel WF is doing a pretty good job of balancing both without dichotomising (separating) into a serious-or-funny scenario.

There's serious stuff like the apparently righteous Lotus, Vay Hek, Sargas Ruk, Alad V or some other big name who's ready to conquer the solar system with their latest plot or weapon or wtever.

Then there's the Lotus rumoured to have shenanigans (lazing wiith space cats, drowning under consigned kubrows etc), Turkey Hek, Salad V. And of course, Darvo, who was out of commission for some time for messing with le Stalker, and Ordis who hopefully won't self-destruct just to see you/your kubrow die in its final moments.

Then, instead of forcing them apart, they got mashed together into Warframe. 

As for Mirage, you can even call her a joke, but her skills are pretty funny strong. It's one thing fighting beside a clown and another fighting beside a war veteran of a badass clown IMO.

As for moustaches, I find them too small to be noticeable and disruptable. Unless Even if it's the Ancient-China-master-esque flowing beard/moustache

Those thighs would be hilariously impractical. They're not the kind of thing any sane designer would include on a combat platform.

Not as impractical as a man in a suit with a top hat though. 

At least the thighs would provide a bit of a buffer for some large pieces of shrapnel (but maybe not those pesky brambles). 

Not as impractical as a man in a suit with a top hat though. 

At least the thighs would provide a bit of a buffer for some large pieces of shrapnel (but maybe not those pesky brambles). 

Oh i don't know, the large pieces of metal on the head of Ember are as useful right?

We can assume the top hat is maybe a catalyst of sorts? When he takes it off the energy can be seen flowing underneath it